Gran Turismo 7: PSVR2 upgrade confirmed.

p1nseeker

1 hour ago, spatular said:

you should be able to buy tires on the way into the pits, so annoying doing a long race that starts raining in the middle to go into the pits and find you can't change to wets anyway :lol:

So they have an implementation that works for that - when you add a livery from a collection it bundles what you need to buy into one and you just buy the lot in one go.

Do they same with tyres etc. Come on PD. Fuck all this going in and out of menus. It's lazy and tiring.

1 hour ago, mexos said:

So they have an implementation that works for that - when you add a livery from a collection it bundles what you need to buy into one and you just buy the lot in one go.

Do they same with tyres etc. Come on PD. Fuck all this going in and out of menus. It's lazy and tiring.

I still think it's way worse than that, they had an online mode that worked (by and large) you might have heard of it, it was called 'GT Sport' and all they had to do was cut and paste.

One job :quote:

44 minutes ago, marsh said:

I still think it's way worse than that, they had an online mode that worked (by and large) you might have heard of it, it was called 'GT Sport' and all they had to do was cut and paste.

One job :quote:

It’s baffling isn’t it, I think the trainee must’ve pulled the wrong version of the code out of source control.

Im still struggling to get my wheel dialled in, its too heavy at the moment but still fiddling and will get there - its a pain they they keep breaking the FFB as you get it setup lovely and then they change the base settings…

While im moaning… did the daily race B, first go was a disaster as I thought id selected the quali practice but turns out as I rented the car and didnt pay attention I was in the race and as I have a personal motto of never giving up anything ive started I embarrassed myself and driver rating on a track id not raced on before 😂 I can’t really blame the game for that so I went into Quali and set a low 2:04, lots of room to improve but at least I knew the track so of course I get put in a lovey with drivers popping in 2:00 - how does the game thing thats good matchmaking!? Second moan is the penalty free bumper cars with people able to drive into you mid corner and clean you out penalty free… the new system is far worse than it was on launch :( but I plugged on and got a decent 6th place - pretty pissed off with the lobby and knobs I was going to turn it off but thought id have one more race…

In quali I put in a 2:03 having watched the lines the winner was taking, it was very scrappy and a 2:02 is defi possible, started in 6th and had a brilliant and clean race - made some great passes and was in third chasing down the top two - a mistake cost me any chance but finished 3rd only 3 secs back. That race gave me faith there is a great game in there, not just as I did ok but it was fair and clean and when passing people they just didnt turn into you :o 

Long rant over, its just a shame PD seem to be deaf to the playing community as there isnt much that needs to change to make this such a good racer.

spacer.png

On a side not, the little end of race bit is brilliant when you have had a decent race - I honestly almost felt as good as the maiden win as it was such a good race, ive watched the replay and was still on a high then you go back to the menu UI…..

18 minutes ago, marsh said:

Just do daily race A, it's rallying so dickhead central, and with no ranking points at stake it's a total crapshoot as to the outcome.

😎

I hate rallying in GT games, all of them - I couldn’t bring myself to actually play it outside of the licence tests!

23 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I hate rallying in GT games, all of them - I couldn’t bring myself to actually play it outside of the licence tests!

It's no dirt, and I think that's where the problem starts.

Think sega rally, and it's fucking brilliant.

Idea for Monday night themed races.

1. “Vulgar Display of Power”. 

De Tomaso Panteras tuned to the max.  nineties thrash metal album cover style liveries. Nitrous deployed as a Dimebag solo.

Pantera is in the used car dealer this week 

2 hours ago, Junker said:

Idea for Monday night themed races.

1. “Vulgar Display of Power”. 

De Tomaso Panteras tuned to the max.  nineties thrash metal album cover style liveries. Nitrous deployed as a Dimebag solo.

Pantera is in the used car dealer this week 

Or even pick a small car and tune it to the max... Eg Fiat 500 with nitro etc.... Might be fun.... (Inspired by @Fretnoise's Nitrous fueled Cappuccino upthread!)

Another idea for the game to ignore PP for those that don’t care. For each event they have a ‘this car is good enough but not op’ to win this race option. Tells you how much to upgrade it / add tyres to the required level. 1 button press and you are driving. 

Expand it further. Here are eligible cars in your garage and beside each one is the cost to bring it to ‘good enough to win this race but not be op’.  

Yeah I get that this isn't what the game is really going for, but I'm not really interested in all the tuning and tweaking and upgrading either. I just wanna race in evenly matched cars. The game seems to be actively getting in the way of that sometimes. With the exception of the livery editor, which is brilliant.

I know I'll get shouted at for praising The Other Series, but I like the way Forza does it. Loads of tuning options, but if you're not that bothered about it and just want to hit a specific PP number for a certain event, you just browse other people's setups and can buy them in a couple of clicks. 

9 hours ago, John0 said:

Yeah I get that this isn't what the game is really going for, but I'm not really interested in all the tuning and tweaking and upgrading either. I just wanna race in evenly matched cars. The game seems to be actively getting in the way of that sometimes. With the exception of the livery editor, which is brilliant.

To be honest, you joined on a Monday when we did overcomplicate it. Most weeks we race Gr3 or 4 with BoP on . This makes it fairly competitive in all  cars.

I think Monday proved that if we are going to do tuned cars we need to be able to share tunes or just run them stock like we do with the Mazda Roadster Touring car. people can then rock up at 8pm and have a competitive car without the stress of trying to work it all out in time. 

8 hours ago, marsh said:

The kei cup is probably worth a go with this then, as most people will have souped up a honda beat to 400pp and then realised they should have bought a copen...

Yesthat’s a good idea - sticking to categories the game makes you use is a good way of making sure we’ve probably all got one.

8 hours ago, marsh said:

The kei cup is probably worth a go with this then, as most people will have souped up a honda beat Cappuccino to 400pp and then realised they should have bought a copen...

Fixed it :)

Is nitrous allowed?  Asking for a friend. 

I think we could also do a “Nominated Stock Car or Equivalent PP” race (we probably need a snappier title). Basically, nominate a car (the Radical, for instance) and say you can either use that, completely stock, or you can tune something else up on the same tyres to the same PP.

The Civic touring car may be a suitable alternative too, and the good old Mazda Touring Car.  You can then use the nominated car as a benchmark for your tune and if you’re not bothered or don’t have time you just use the stock car.

I think 700 was too high for Monday’s race as you end up having to drastically over-power most cars to get there, and then they’re terrible to drive - a bit like the N-series cars from GTS that always had terrible brakes. The Radical and Mazda are both mid-500s I think, which seems like a decent spot.

PP400 Kei Class on Comfort Softs on Monday then?

I've been working my way at winning the Endurance Races in the missions.

image.thumb.png.ac8c42fedbb6160668960d1c76a674cb.png

Tips, if anyone's interested:

Tsukuba (Roadster Touring Car) - Key to this is matching the lead car's tyre strategy as it gets wetter, then once it dries, stay on wets when the leader stops for inters. Then go straight onto slicks when you can (dry line has the wetness gauge in the bottom third). You'll need to be careful to stay online as the track continues to dry.

Trial Mountain (BAC Mono) - Buy a racing differential & soft tyres. In the setup screen, drop the front and rear ride height to the minimums. makes the car far faster. 2 stops. Be very carefulk about hitting the wall as the penalty for doing so is harsh.

Autopolis (Keis, 400PP) - I used a Beat tuned to about 80 bhp with aero mods front and rear, gearbox, suspension. only actual tuning was stretching out the gearbox. 2-stop strategy with 8 lap stints is best. it'll look like it's not working in the first half but inthe second half of the race, the leader slows down by a couple of secs per lap.

Kyoto (road car, 550pp) - Use the stock radical. It's faster than the competition, goes longer on fuel (Can almost do it without stopping), and is very easy on the tyres. 1 stop, once the tyres start to get past their peak.

Alsace (pre-79, 450pp)- there's online tunes that make the Alpine 220 fit the requirements. I used this.

@McSpeed likes to keep next week’s racing under wraps so people can’t practice too much and so keep it fair.

I think if we go for tuned cars we DO need to give advance warning. Also - if I get chance I will share my tune so people have a base to go off. 

2 hours ago, Junker said:

@McSpeed likes to keep next week’s racing under wraps so people can’t practice too much and so keep it fair.

I think if we go for tuned cars we DO need to give advance warning. Also - if I get chance I will share my tune so people have a base to go off. 

Agreed. No problem with keeping track choice and tyre / fuel multipliers under wraps, but it can take a little while to get a tuned car sorted so you can drive it without it killing you every other corner.

Over time maybe we could have a bunch of ready-to-go “MNRC-Specs”?

PP400 with Comfort tyres 

PP500 with Sports tyres

PP600 with Racing tyres

…or something? (I’ve pulled those out of thin air, just ideas)

15 minutes ago, Fretnoise said:

Agreed. No problem with keeping track choice and tyre / fuel multipliers under wraps, but it can take a little while to get a tuned car sorted so you can drive it without it killing you every other corner.

Over time maybe we could have a bunch of ready-to-go “MNRC-Specs”?

PP400 with Comfort tyres 

PP500 with Sports tyres

PP600 with Racing tyres

…or something? (I’ve pulled those out of thin air, just ideas)

Fret slams it out the park. Great idea.

Maybe we could  have a Google sheet somewhere with all the deets in it.

If we want to race something special - like an exotic car and have racing wets etc pop it on the sheet a few weeks before we use it so we can make sure everyone has it ready to go.

‘Readymade’ cars could be a great solution to allow us to race outside of the vanilla cars / weather conditions. Personally I want to do more 1h races with mixed weather.

15 minutes ago, mexos said:

Fret slams it out the park. Great idea.

Maybe we could  have a Google sheet somewhere with all the deets in it.

If we want to race something special - like an exotic car and have racing wets etc pop it on the sheet a few weeks before we use it so we can make sure everyone has it ready to go.

‘Readymade’ cars could be a great solution to allow us to race outside of the vanilla cars / weather conditions. Personally I want to do more 1h races with mixed weather.

discord server?

9 hours ago, mexos said:

👀

Hopefully this will add a little bit of pressure although I doubt it.

I think it will. He’s the current world champion and Virtual Olympic champion. 
 Also SuperGT ( biggest streamer of Gran Turismo by a mile) piped up in the replies. 

9BD955BD-0AE5-440D-9038-5842A90E2FE1.jpeg

I've stopped playing it - not that I'm a world champion or anything - getting 16,000CR for winning a race in Sports mode is pitiful and I've barely made it out of the half a million credits bracket since completing the initial café books.

The x3 new café books introduced in the last update require me to spend just about all of those credits to compete in them as I don't have the cars.

As a car collection game this is a failure. As for the daily rewards roulette thing - that is a fucking joke - yay I've won another piston part for a Honda.

• p1nseeker changed the title to Gran Turismo 7: PSVR2 upgrade confirmed.