IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

2 hours ago, marsh said:

Oh and there's a patch this week, so get your grind/hack credits in...

I've got my Chevy-powered MX-5 and 911-powered VW bus... I think that'll do, given that they'll never see the light of day... :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, marsh said:

As mentioned last night, all sounds waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too complicated for me to comprehend. I'm far too easily distracted.

Tits!

The engine/4* ticket cheese ...

Super easy if you have both the Extra Cafe menus already unlocked... I had to slum it with relaunching the game till Monday when the car I needed was in the dealership, then yesterday a friend pointed out you don't need to relaunch the game. Just do one claim it, do the other claim it, rinse and repeat. That hour delay during the F1 on Sunday - remote play 4* ticket cheese all the way!

I wonder if they will solve the now broken engine economy by allowing engine swaps in many more cars and charging credits for the install. That would be the smartest way. Removing engines from people who have got them or any of the other rewards will end in tears 

3 hours ago, Fretnoise said:

Not sure what happened at Daytona - I ended up facing the wrong way in the infield on lap 1, but very possibly caused it as I had no idea there was anyone alongside me.  I think I was still trying to turn TC on for the start, failed, and was then trying to drive and get the display back to the radar, so sorry if my lack of awareness took anyone else out.  The Subaru wasn't quick enough there anyway.

@Fretnoise at Daytona I've only got my own onboard to look back at, but from my view it looks like @Batmobile tagged me from behind and it pitched me into you. 

I came off the worst out of it :lol: - before the contact it was P5 Fretnoise, P6 me, P7 Batmobile. When the cars rematerialised, Batmobile was ahead of me :D

1 hour ago, Fretnoise said:

I've got my Chevy-powered MX-5 and 911-powered VW bus... I think that'll do, given that they'll never see the light of day... :facepalm:

RX7 with 787b engine is worth the grind ;) 

1 hour ago, Quexex said:

The engine/4* ticket cheese ...

Super easy if you have both the Extra Cafe menus already unlocked... I had to slum it with relaunching the game till Monday when the car I needed was in the dealership, then yesterday a friend pointed out you don't need to relaunch the game. Just do one claim it, do the other claim it, rinse and repeat. That hour delay during the F1 on Sunday - remote play 4* ticket cheese all the way!

Ive been logging off net inbetween tickets, am i missing a trick!?

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Ive been logging off net inbetween tickets, am i missing a trick!?

You have to claim one at a time, if you do them both together then you need to restart the game. Annoying I've only just seen this the day before they likely patch it.

I watched this with sound muted, so sorry if there is some voice over stuff, but as others have said, do them 1 at a time.

You can also do the middle one (the Honda one) if you, for some reason, want a ton of NSX rally cars.

You can do the Honda one with every ticket one,

so 1 & 2 gets you a 4* ticket and a Honda

then 2 & 3 gets you a 6* engine ticket and a Honda.

You don't see the Honda being awarded, and now that I've told you all this, you won't get the comedy shock moment I did when I went to my garage, saw 30 Honda's and realised what had happened!

I'm getting all the Hondas because although I fully expect you won't be able to sell gift cars for money, I also fully expect that to be bugged on release so will be cashing in all but one Honda for 300k each :)

2 hours ago, jonathanhoey said:

@Fretnoise at Daytona I've only got my own onboard to look back at, but from my view it looks like @Batmobile tagged me from behind and it pitched me into you. 

I came off the worst out of it :lol: - before the contact it was P5 Fretnoise, P6 me, P7 Batmobile. When the cars rematerialised, Batmobile was ahead of me :D

Sorry about that, I was hopeless last night! 

I think my G29 is on its last legs, as it seemed to be cutting out whilst making right hand turns, was especially noticeable at Suzuka. 

What's considered the best step up from the G29 at the moment?

I couldn’t resist and had another go at the Escudo TT:

image.thumb.jpeg.12d59f0dd8b2863d0e09c4ef85cf7192.jpeg

I’m buzzing. Got into some sort of trance like flow state and I could just drive to within a tenth or two every lap at my absolute maximum. Addictive af. Why can’t I do that all the time?!

5 hours ago, Batmobile said:

T300 is a good option if you are not up for spending dd money. You’d end up spending more to upgraded the pedals mind. 

Having said that if you can get a DD pro I highly recommend it. 

8 hours ago, mexos said:

T300 is a good option if you are not up for spending dd money. You’d end up spending more to upgraded the pedals mind. 

Having said that if you can get a DD pro I highly recommend it. 

Cheaper to go and buy a real race car isn't it?

I can finally vouch for the T300, just get the other wheel for it and you absolutely have to get a load cell. Seems like a game changer for me at least.

9 hours ago, mexos said:

I’m buzzing. Got into some sort of trance like flow state and I could just drive to within a tenth or two every lap at my absolute maximum. Addictive af. Why can’t I do that all the time?!

That there is that thing Senna talked about at Monaco, why it can't be done all the time? I've no idea. I've had it happen a few times while racing online (Monday night was pretty close, though my heart rate monitor suggests around 60bpm and I distinctly remember telling myself to calm down during that second race) and probably an equal amount of times when I've been 3 hours into an enduro on the quad. It just doesn't happen all the time sadly. I guess the good guys can just dial into that all the time at will?

14 hours ago, Batmobile said:

Sorry about that, I was hopeless last night! 

I think my G29 is on its last legs, as it seemed to be cutting out whilst making right hand turns, was especially noticeable at Suzuka. 

The T300 is a definite step up from the G29 imo. Far less notchy and better FFB, including some vibration-type effects (front end slip) which are simply missing from the G29.

The 2-pedal set of pedals you get as standard are a bit rubbish - you’d want either the load cell or standard 3-pedal set (both of which use Hall effect sensors rather than potentiometers so no dreaded pedal flutter like with the G29)

And then you can obviously go down the rabbit hole of swappable rims… I’ve got an open-wheel formula-style one coming soon :) 

30 minutes ago, marsh said:

That there is that thing Senna talked about at Monaco, why it can't be done all the time? I've no idea. I've had it happen a few times while racing online (Monday night was pretty close, though my heart rate monitor suggests around 60bpm and I distinctly remember telling myself to calm down during that second race) and probably an equal amount of times when I've been 3 hours into an enduro on the quad. It just doesn't happen all the time sadly. I guess the good guys can just dial into that all the time at will?

It's really, really weird. It feels like everything is just far easier. TBH it feels like you are using some sort of cheat code. I'd love to be able to just switch that on at will.

Thanks for the wheel advice. 

I did look at the Fanatec DD pro, but it is currently out of stock, with no indication to when it might be back!

Does anyone have any experience with the Thrustmaster T-GT II, or would a T300 with load cell pedals be the best option?

2 hours ago, Batmobile said:

Thanks for the wheel advice. 

I did look at the Fanatec DD pro, but it is currently out of stock, with no indication to when it might be back!

Does anyone have any experience with the Thrustmaster T-GT II, or would a T300 with load cell pedals be the best option?

Just be aware that the TGT is not a DD, it's still gears, old tech but it's pretty much DD money.

If I was in your situation I'd pick up a cheap / second hand T300 or even T150 (same but FFB isn't as good) if you can and use that till a time when the DD is available again. I wouldn't spend mega £££ on a non DD setup.

Ask Pim in the PS MNRC thread about his TGT, I think he liked it up to the point it literally burst into flames. 👀

There *may* be some good eBay deals around of people flogging their CSL Elite's after getting DDs. Could be worth a hunt. Just be aware it's now a discontinued product.

Man this game is equally amazing and utterly bollocks in Sport mode - ive done a several races today and every time taken out with no penalty to the offenders, race ruined and DR drop for me FFS.

I was having an amazing race in the vid, brilliant fight through the field from 11th and a great 2 lap battle with the guy ahead until I binned it - so here we are, recovery drive to get past these two who im much faster than….I was pretty cautious given how often they were going off ahead and wanted some clean passes.

I did get a win earlier, not sure how tbh as I led from pole but binned it near the end and got a penalty so crossed the line second, assume the other person had some mega penalties but I’ll take it!

So with my DR back on the up and a really good race under my belt I was relieved that you can have a decent race so had another one - Lets just say it made the above video look clean 🤬

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Just be aware that the TGT is not a DD, it's still gears, old tech but it's pretty much DD money.

If I was in your situation I'd pick up a cheap / second hand T300 or even T150 (same but FFB isn't as good) if you can and use that till a time when the DD is available again. I wouldn't spend mega £££ on a non DD setup.

Ask Pim in the PS MNRC thread about his TGT, I think he liked it up to the point it literally burst into flames. 👀

There *may* be some good eBay deals around of people flogging their CSL Elite's after getting DDs. Could be worth a hunt. Just be aware it's now a discontinued product.

Skip the T150, the T300 is a far superior product. 

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Cheers for the info Mexos, 

Think I will do as you suggest and try picking up a second hand T300, to tide me over until the DD is  more readily available.

I recall the talk on the PS chat about Pims wheel, if I remember correctly, it wasn't even in use when it burnt out either!!

9 minutes ago, Batmobile said:

Think I will do as you suggest and try picking up a second hand T300, to tide me over until the DD is  more readily available.

I recall the talk on the PS chat about Pims wheel, if I remember correctly, it wasn't even in use when it burnt out either!!

FYI I was really lucky and managed to get a T300 (from a fellow 'mukker) for £160 and the loadcell pedals for £100 from a certain MNRC'er, so just a few quid more than I originally spent on the G29.

1 hour ago, Batmobile said:

Where about are you? I have a few saved Facebook marketplace searches for racing kit and there is a decent T300 bundle with the loadcell brake kit, GT wheel and open wheel in Norwich at the moment.

I had ‘one more go’ on the daily B race and had possibly the best race I’ve had online in years, quali 4th and finished 2nd by 0.153 sec but it was more that the racing was clean and intense - three of us made a little break away and where all over each other to the point we all made the same braking mistake and got a 0.5 sec penalty bringing in another 3 cars for the closing laps and again it was just brilliant racing with no idiots bashing into each other or blocking passes. If only it was always like this or the penalty system was such that it encouraged decent close racing.

I guess its more like the MNRC vibe I need, work permitting I may be able to make this coming Monday….

9 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Where about are you? I have a few saved Facebook marketplace searches for racing kit and there is a decent T300 bundle with the loadcell brake kit, GT wheel and open wheel in Norwich at the moment.

I am in Birmingham, so might be a bit too far, but thanks anyway.  Found a few on ebay that I might try  bidding on, wheel only, so then I have an excuse to get some load cell pedals :) 

4 minutes ago, Batmobile said:

I am in Birmingham, so might be a bit too far, but thanks anyway.  Found a few on ebay that I might try  bidding on, wheel only, so then I have an excuse to get some load cell pedals :) 

I've still got the 2 pedal set hanging about that would be good enough to tide you over till a loadcell pops up.

(Edit: Thrustmaster)

@Batmobile I’ve got T300 as well. Quite a bit better than the t-150 than I had before. When I say better- it’s just a lot nicer to use. 
 I was looking for a DD pro but you can’t get them for love nor money right now. I spoke to someone at Fanatec and they basically said they’ve no idea when they’ll be on sale again, so I’ve given up on that.

16 hours ago, Batmobile said:

The DD Pro 8nm is actually available outside of the bundles so you could buy a base, pedals and wheel (just not the GT wheel - im honestly not a huge fan of the GT wheel) separately .

Having started on the 5nm and upgraded to the 8nm as annoying as the extra money is id say its essential - not for the power as such but it makes all the FFB detail much better (a console issue with weaker FFB im told) and I want the McLaren wheel to replace the GT one, same with the loadcell as ive had them in the past and id say again essential but not in the bundle. Obv im lucky to have got one when I did but with hindsight I would order a different setup to the GT bundle!