IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

15 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I've stopped playing it - not that I'm a world champion or anything - getting 16,000CR for winning a race in Sports mode is pitiful and I've barely made it out of the half a million credits bracket since completing the initial café books.

The x3 new café books introduced in the last update require me to spend just about all of those credits to compete in them as I don't have the cars.

As a car collection game this is a failure. As for the daily rewards roulette thing - that is a fucking joke - yay I've won another piston part for a Honda.

Fair enough. I’m imagine loads of people have had enough. If you want credits though, I’d suggest the circuit experiences. You get loads of credits for them. Can bag over a million with 15 minutes work on the simpler ones 

3 minutes ago, Junker said:

Fair enough. I’m imagine loads of people have had enough. If you want credits though, I’d suggest the circuit experiences. You get loads of credits for them. Can bag over a million with 15 minutes work on the simpler ones 

Yeah maybe I need to rinse those a bit 😀

4 hours ago, englishbob said:

I've stopped playing it - not that I'm a world champion or anything - getting 16,000CR for winning a race in Sports mode is pitiful and I've barely made it out of the half a million credits bracket since completing the initial café books.

The x3 new café books introduced in the last update require me to spend just about all of those credits to compete in them as I don't have the cars.

As a car collection game this is a failure. As for the daily rewards roulette thing - that is a fucking joke - yay I've won another piston part for a Honda.

To be fair you have GT Sport players to blame for this…. did you know 84% of GT Sport players never played a single online race :o I didnt until I saw a video but its easy to see why they dialled back on the online stuff - shame for us but clearly the vast majority have no interest in it.

The game is clearly geared for SP and its fairly straight forward to make lots of money from races and the circuit experiences as below

4 hours ago, Junker said:

12 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

The game is clearly geared for SP and its fairly straight forward to make lots of money from races and the circuit experiences as below

I don't necessarily not believe this, as I've basically ignored the entire franchise up until about a month ago, but this seems crazy to read to me. The single player stuff seems so dull. The AI is either so slow you feel like you're avoiding them rather than racing them, or they're rubber banding themselves all over the place. The most enjoyable stuff in single player for me has been the license missions and just general time chasing, rather than the main cafe mode. The latter of which I'm slowly trying to force myself through for the cars and unlocking the tracks.

14 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

To be fair you have GT Sport players to blame for this…. did you know 84% of GT Sport players never played a single online race :o I didnt until I saw a video but its easy to see why they dialled back on the online stuff - shame for us but clearly the vast majority have no interest in it.

That's no reason to fuck over online racers with shitty prize money though 

15 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

did you know 84% of GT Sport players never played a single online race :o

This works both ways. I've not touched sport in 7 BECAUSE I know it's a mess. If it was sorted it would be very different.

2 hours ago, englishbob said:

That's no reason to fuck over online racers with shitty prize money though 

Im not saying it is, its just their logic - no one plays it so why reward for it I guess!?

44 minutes ago, mexos said:

This works both ways. I've not touched sport in 7 BECAUSE I know it's a mess. If it was sorted it would be very different.

It was very sorted in GT Sport and no one played it - not defending it but its obv where PD are putting their eggs due to prev game metrics.

59 minutes ago, mexos said:

I still like the fact they are calling the daily races, when in fact they are weekly!

Maybe as a % of players GT Sport MP is low but I always thought it was one of the more popular MP racing games, I never struggled to find populated races but I also haven’t played it seriously for a few years.

Also, I expect the MP/SP ratio tailed off during the life of the game, as it went into sales etc. and those people picking it up cheap didn’t play it much and we’re mostly interested in the SP. Anybody interested in the MP probably bought it close to release as it gained a very good reputation quickly.

Who knows what they’re doing with GT7 but I wouldn’t read much into the state of it as the whole game was a bit half baked and they’re just playing catch-up.

3 hours ago, mexos said:

They’re not though. They’re really good.
I do agree with @englishbob that the rewards in terms of credits should be higher.
They are better than lobbies ( but for a shitty reason) as PS4/PS5 are split.

Deffo could do with a bit more consistent variety but to be fair it’s changed as in the past few weeks we’ve had oval racing, rally cars on comfort tyres, a rally stage. This week race B and C have tyres/fuel multipliers, and race A is a 450pp limit - the leaderboard is full of wildly different cars.

Sport mode seems pretty cool to me. It's great that you can hop on and be in a race within 5-10 mins. Only gripe has been the penalty system, but I figure that every mp racing game struggles with that.

It would make a huge difference if they'd give you a rear mirror in every camera angle, or at least some other tools to help awareness of what's going on around you. People just dive up the inside of me and I kinda have no clue they're there until they hit me.

31 minutes ago, John0 said:

Sport mode seems pretty cool to me. It's great that you can hop on and be in a race within 5-10 mins. Only gripe has been the penalty system, but I figure that every mp racing game struggles with that.

It would make a huge difference if they'd give you a rear mirror in every camera angle, or at least some other tools to help awareness of what's going on around you. People just dive up the inside of me and I kinda have no clue they're there until they hit me.

Do you use the radar?

6 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Do you use the radar?

I do yeah. It's kinda hard to look bottom right and at my apex at the same time though :). And a shame you can't have that and other stuff (ie fuel) at the same time. But yeah it's better than nothing.

New cars this week and I suppose we have to cross our fingers and toes and guess whether any lobby improvements or anything come with it? 
 The Pikes Peak Suzuki Escudo is one of them. Does this mean Pikes Peak will appear in the game as well? 

Spoiler

Probably not. 

Enjoyed tonight. But my god, the online element, best described as a good mate that you used to go down the pub, and get as pissed as a fart with. Like properly shitfaced, where you wake up in the morning and have no idea what happened.

I mean what the juddering fuck was going on in that last spa race? Everyone was first, in the pits, with eduardo, drunk.

Be amazing when, if, they fix it. 

What exactly is wrong with online? I don’t have the game but I’ve watched SuperGT streaming races and it doesn’t look any different from how GT Sport was. I don’t understand what’s so bad that Valerio Gallo would be going on hiatus?

For me the fact that you can’t change any settings or choose a new track in a lobby is the most baffling omission. You have to close down the room, set up a completely new one and everybody needs to join again if you want so much as a single change, every time. Such a stupendous oversight. 

I’ve heard that custom lobbies are messed up but he’s complaining about the e-sports side, which means the nations and manufacturers stuff. From what I’ve seen it’s not much different.

Does the FIA binning this off over assetto corsa for the worlds send out enough of a damming message?

It's janky. Cars appearing all over the place, players unable to join lobbies for god knows what reasons, the mentioned adjustments to a lobby where you all get booted out for a single change, cars skipping about on track, cars not being visable to other players. The list is endless.

I'm doing a Pim and not been touching this until the lobbies/online QOL gets sorted but the ACC FIA thing is definitely unrelated. There's been no FIA association with GT since before 7 came out so this has clearly been a behind the scenes thing for some time. It's just unfortunate timing for PD when some high profile players have binned it off and the moaning from players who do mainly wanna play this online has become more vocal. 

SuperGT's complaints are more about the fact the Sport mode races aren't setup very well. Rolling starts on a 5 lap race where if he starts in 4th, depending on the track he'll be 10 seconds off the lead by the 2nd corner. The penalty system etc etc. All the usual but the fact is it's not moved on from Sport and indeed feels worse as a result. Also just variety of events, the BOP, tuning exploits, it's messy and unrewarding and so on.

Obviously, when it's good, it's really good and that is possibly what's making people more frustrated. 

I had a long rant post written up about how my MX-5 race was ruined  "influenced" by a number of trips to the gravel that weren't altogether my fault, but I thought I'd just watch through the replay before hitting "Submit" and saw that it was basically a shambles for everyone, so, erm... glad I watched the replay, and I'm not posting that :)

Rallying was great - really enjoyed tussling with @McSpeed for a couple of laps.

43711BB9-0499-41E6-84C5-076F976BA939.thumb.jpeg.b61ad0a30936e3872d62567c617cb46c.jpeg

MX-5 qualifying / practice was pretty good too - I was trading tenths with @TheRallyBart for a few laps - the driving model really suits those slightly slippy tyres and the undulations at Brands Hatch.

The race was essentially a 30 minute solo time trial for me... ho hum.  It looked lovely as we got towards sunset though, so that's a plus.  I think we do need to be wary of re-joining the track after an off now that the game doesn't ghost you so much.  After an eventful opening 4 laps, I settled in to do a no-stopper, hoping that some of the midfielders would need to stop, but I was more than a pitstop behind the next guy, so it really was a lonely half hour... oh well, together we rise and all that nonsense.

9A0F6C5C-CD61-4A83-968D-906D84014615.thumb.jpeg.b13d681469a825ba25e837ae708f5123.jpeg

Gr1s at Spa looked amazing as well, but the race was just a farce.  My game was convinced I was 3rd, despite also showing me that at least 6 or 7 of you had got to the chequered flag before me...

But then, dammit, Daily Race A is cool - PP450 cars on Comfort Softs, with loads of variety in the races, even if the leaderboards are full of Atenzas.  Race B is pretty good fun too as fuel is a minor factor - the Gr4 Supra can do it without stopping but you do need to watch the fuel just slightly.  I managed to eke out a 3rd place by running out of fuel just as I came out of the busstop on the last lap - tense stuff.  But then I hit the stupid bug where the game thinks my Daily A time is also my Daily C time, so it won't submit any qualifying times at all for me as I'm about 20 seconds quicker in A than I would be in C.  Come on game! :facepalm:

I wonder if the dailies are better than private lobbies because PS4 and PS5 players are segregated?  Maybe we should do a test race like that next week?

In summary... Stupid game / Great game.  If they could just get it back up to where GTS was it'd be amazing :(

6 hours ago, Varnsen said:

SuperGT's complaints are more about the fact the Sport mode races aren't setup very well. Rolling starts on a 5 lap race where if he starts in 4th, depending on the track he'll be 10 seconds off the lead by the 2nd corner. All the usual but the fact is it's not moved on from Sport and indeed feels worse as a result. Also just variety of events, the BOP, tuning exploits, it's messy and unrewarding and so on.

This week is a great example of this issue, start 7th or lower at Spa and you start in the Bus Stop. I didn't set a time for my first race so I was at the back of the grid, I was still in the Bus Stop whilst the leaders where going through La Source, kills the race before you even start.

The variety is a real annoyance, feels like Brazil, Austria, Suzuka and Spa are on rotation for Gr.3 and little mixing it up with weather and laps. Then instead of adding a daily race without DR/SR as I thought they would they've just changed Race A, so if like me trying to improve DR is a driving factor it's one less race.

Still enjoying it, I just wish there was more choice.

In more positive news I got a BMW Z4 GT3 engine swap for my roulette today, which I could drop into an M3 '03. The M3 is ridiculous now, well in a straight line, far too much power for the chassis in the corners but still fun to drive. Was only a couple of second slower than a Gr.3 911 around Monza.

I’m a bit of a broken record on this but dailies and “sport” stuff are decent atm. Daily Lobbies are pretty much as good as GT Sport ever was.  I mean B And C have got tyre wear and fuel multipliers and Race A is another good fun one this week.

I’ve got 60 plus GT7 playing friends on PSN and about 4 of us have done a World Series race. I’d encourage you all to try them 

World Series races are just like the old FIA in GT Sport, and then there’s the time trial, and the Toyota cup.
Last week’s  World Series manufacturer race at Monza had low tyre and fuel multipliers but interestingly had a mandatory pit stop. Choosing the timing of this added another layer of strategy.

The one at Nurburgring racing onto the night with a random rain shower thrown in was honestly one of the most thrilling races I’ve done in this or any racing game.

I’m waiting to hear that penalty’s have been overhauled. I got sick of bumper cars in the last game so just stopped playing Sport. No point in racing imo if it’s just dirty af. 

9 hours ago, Junker said:

I’m a bit of a broken record on this but dailies and “sport” stuff are decent atm. Daily Lobbies are pretty much as good as GT Sport ever was.  I mean B And C have got tyre wear and fuel multipliers and Race A is another good fun one this week.

I’ve got 60 plus GT7 playing friends on PSN and about 4 of us have done a World Series race. I’d encourage you all to try them 

World Series races are just like the old FIA in GT Sport, and then there’s the time trial, and the Toyota cup.
Last week’s  World Series manufacturer race at Monza had low tyre and fuel multipliers but interestingly had a mandatory pit stop. Choosing the timing of this added another layer of strategy.

The one at Nurburgring racing onto the night with a random rain shower thrown in was honestly one of the most thrilling races I’ve done in this or any racing game.

I mean fair enough, I was just reiterating what SuperGT had been moaning about. 

I've not done dailies for ages cos Monday Nights used to be so much more my thing. Just taking a break for a little while and hopefully those QOL changes for private lobbies will come sooner rather than later. 

On 20/06/2022 at 22:25, mexos said:

Give us no new cars for a year just sort out the damn lobbies instead.

To be fair, I imagine the car teams will be separate from the netcode/engine teams. But yes they really do need to fix the lobbies. 

1 hour ago, mexos said:

I’m waiting to hear that penalty’s have been overhauled. I got sick of bumper cars in the last game so just stopped playing Sport. No point in racing imo if it’s just dirty af. 

Give it a go - the penalty system is basically unchanged, but I've had a decent number of clean races (even in DR A where SR updates are switched off).  Lag also seems to be much better in the Sport races than we see on Monday nights.