IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

24 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Personally from sheer content and variety point of view think 6 takes some beating! Loved the tribute DLC (free) for Senna too. 

If you have access to a PS5 though just get 7 and enjoy that. For me that is the best racing game of them all. Think they have nailed a lot of things in this including it feeling fun to race in.

I do like some of the mad stuff in 6.

It's got a time trial on the moon for goodness sake! The Moon!

You can take the Alfa 155 to Le Mans and easily win your credits back. Took the easy route and ued somebody else's Tarquini BTCC livery.

If Polyphony want an easy win, slapping in some of the BTCC cars from 1995 - 1999 would do the trick. They don't even need the liveries - the community would sort that out within hours.

I DREAM of a 90s BTCC selection with a BoP to match them up! Volvo, Alfa, Primera, 323, Laguna etc…and Oulton park ( without the stupid chicane at Knickerbrook) and Knockhill to fire them round 🥰

1 hour ago, Junker said:

I DREAM of a 90s BTCC selection with a BoP to match them up! Volvo, Alfa, Primera, 323, Laguna etc…and Oulton park ( without the stupid chicane at Knickerbrook) and Knockhill to fire them round 🥰

Can we have old layout Snetterton too!?!?!

5 hours ago, JPR said:

You can take the Alfa 155 to Le Mans and easily win your credits back. Took the easy route and ued somebody else's Tarquini BTCC livery.

A5961827-4CFA-4E59-A54A-E238853AFDCA.jpeg.df99c54907bc083ded947c452162f03b.jpeg

?

23 minutes ago, Corranga said:

?

:lol: Thankfully my races didn't go that badly, even the Sports mode was clean and no touring car type contact.

Happy to finally have the Alfa and enjoying it so far, just shame the cockpit view is so dark.

14 hours ago, Junker said:

When is that toca game due? this year?

So I was doing a mission last night, specifically the 24 minutes of le mans. Now on attempt three as doing it in a GR3 subaru isn't going to work, and it transpires that even the most recent of Toyota LMP1 cars isn't going to cut it. I did manage to sneak the 7th lap like Junker and Noble had, but the last two group c cars just piss off into the sunrise. I just can't see them holding on to a set of inters when you pit on lap two as it goes dark and the rain arrives....

Maybe I'll get the wheel out, the first car home was 14 seconds down the road, and I did fill the car up at the last pitstop. Oh, and speaking of visibility, the LMP1 down the mulsane in the dark is like looking through a letterbox with some dark glasses on.

If I can just add that it's actually really hard to get to a point where you can play the PS3 games (GT5 and GT6) now.

They both had dozens of incremental patches throughout their lifespan, and if you're starting from scratch with a fresh disc install, the patching process is really arduous and prone to just breaking down completely. There are entire guides online for what order to do the patches in, when to interrupt it and turn off your Wi-Fi so it can't go any further until you intervene and make it ready to continue, and so on.

I've had to do it a few times (a couple of different PS3s, plus it failed entirely more than once and needed to be started over) and it's just a massive pain in the ass. 

14 hours ago, Junker said:

GT2 had quite a selection of BTCC cars:

At the time, I was working in the Codemasters ToCA Studio on the 3rd PSX ToCA game and there was a definite feeling that Polyphony had taken notice of us.

21 hours ago, RFT said:

GT2 had quite a selection of BTCC cars:

At the time, I was working in the Codemasters ToCA Studio on the 3rd PSX ToCA game and there was a definite feeling that Polyphony had taken notice of us.

Well I think I skipped GT2 but I definitely played TOCA 2 to death 

Toyota Gazoo cup starts tonight. Registration form is a bit of a doozy, but the races look good. First up tonight 6,7,8pm Uk time slots is Spa in the Super Formula. 1x fuel and tyres and only 8 laps of trying not to crash.

The kicker is that RS tyres plus IM and Wet are available. If it rains in will be carnage.

Oh and you can rent the car like the dailies so unless you want a fancy livery you don’t need to own one.

Ah dude hopefully you can join us one week! It’s great fun :)

Tonight was a prime example. Realised as quick as the little test race at Fuji that the Supra had the edge on the GTR.

Really enjoyed the 30-minute race at Kyoto. Wasn’t hugely quick and found the GTR curiously easy to run out of room with at the exit of corners (as @Junker found out), but thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Here is me leading @mexos, Jon N and Junker about midway, whilst the sun was hiding.

5B5E74ED-1EAE-4936-89CA-4FFE6ECE3065.thumb.jpeg.ea32ef0435666f32bd34dc17615470ce.jpeg

Two things in this race made my evening. First, Jon’s playseat part collapsed and as I caught him up I could hear him frantically trying to reassemble it in the middle of the battle above. Hearing him doing up velcro destroyed me. Proper laughter tears. Went off as a result.

The last laps of the race were amazing. I knew I couldn’t run full rich until the end, but I put myself on it anyway so I could catch Mexos, hoping he’d make a mistake. He didn’t, but he did run out of fuel metres from the line which allowed me to sneak past.

As a few of you folks know, me and Mexos raced in the RLLMUK F1 Championship between 2010 and 2013. An entire decade ago I won a race at Monza when, after an amazing battle, he ran out of fuel approaching the line. Who’d have thought all these years later it’d happen again!

1C342E89-15AC-41FF-8EE7-970C9B4154F2.thumb.jpeg.c523648c13a4cebe916c96b004d8f768.jpeg

Last race at Tokyo was good. How Junker almost won in the GTR is beyond me. Myself and @Fretnoise (pictured following me below, before passing me about a lap later) weren’t hanging around and yet we had our work cut out keeping up with @TheRallyBart and @McSpeed.

8F3B175D-401F-441A-ADAF-3AFF92D54001.thumb.jpeg.4a67283e94e12eb88bed0923f7eb0494.jpeg

Great fun, thanks everyone. See you next week!

Really enjoyed all the races last night, but the longer race especially so.  Couldn't quite believe Mr Noble came back from a mid-race equipment repair (his Playseat Challenge half un-velcro'd itself) and still pipped me for 2nd place - was sure he was at least a lap down!

Am I pushing it to ask for an even longer endurance in a couple of weeks?  Happy to stick with those cars, or just an open BoP'd Gr3 event?  Would love to do an hour at Spa 24hr, into the night.  Or Daytona.  Or N24.  If we decide on something fairly soon we can let everyone settle on a car and get the full range of tyres so that we can include some possible inclement weather too.

I'd certainly love a longer race! One of my favourite MNRC memories was the 90-minute Fuji Gr2 we did a few years back, even if we ended up in the split that had massively increased fuel and tyre wear compared to the other!

Anything over an hour long at The Ring, Spa, Daytona, Le Mans in anything between Gr4 and Gr1 would suit me down to the ground!

2 hours ago, kiroquai said:

One of my favourite MNRC memories was the 90-minute Fuji Gr2 we did a few years back

Veterans of Rllmuk racing nights may remember an epic Rally de Positano race on Forza about a decade or so ago. Still my favourite online gaming experience!

3 hours ago, kiroquai said:

One of my favourite MNRC memories was the 90-minute Fuji Gr2 we did a few years back

I remember it well - my first MNRC outing after upgrading from sofa & pad to Playseat & G29.  Someone asked how it was and I just about managed to say something like "it's great" before the sudden lack of concentration saw me spin into the barrier just after T1 - doh!

We had 22 drivers over 2 lobbies that night - stunning stuff.  @morcs found amazing pace and just ran off and hid in our (harder ;)) lobby.

More of this :)

Hehe I did get a PS5, but didn't use it so I sold it to @cavalcade, then sold my wheel and pedals 🙈

I decided it was using up too much of my life but really I've filled the time saved with just watching YouTube videos instead.

I finally ‘finished’ this today, I couldn’t be bothered to do the rally cafe races but relented, and the last GT championship was good fun - the ‘ring was a mare as I thought I remembered the track but I didnt (several times😂) and ended up with a 3rd five secs off the lead, I ended up with 3 roulette spins and of course got 10k on the first but then two cars in a row 😵that was a couple of hours ago and ive only just come round 😉

Hopefully this week I can get my room up and running properly, get the stand sorted (still not happy with the position of wheel and seat too low - huge issue I dont have an easy fix for) and then hit some online racing properly!

Love the game, best (only maybe) reason to own a PS5 IMO and really pleased I went a little silly and bought the wheel setup 😃

2 hours ago, morcs said:

Hehe I did get a PS5, but didn't use it so I sold it to @cavalcade, then sold my wheel and pedals 🙈

Oh, err, yeah - thanks for that :)

I can honestly say your wheel went to a good home where it’s getting plenty of use. I even repaired the usb lead that my puppy chewed properly, with solder and heatshrink tubing and everything.