IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

47 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Hmmm, nothing striking any chords there either. It had this kind of form factor, but different (in the same way an F3 car is different to F1 if you know what I mean):

5A50AA32-C2B0-4C41-A2DA-B202C9D1FC44.jpeg

Ok, feel like I’m helping de-rail the thread.. but last guesses. An Ultima? Or a Praga?

2 hours ago, Darwock said:

Yeah it was nothing like that. It actually looked like a straight up race car, covered monocoque and all that. Dark blue. Body panels looked low-tech though, not carbon fibre. I’ve had a look at the Tommy Kaira’s on google and don’t see anything very similar.

13 minutes ago, spatular said:

Radical?

Yeah money on a radical, loads them around heading to track days!

I have seen a replica Jordan F1 style car just tooting along a Glasgow street the other week, I never got to see if he had mud guards or not as I think that's a requirement for road legal status. 

Quite the sight 

Watching the GT7 World Series live showdown event and they had to red flag it for lag. Lag on a LAN server. 
 This is after them unveiling a Christian Dior car livery and race suit and helmet. 
🥴

Actually once it got going it was very, very good racing.
The hour of padding on the live broadcast while they were fixing it was horrendous, not helped by them not actually saying what was going on.

Proved that GT7 is still not reliable enough for esports and hopefully will make them sort it out rather than piss about with music rally and such like. 

I don’t really understand why they didn’t just cut and paste what they had from GT sport for the online infrastructure. There’s nothing radically different about how GT7 does it, is there?

17 hours ago, Darwock said:

I don’t really understand why they didn’t just cut and paste what they had from GT sport for the online infrastructure. There’s nothing radically different about how GT7 does it, is there?

I think they would have if they could have. When I played Sport on PS5 it was a running joke that online you could always get out the pits into a qualifying session first as it synchronised quicker than PS4.

Seems when they decided late in development to make back compatible they weren’t able to implement the online properly. In Sport mode PS4 and PS5 are separated in GT7, and loads of lobby settings were missing at launch, and are only now being drip fed in.

This is a guess, but I bet it’s a factor of more detailed graphics and physics model, dynamic time and weather online, and how they get it to work across generations. 
 4 months from launch they’ve not cracked it, and I wonder if they ever will. 

The World tour live showdown events this past weekend at Red Bull Ring we’re interesting. Saturday night for the Manufacturers Race they had lag and then a crash on the LAN server..and the weird ChristianDior collaboration reveal. It was all very terrible.

Sunday night I watched the Nations Cup race with dread but it turned out to be really good. The Sophy AI reveal was great and the presenters all seemed a lot more relaxed. 
 Most importantly the actual main race ( from about 1:39 in the video) was excellent and a real spectacle. If Saturday’s debacle showed why the FIA were right and that this game isn’t Esports ready, this showed it’s full potential. Great race, great drama, great spectacle, good production values it had it all

Just been watching some nations cup and the actual race is very good but then I was thinking why aren’t I playing the game…

Back to the TT, I’m on a .15 flat now and at least 3/4 sec with a clean set of sectors - poss a high .13 is viable but I still struggle like hell with this track/ car combo! I can drop almost a second in one corner and it’s various corners I can do it in… I think it’s the lack of brake markers I can rely on. Having studied @Junker time in as quick in first sector, almost the same on best middle sector but drop a big amount on the last sector - how people are 3 sec quicker than your lap is a mystery! 👽🛸

4 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Just been watching some nations cup and the actual race is very good but then I was thinking why aren’t I playing the game…

Back to the TT, I’m on a .15 flat now and at least 3/4 sec with a clean set of sectors - poss a high .13 is viable but I still struggle like hell with this track/ car combo! I can drop almost a second in one corner and it’s various corners I can do it in… I think it’s the lack of brake markers I can rely on. Having studied @Junker time in as quick in first sector, almost the same on best middle sector but drop a big amount on the last sector - how people are 3 sec quicker than your lap is a mystery! 👽🛸

Last sector I think is down to the last sequence of 2 turns. Over the sausage on the left down to 2nd to get it slowed and turned, stay out wide left and into 3rd then patiently wait till you can straight line the last right onto the straight. You can feel the wheelspin end when the diff locks, reducing the time it’s slipping might feel you’re slow on the gas but it makes all the difference in the run to the line. 

I had a late ish session last night, my Bathurst Daily race A time was good enough for 555th but I dare say most players in here will piss past that. Same can be said for the ill handling mx5 at Autopolis where I suspect Junker has trumped me already.

2 hours ago, marsh said:

I had a late ish session last night, my Bathurst Daily race A time was good enough for 555th but I dare say most players in here will piss past that. Same can be said for the ill handling mx5 at Autopolis where I suspect Junker has trumped me already.

Both cracking tracks for daily races but wtf is up with the MX5 in this game!? it’s like they went for fairy liquid spec on the tyres! I remember the Elise being the same and nothing like the on rails (if you weren’t stupid) beast I took round a track!

14 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Both cracking tracks for daily races but wtf is up with the MX5 in this game!? it’s like they went for fairy liquid spec on the tyres! I remember the Elise being the same and nothing like the on rails (if you weren’t stupid) beast I took round a track!

I'm not sure sticking it on Sports Hard helps it, there have been a few times where I've struggled to get the damn thing pointing in the right direction, and that's not unusual...

29 minutes ago, marsh said:

I'm not sure sticking it on Sports Hard helps it, there have been a few times where I've struggled to get the damn thing pointing in the right direction, and that's not unusual...

Yeah hard tyres is mental but I guess it livens up the drift fest racing!!

Ive had a las min go on the TT, pushing the time as need to be in work shortly but ive dipped into gold with a scrappy lap that will no doubt be knocked out of gold before the end…

spacer.png

I know its desperately sad but if anyone fancies putting their sector times up for the TT id like to see them 🤓 pretty sure I'm dropping a second on the last corner….

5 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Yeah hard tyres is mental but I guess it livens up the drift fest racing!!

Ive had a las min go on the TT, pushing the time as need to be in work shortly but ive dipped into gold with a scrappy lap that will no doubt be knocked out of gold before the end…

spacer.png

I know its desperately sad but if anyone fancies putting their sector times up for the TT id like to see them 🤓 pretty sure I'm dropping a second on the last corner….

@Junker and @mexos are your men for that. I may dip in again later, but not to trouble them, just bolster some coin.

21 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I know its desperately sad but if anyone fancies putting their sector times up for the TT id like to see them 🤓

I watched the replay of Junkers lap and noted them down, but since chucked the paper (and of course he’s gone quicker since). I was easily 3 or 4 tenths quicker in sector 1 consistently (which I presume is where he made some time), I was loosing so much time in the last 2 corners, couldn’t figure out what felt quick vs what was actually quick!

Like you,  my optimum was an upper/mid .13

My fastest was a low-ish .14 I think, but in the session of about 20 laps, didn’t include any of my fastest sector times 😂

3 hours ago, Corranga said:

I watched the replay of Junkers lap and noted them down, but since chucked the paper (and of course he’s gone quicker since). I was easily 3 or 4 tenths quicker in sector 1 consistently (which I presume is where he made some time), I was loosing so much time in the last 2 corners, couldn’t figure out what felt quick vs what was actually quick!

Like you,  my optimum was an upper/mid .13

My fastest was a low-ish .14 I think, but in the session of about 20 laps, didn’t include any of my fastest sector times 😂

Likewise, I think i was up sector 1, similar sector 2 and in a different time zone sector 3! I did sneak into gold tho and pleased with that as I had failed to put a lap together until a pre work 3 lap stint! This weeks one seems decent too, not had a go yet as having some fun doing some MX5 quali laps - thats a lot of fun.

The Nissan Silhouette at RBR is pretty good, it’s a short track, but there is a lot of time to be lost in not getting on the throttle early enough, or by pushing too much and spinning. I expect times will be closer for this than the Honda was, and it’ll become a frustrating limit pushing / time penalty endurance.

My time was gold last night, but I don’t think that’ll last too long

3 hours ago, Corranga said:

The Nissan Silhouette at RBR is pretty good, it’s a short track, but there is a lot of time to be lost in not getting on the throttle early enough, or by pushing too much and spinning. I expect times will be closer for this than the Honda was, and it’ll become a frustrating limit pushing / time penalty endurance.

My time was gold last night, but I don’t think that’ll last too long

Yes, I had a go with this on the pad last night, a second off gold so it's down to the wheel...

39 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Youve changed :sherlock:

No, the game has. I used to be able to match or better my wheel times on gt sport with a pad, now the wheel is by far and away quicker, I also think the loadcell has helped.

On 02/08/2022 at 18:26, marsh said:

Thanks for this. I can't just sit there and let someone do a time like that on Bathurst.

Took me quite a while to get near it. Bit confused that the McLaren was the meta car for it as well but in the end, I did sneak past you! I obviously only mention it now as I *think* it's too late for you to beat it? 

Bloody love Bathurst

7 hours ago, Varnsen said:

Thanks for this. I can't just sit there and let someone do a time like that on Bathurst.

Took me quite a while to get near it. Bit confused that the McLaren was the meta car for it as well but in the end, I did sneak past you! I obviously only mention it now as I *think* it's too late for you to beat it? 

Bloody love Bathurst

:hat:

I did look at buying the McLaren and thought it was money pissed straight up the wall along with any other cars sitting in the top ten, in a "I'll never use that for as long as I've got a hole in my arse'

Loving the TT again this week and this morning I had an hour with my new loadcell pedal - game changer that and immediately faster and able to trailbrake properly.. frustratingly my best lap had zero fastest sectors and was actually a lap where I just calmed down a bit after several laps binning it or getting penalty’s for track limits so I think I could drop into the 1:27 window and imagine a few on here have that in them too.

spacer.png

Hoping that will stay as a gold time tho as may not get another sesh due to work and a few days away.

Decided to finish off the last stragglers in the single player game. Easy enough apart from Tokyo 600 in the rain (fuck that guy) but got it in the end. 

Last race to finish the lot and it would be all done - the Mini Clubman cup at Goodwood. Easy enough huh? Nope, it's impossible? Why? I engine swapped my Mini and I can't get it below the 350pp limit and it's not on sale in the used car lot. :facepalm:

:hmm:

2 hours ago, Junker said:

Too hot to play this…. Shame as I was up for doing Nations/Manufacturers/ Gazoo cup this weekend, and trying to beat @mexos ‘s cheeky RBR time.  

Haha. I really didn’t get on with that bloody car. I always seem to lose bags of time just changing gear at the wrong point.

Just managed to dip into the 1:27 and much closer to my potential best…

spacer.png

As @mexos notes the gear change can have a huge effect with 2nd into 3r and 3rd into 4th needing to be early but 4th into 5th long! While im not a huge fan of the car it is good to be on some tyres with some grip this week!