IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

1 hour ago, marsh said:

Do the stuff mentioned above, picked a second up just by being in the chat with Junker last night.

I have been as obv I went back on - I love this damn game!

So im a 2:15:2 now but that had zero fastest sectors for the session, adding them up gives me a 2:14:4 and I think short of me learning something big and new from the aliens thats about my best possible time - just need to put it together now…

Mind, there is at least a second to be gained with a decent wheel - I hate the Fanatec GT wheel with a passion now so surely it must be making me slower ;) but on a serious note anyone buying the Fanatec DD pro… dont bother with the GT7 wheel and get a good one instead!

Interesting article by Monday Night Racing Club regular Jon Noble. 

https://www.motorsport.com/gaming/news/fia-clarifies-gran-turismo-relationship-and-future/10342126/

pretty much confirmed FIA and Polyphony Digital knew GT7 was on online mess so paused their relationship while they sorted it out. Good news is that the door is open for a return to proper FIA partnership so that should mean we get a more stable online experience sometime

4 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Mind, there is at least a second to be gained with a decent wheel - I hate the Fanatec GT wheel with a passion now so surely it must be making me slower ;) but on a serious note anyone buying the Fanatec DD pro… dont bother with the GT7 wheel and get a good one instead!

What don’t you like about it? 

I like the smaller diameter and the GT sticks that allow quick changing of settings. I rarely use my McLaren or P1 rim

14 minutes ago, Corranga said:

What don’t you like about it? 

I like the smaller diameter and the GT sticks that allow quick changing of settings. I rarely use my McLaren or P1 rim

I dont like that its smaller - I always found my old wheel was about as small as I wanted to go. Im also not a fan of the paddles, the material of them and the rubber finish and while the individual switches are nice to have they are hit and miss when selecting and I always seem to end up making a change I dont want to do  - for example if im running fuel 1 you can’t just press sideways on the green stick to bring the menu up, you have to press up or down and I always press up and change the mapping so have to change it back and by then ive usually crashed….

I think if they did a slightly bigger wheel with less bulk, better switches + shifters + wheel material it would be great. Seems an own goal to not have a clubsport version of it.

5 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I have been as obv I went back on - I love this damn game!

So im a 2:15:2 now but that had zero fastest sectors for the session, adding them up gives me a 2:14:4 and I think short of me learning something big and new from the aliens thats about my best possible time - just need to put it together now…

Same as Corranga, I like the GT rim quite a lot! Don’t use the McLaren rim much as a result which surprised me 

Sooo… the Honda Civic Type R time trial. I had a few laps after MNRC and got a 2:14.4.
2:14.9 gets you a gold as of now so my 2:14.8 ghost might still be worth chasing. 
 I feel like someone on here will dip into the 2:13s soon and then it’s really serious…

10 hours ago, Varnsen said:

Same as Corranga, I like the GT rim quite a lot! Don’t use the McLaren rim much as a result which surprised me 

Well if anyone is selling a McLaren wheel then let me know, im going to probably order that one and one of the GT wheels to see what I like.

9 hours ago, Junker said:

Sooo… the Honda Civic Type R time trial. I had a few laps after MNRC and got a 2:14.4.
2:14.9 gets you a gold as of now so my 2:14.8 ghost might still be worth chasing. 
 I feel like someone on here will dip into the 2:13s soon and then it’s really serious…

Is the 2:14:4 uploaded? Im convinced there is a huge amount of time to be gained but I struggle with braking points so never seem to have the same lap! 

This looks quite interesting.  Apparently, GT7 does send out telemetry data over the network they just haven't told anyone about it.  Some clever bod has figured out how to consume it:

It's a bit limited with the data being broadcast, but looks interesting at least.

6 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Well if anyone is selling a McLaren wheel then let me know, im going to probably order that one and one of the GT wheels to see what I like.

Is the 2:14:4 uploaded? Im convinced there is a huge amount of time to be gained but I struggle with braking points so never seem to have the same lap! 

No but I can do later as I think I saved it

Already being discussed in the MNRC chat, but the latest patch notes are continuing to be promising:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_3942234.html

More improvements to lobbies, but not just re-introducing Sport stuff, also improving it.

The ability to save and load lobby settings was in Sport, but 50 configs is new when Sport had a silly limitation of.. 8 or 10

More importantly, purchasing tyres from lobbies (along with power restrictors and ballast)!  

This one has me intrigued and puzzles, not sure what it means:

When using ‘Rival Selection’ > ‘Select from Garage’ in ‘Rival Settings’, if the car saved in the race settings no longer exists in the Garage, it wil be replaced by the car the player is currently driving.

2 minutes ago, Corranga said:

his one has me intrigued and puzzles, not sure what it means:

When using ‘Rival Selection’ > ‘Select from Garage’ in ‘Rival Settings’, if the car saved in the race settings no longer exists in the Garage, it wil be replaced by the car the player is currently driving.

Ooh. Suggests you’ll be able to dispose of some of those Honda Rally cars you racked up during the menu glitch :) 

15 hours ago, Junker said:

Well I’m not sharing now as @mexos has gone and pipped me by about 0.05 so I need to do a better one.

:eyebrows:

I am understanding them more but N class cars can still get in the sea. Every last one of them. Not just in the game mind. I'd happily see all road cars crushed and disposed of. Then the only cars on the planet are racing cars. It would be beautiful. Comfort and sports tyres wouldn't exist. :blah:

4 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

I still think having to buy tyres at all is stupid. But if we're stuck with it, at least now it's going to be fewer steps. 

Part of me wishes they'd gone the whole hog.  

You can buy a 195/50/R18 Racing Soft and fit them to your 5 stud pattern wheels, and therefore any car with a 5 stud pattern that can take an 18 inch.  If that means it handles like a boat, or rubs on the bumper, whatever ;)  If your change your rims, you need to pay for a tyre swap.

Realistically, even just having you have to buy 1 set per size could make sense.

But on the whole, you're right, it's stupid and just a needless hidden cost and complication that negatively effects the racing, which is what it's all about.

6 hours ago, mexos said:

:eyebrows:

I am understanding them more but N class cars can still get in the sea. Every last one of them. Not just in the game mind. I'd happily see all road cars crushed and disposed of. Then the only cars on the planet are racing cars. It would be beautiful. Comfort and sports tyres wouldn't exist. :blah:

But what if your road car is kind of race car? even if you do all hate civics....

Speaking of absurd road-'legal' race cars, here's someone with a Porsche 917: 

https://petrolicious.com/articles/catching-up-with-the-road-legal-917-in-monaco

image.thumb.png.ba0201a79b655d9afe10f1fb085e0eb7.png

"I know the story of how hard it was for Count Rossi to get his example road legal in the ’70s (which paved the way for this car to earn its plates), but Claudio didn’t have to make any material changes to the car. Apparently, the Rossi car’s paperwork set the precedent for 917s to be road-registered… but only in Monaco, or perhaps some county in Florida. A friend of Claudio’s has even managed to get an F1 car from the ’90s road-legal, so the 917 is only the second most outrageous car to see trundle past a Monegasquen bus stop.

Carrying a spare wheel is a legal requirement, but that’s no problem as the Le Mans cars needed to carry one as well, as per the regulations, so there is a place designed in the chassis to hold one. The service van goes everywhere the car does though, and it carries the jack. The only thing Claudio needed to do was add a number plate and a few turn signals."

image.thumb.png.7abe9503bc99cf79782da718431f819f.png

I saw what appeared to be a late 90s/early 00s style of LM car driving around on the streets of Osaka earlier this year. My car chops/google skills did not go far enough to allow me to identify it, but I’m still curious. I thought it might be a Panoz or something. Are there any road legal models of that type? Or was it a ‘fake’ kit car deal?

Yeah the Panoz race cars were ok as you could say there was a function to their form, but they got a bit carried away with the road cars. Yuk. Thinking of race/road cars why aren’t Ginetta in this game? Or Morgan ( and more obviously Lotus)

0167D56D-4559-4E9E-9B7E-479BBDE3EA1D.jpeg

Yeah it was nothing like that. It actually looked like a straight up race car, covered monocoque and all that. Dark blue. Body panels looked low-tech though, not carbon fibre. I’ve had a look at the Tommy Kaira’s on google and don’t see anything very similar.

5 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Yeah it was nothing like that. It actually looked like a straight up race car, covered monocoque and all that. Dark blue. Body panels looked low-tech though, not carbon fibre. I’ve had a look at the Tommy Kaira’s on google and don’t see anything very similar.

Saleen? Or a Noble?

Hmmm, nothing striking any chords there either. It had this kind of form factor, but different (in the same way an F3 car is different to F1 if you know what I mean):

5A50AA32-C2B0-4C41-A2DA-B202C9D1FC44.jpeg