Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

Maybe the patch notes will say we've added a hundred events so you can actually use all these cars and get decent rewards, yeah probably not. Maybe we'll finally be able to sell cars if we're lucky and get another mystery handling/physics change.

15 hours ago, JPR said:

Maybe the patch notes will say we've added a hundred events so you can actually use all these cars and get decent rewards, yeah probably not. Maybe we'll finally be able to sell cars if we're lucky and get another mystery handling/physics change.

Just having a look now (obviously knowing your post would be true when hell freezes over :D)...

Spoiler for length

Spoiler

Update Details (1.23)

Tweet

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) ’94 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 29 September);
  ・Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
  ・Volkswagen ID.R '19

2. Café
- The following Menu Book has been added:
 ・Menu Book No. 45: 'The Silvia Sisters' (Collector Level 27 and above);
- The following two Extra Menus have been added:
 ・Extra Menu No. 8: 'Collection: Corvette' (Collector Level 20 and above);
 ・Extra Menu No. 9: 'Collection: Mid-engine Porsche' (Collector Level 45 and above;

The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

3. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Silvia Sisters
   - Willows Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
   - Tsukuba Circuit
   - Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
  ・Japanese FR Challenge 450
   - Autopolis International Racing Course
  ・American Clubman Cup 700
   - Trial Mountain Circuit
  ・World Touring Car 800
   - Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise

‘World Touring Car 800’ will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

4. Scapes
 - The ‘California II’ and ‘Tokyo II’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

5. Livery Editor
 - Added six MAZDA SPIRIT RACING logo decals. These can be selected in the Livery Editor when the current car is a Mazda.

Other Improvements and Adjustments

1. Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
 - Improved network connectivity;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the car would not move again if stopped using the handbrake in the pitlane during a Practice on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross Layout;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ‘My Record’ time displayed during a race would be incorrect in an Online Time Trial;
 - The cursor will move to 'Exit' when pressing the cancel button in the Quick Menu. When selecting 'Exit' the dialogue 'Do you want to quit?' will now be displayed.

2. Race Screen
 - Fixed an issue wherein the refuelling indicator would be incorrect in races with fuel consumption enabled.

3. Licence Centre
 - Fixed an issue wherein the ghost car would be positioned in a different starting position to the player if 'Display Demonstration Ghost' was turned on in Licence 'S-8' and 'S-10.'

4. Car Settings
 - Changed the calculation of the Performance Points (PP) in ‘Car Settings’ so that measurements are taken with stock Differential Gear (LSD) and Suspension settings.

5. Garage
 - Fixed an issue wherein changing the settings of the current car in 'Garage' would cause that car to be listed at the top even when the sorting order was set as 'By Date Acquired';
 - Fixed an issue wherein the sorting order was incorrect when ‘Last Used’ was selected from the ‘Change Car’ menu.

6. Steering Controllers
 - Added support for the Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel;
 - Added a button configuration menu for the Fanatec® Podium in ‘Options’ > ‘Controllers';
 - Added the ability to connect to a different shifter from the one currently being used for Fanatec steering controllers;
 - Added rotary encoder support for Fanatec steering controllers. (Models which feature rotary encoders such as the Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 can be used);

7. Others
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_1344644.html

Highlights...

New Cafe Menu for Sylvia's with 4 new races in single player

Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
 - Improved network connectivity;

Areas for concern:

Car Settings
 - Changed the calculation of the Performance Points (PP) in ‘Car Settings’ so that measurements are taken with stock Differential Gear (LSD) and Suspension settings.

So either is was massively wrong, or they are now letting you change setup without it changing PP?  Either way, this could mean that fiddling with the diff to make certain cars drivable (in single player) isn't a thing now due to PP limitations.

Things I don't understand but potentially sound interesting:

6. Steering Controllers
 - Added the ability to connect to a different shifter from the one currently being used for Fanatec steering controllers;

Likely: Does this mean that Fanatec are about to launch another shifter?

Unlikely: (due to the way PS controllers connect as I understand it anyway)  Does it mean that you can USB a completely separate shifter directly to the PS, like a non-Fanatec one?

Things that will benefit other mukers with wheel rims I don't own:

- Added rotary encoder support for Fanatec steering controllers. (Models which feature rotary encoders such as the Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 can be used);

2 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

You missed the most important

bit! 

“1. Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
 - Improved network connectivity”

It's right there in the "Highlights" section ;)

I didn't make it italic, or comment on it though, I think they just stick it on the update notes to troll us

Added rotary encoder support for Fanatec steering controllers. (Models which feature rotary encoders such as the Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 can be used);

👀

*runs to the fanatec website to buy an F1 wheel*

@Corranga surely the Macca GT3 wheel you have now supports the rotary controller!?!?

This big news, it’s one is the only reasons I’ve stuck with the GT wheel as it does make changing settings a little easier - I guess with Logitech wheels having rotary controls supported it makes sense that the ‘Official’ brand can offer the same now.

What wheel to buy tho, I fear the F1 wheel will still be a little small but the Porsche wheels are very expensive….

4 hours ago, mexos said:

👀

*runs to the fanatec website to buy an F1 wheel*

Fingers crossed this years Black Friday special is a rotary dial F1 wheel...

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

@Corranga surely the Macca GT3 wheel you have now supports the rotary controller!?!?

This big news, it’s one is the only reasons I’ve stuck with the GT wheel as it does make changing settings a little easier - I guess with Logitech wheels having rotary controls supported it makes sense that the ‘Official’ brand can offer the same now.

What wheel to buy tho, I fear the F1 wheel will still be a little small but the Porsche wheels are very expensive….

I'll have to check this, Fanatec do describe them as rotary encoders, and they (used to) work in ACC (which incidentally, I think just had the massive physics update on console, or maybe it's tomorrow).

I wasn't sure if these thumb rotary encoders:

image.png.891414b096dc4bfdcd172d90a56e2780.png

communicate differently to the McLaren turny switch ones..

image.png.f04de4895e2a50c962bff081521f132e.png

Be nice if they do work, though I somehow expect that even if they do, that they won't line up with the game (e.g. 1 on the switch won't be 1 in the game unless you load up in sync and remember to reset)

Kie25 on youtube earlier was testing the lobbies on stream. He had a full 16 player lobby. It looked better...but it's definitely not fixed. Some jitter of cars in the corners and that tyre rubbing noise. too. Definitely better though but we'll see on Monday night I guess. 

16 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

Kie25 on youtube earlier was testing the lobbies on stream. He had a full 16 player lobby. It looked better...but it's definitely not fixed. Some jitter of cars in the corners and that tyre rubbing noise. too. Definitely better though but we'll see on Monday night I guess. 

On Monday Tsukuba was bad but when we did Suzuka it was pretty good, seems rather situational rather than a pattern. 
 I think reverse grids are an option now but still no Quali or host set grid option.

2 hours ago, Corranga said:

Fingers crossed this years Black Friday special is a rotary dial F1 wheel...

I'll have to check this, Fanatec do describe them as rotary encoders, and they (used to) work in ACC (which incidentally, I think just had the massive physics update on console, or maybe it's tomorrow).

I wasn't sure if these thumb rotary encoders:

image.png.891414b096dc4bfdcd172d90a56e2780.png

communicate differently to the McLaren turny switch ones..

image.png.f04de4895e2a50c962bff081521f132e.png

Be nice if they do work, though I somehow expect that even if they do, that they won't line up with the game (e.g. 1 on the switch won't be 1 in the game unless you load up in sync and remember to reset)

ACC update is today so again hopeful wheel functions work, im still torn about what wheel to get - the GT3 is a cheap way into Xbox compatibility. 

Having done loads of research the encoders on the wheel should work the same as the thumb encoders and as a positional switch so in theory should work….

21 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

i'm interested in light gun support for GT7 actually

Looking at the bullshittery they're doing for a handful of wheel users, it should be in the next patch along with a porsche 928 in dogshit brown for some chase hq style action. In fact they'll probably include another nissan to cover off the sequel at the same time.

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

ACC update is today so again hopeful wheel functions work, im still torn about what wheel to get - the GT3 is a cheap way into Xbox compatibility. 

Having done loads of research the encoders on the wheel should work the same as the thumb encoders and as a positional switch so in theory should work….

McLaren rotary switches no worky :(

4 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Ahhh boo, is that experimenting with the position dial?

the position dial, as far as I’m aware, only changes the function of the analogue paddles between clutch, accelerator and brake and mappable axis.

Mine was set to option 3 as in Sport this made them left and right on the MFD. I didn’t change the settings tonight. I tried charging the MFD, turning the 2 rotaries and rotating the funky switch, nothing. In 7, the MFD is controlled by the 2 red up/down switches, which I find awkward as I have to move my hand to reach them, so switched back to the GT rim

36 minutes ago, Corranga said:

the position dial, as far as I’m aware, only changes the function of the analogue paddles between clutch, accelerator and brake and mappable axis.

Mine was set to option 3 as in Sport this made them left and right on the MFD. I didn’t change the settings tonight. I tried charging the MFD, turning the 2 rotaries and rotating the funky switch, nothing. In 7, the MFD is controlled by the 2 red up/down switches, which I find awkward as I have to move my hand to reach them, so switched back to the GT rim

Ahh that’s a shame, thanks for trying tho - I guess it saves me a purchase, I wonder if Fanatec will release a more premium GT like wheel with some compatibility as the Logitech is looking to be a much better wheel for GT7 in all the reviews coming out…. Im not too tied into the Fanatec ecosystem yet and could likely move on my DD pro and get the Logitech setup and some cash….

4 hours ago, Corranga said:

In 7, the MFD is controlled by the 2 red up/down switches,

oh! thanks that's some great info, i thought i tried all the buttons but clearly not, i've been using a separate pad to change those!