Gran Turismo 7: PSVR2 upgrade confirmed.

p1nseeker

7 minutes ago, Sng said:

As bad as the spins are at least that is just part of the game itself. It would be a lot (lot!) worse if you could buy roulette tickets. That bloody better never happen!

Jesus, don’t give them ideas!

there is an offline mode but I don’t see why a game with a 100+GB footprint cant have the save held locally. (Guessing the MTs have something to do with it.)

Will the (full) game be unplayable when they inevitably turn off the servers?

14 minutes ago, geldra said:

Will the (full) game be unplayable when they inevitably turn off the servers?

I'd assume so, considering it's unplayable without the servers only two weeks after release.

I do love me some Gran Turismo, but I'm starting to feel extremely aggrieved at parting with £70 for a game I can't even play at the moment.

I was going to get this game. Glad I didn't. By buying it now you are saying you are ok with these sort of practices.

Correct me if I am wrong, but they seem to have updated it, so it takes longer to earn money by actually playing the game. They are just enticing people to take the easier route and pay real money on top of the £70 they already paid for the game. That and the online only bullshit as well...

7 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I was going to get this game. Glad I didn't. By buying it now you are saying you are ok with these sort of practices.

Correct me if I am wrong, but they seem to have updated it, so it takes longer to earn money by actually playing the game. They are just enticing people to take the easier route and pay real money on top of the £70 they already paid for the game. That and the online only bullshit as well...

Well, who knows considering 90% of the game, including the single-player career mode, is completely unaccessible and has been since they released the patch yesterday?

21 minutes ago, Sumire said:

Have they? Interesting not played since the patch was issued. 

Not impressed that the single player game is tied into being always online TBH. This wasn't really made that clear by Sony before it was released TBH. Not sure why the single player game cannot be cached locally and results uploaded when the connection restored. Guessing the online stuff is too deeply integrated into the game.

As for MTXs well they were bound to be added main point of contention for me is removing the opportunity to buy cars outright rather than using (expensive) in game credits. Expensive in terms of what you can buy in game with the funds. Anyway it is what it is. 

Not buying any credits anyway as I don't want to encourage this practice. It will be interesting to see how MS integrate all this on the next iteration of Forza Motorsport (my other favourite racing game).

8 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I’m not one to defend Sony and will shortly be having a post in the PS5 thread about what a shambles they and the new console are but…..

What/where is the push to buy credit?

The fact that (based on the new payouts, not that they've actually gone live with the maintenance cockup) you could complete Skyrim or Mass Effect more quickly than the time needed to grind credits for one top-end car like the 917?

8 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

What/where is the push to buy credit? I haven’t seen anything pushing me too it and I’ve aren’t a decent amount of it from just playing the game - obv feck all from the rugged roulette wheel.

On the dash every time I switch on the console, 100,000 for £1.99, bargain eh? Let me just calculate the cost of the 20M Ferrari that’s bound to drop soon.

Time limited content in the Used Car Dealer, Legendary Dealer and New Car Invitationals, better buy it now before it goes out of stock or up in value?

A roulette wheel that rewards the lowest value the majority of the time, gives you spare parts for cars you don’t own (better buy that car for my special turbo) or gives you an invitation to buy a car.

This game is all about collecting cars, don’t you forget it, Cafe mode, ’Learn  More’, why don’ you just buy the car, simples. Forget this racing malarkey, the winnings are rubbish anyway.

Buy PSN credit button on cars but to be fair at least it’s not neon and flashing. Own up, who forgot to put the option in to hide it like we had in GTS?

16 hours ago, alex3d said:

You bought it for £70 so must have been fine with it being always online :)

That's why I'm not buying always on crap like that. Shame about the actual game.

Think this will be the bone of contention for many. If it had been released as part of a service then people  might be more understanding.. the fact effectively what they are doing has stopped people playing the game they paid for. Well that is another thing. Single player should always be accessible IMHO because that is what you have paid for. If they are going to make a game online dependant then it should be in a freemium model or GaaS. This hybrid BS is just that. BS. :) 

Anyway plan to have another session on this at the weekend (if I'm allowed to!!!) and finish up on the café cards. Had around 20+ hours on this so far and enjoyed it. 

I agree with all of this... and the longer it's sat unplayable on my PS5 home screen, the more my (considerable) goodwill diminishes.

I just keep reminding myself that I only really wanted more of GT Sport, which I only ever played single player in order to get some credits for Joe's latest mad hatter idea for Monday night's races (and the Lewis DLC - that was pretty good).  I'm not going to gold all the license tests, and I'll probably only go after the missions that aren't "start half a lap down and cope with the awful AI to win".  I just want online to work and for our Monday nights to be on a par with how they were with GTS.  

Oh and Music Rally can just get in the sea.  At least let me turn the awful music down so I can hear the bloody engine and have a chance of changing gear at the right time OR let me use the normal dash so I can see when to change gear instead.  :facepalm:

Just had a quick check.. patch file applied and the game is still offline. Having not really seen the extent of what isn't available when the network connection is gone its shocking really. All you can do is basically play an arcade type mode or music rally. Hmmmm. Can't even mess with the livery editor or have a crack at some missions or something - practically the whole game is unplayable. 

Not good. 

35 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

I’m tempted to request a refund. 

Indeed. Although to be fair happy with what I've played so far and had 20 or so hours on it. Going forward I'll be much more careful about pre-ordering anything. Especially from Sony and going physical only so at least I am able to resell it and re-coup some of the outlay.

Think for me ultimately I will  just stick to a sub service - probably GamePass and just pick up any Sony exclusives way down the line when the issues have been resolved and everything has been thoroughly scrutinised. At least with GamePass you can play without spending £60-70 to find out things have been hidden in the reviews of the game. Guessing most of the issues can be tweaked a bit (with respect to car prices, credits earned in races etc). However it does feel like they have been trying it on a bit with early adopters. 

Anyway when I'm allowed by Sony/PD to play the game its great however my advice to anyone wanting to play this at the moment. Wait. :) Pick it up at the back end of the year on disk. Hopefully they will have ironed out things by then.

11 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Not related to the server outage, but that roulette thing is a proper con. I don't know how a feature gets through to release in that state, it beggars belief.

:) I think its a nice idea in concept but the implementation is poor - arguably skewed to get you to spend credits. Makes wheelspins in Forza look very generous. Its like someone at Sony/PD looked at wheelspins and thought "how can we use this to make some more money." rather than add value and fun to the game - which is how wheelspins come across in Forza... they add fun and generally give a great prize from time to time. Pretty much every "prize" I've won in the roulettes has been utterly crap. So I pretty much ignore them now as they annoy me more than give an element of chance (because they feel rigged). And I used to whinge about clothes and horns... :D 

When I'm done with the single player to the point of finishing up on the café cards and missions probably just going to leave this for a bit and see how they do with their servers etc. I will just find it incredibly frustrating if I just want a quick blast and I'm denied access because of some server maintenance rubbish. I didn't buy a full GT7 game for most of it to be dependant on servers that Sony/PD control. Is this the future of single player gaming going forward? :( 

Just had a quick look at the arcade mode. Seems the selection of cars you can use on this is not what you have acquired? None of the cars I've won/bought are in there so guessing arcade is just a pre-selected bunch of cars PD have put in there to use? Sigh. It would appear even your progress in the game is all stored in the cloud somewhere. Which begs the question is this also dependant on having a PSN+ sub? Mine runs out in June and I really don't want to buy another year as I don't really play online that much and PSN+ games every month have been less than stellar for me. 

• p1nseeker changed the title to Gran Turismo 7: PSVR2 upgrade confirmed.