IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

My first car was a Mk4 Astra and I'm pretty sure that's never coming to Gran Turismo 😭

It was in Metropolis Street Racer though!

I think there was an Opel Astra touring car in one of the older Gran Turismos so that might be the closest I'm ever going to get in this series.  

22 hours ago, JPR said:

Subaru BRZ GT300, Suzuki Cappuccino and '22 Subaru BRZ

The BRZ GT300 is quite nice.  Gr3 and works quite nicely without any further tuning in the new Spa 24th endurance (just remember to buy inters and maybe full wets)

On 22/04/2022 at 14:17, Fretnoise said:

@SeanR and anyone else "taking advantage" of the Tomahawk nerf, it looks like they're about to nerf the nerf, so you have until Monday to make hay:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_8283676.html

"the Performance Points (PP) requirements for some events may change with this update"

Interesting though, as you can still tweak the Tomahawk to have a lower PP and still be massively overpowered, and the PP limit is right there in the race name...

Totally missed this... not doing well at the organising players for GTFriday atm ... just so busy with working :( I'll be on again on Friday, looking to get more than two of us in a room in the hope we can pick up some randos - add me PSN ID Quexex

Are there some races later on today? I think I've got the relevant progression done now and I've not really done any MP really so would be nice to have a drive about. 

I think I'm already PS friends with quite a few of the peeps in here, I'll add you as well @Quexex just for the hell of it. 

I have noticed that I'm clearly quite shit  in comparison on the license leaderboards but I promise I won't corner by ploughing into the pack like it's daytona :P

6 minutes ago, Fretnoise said:

The BRZ GT300 is quite nice.  Gr3 and works quite nicely without any further tuning in the new Spa 24th endurance (just remember to buy inters and maybe full wets)

It felt like I needed some spiked snow tires in Spa when it started raining, no grip with full wets.

Being able to rent cars for the online is a good addition as it also includes legendary cars, so you can use it as a test drive.

1 hour ago, Quexex said:

Totally missed this... not doing well at the organising players for GTFriday atm ... just so busy with working :( I'll be on again on Friday, looking to get more than two of us in a room in the hope we can pick up some randos - add me PSN ID Quexex

A new trick that takes the Tomahawk  down to 500PP.

45 minutes ago, SteveH said:

So if you forgot to make a copy of the settings sheet before tweaking a car, there really isn't a default option to put the car back to standard?

Kind of.

You can swap parts off and on and when you put the original part back on it’ll have the default settings. But if you’ve done something irreversible, like increased the engine size or done the wide body mod, you can’t reverse it without buying a new body or engine - both of which can be more expensive than just buying a 2nd car…

"Also in Sport Mode, players can now choose to enter any race with either their own garage cars or to “rent” a vehicle for the event. That means you no longer need to own a car in order to take part, and you can even rent a different vehicle for events where you already own one of the eligible machines."

and

"There’s two changes under the hood too, one of which will come as more welcome news than the other. PD notes it has “adjusted the geometry calculations” which caused a lack of rear-end grip particularly on rear-wheel drive cars, and this should now be improved. "

in the patch today apparently this is. 

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

So if you forgot to make a copy of the settings sheet before tweaking a car, there really isn't a default option to put the car back to standard?

36 minutes ago, Fretnoise said:

Kind of.

You can swap parts off and on and when you put the original part back on it’ll have the default settings. But if you’ve done something irreversible, like increased the engine size or done the wide body mod, you can’t reverse it without buying a new body or engine - both of which can be more expensive than just buying a 2nd car…

Also, specifically on the number based settings, the original value appears in blue text rather than white text, even after you've edited a value, say, toe or something, you can move it back to the blue number.

L1 and R1 also jump through your last few edits, though to be honest, other than as an undo, I don't think that's too useful.

I recommend immediately copying / duplicating the settings prior to making any changes.

Tried the new Tomahawk, bit of a nightmare to drive, the car really wants to put you in the barrier down the straights, first corner is tricky but the twisty bits aren't too bad.

Race took 22:30 to complete, a tyre change might have helped a bit, thankfully I still got the clean race bonus.

3 hours ago, b00dles said:

Are there some races later on today? I think I've got the relevant progression done now and I've not really done any MP really so would be nice to have a drive about. 

I think I'm already PS friends with quite a few of the peeps in here, I'll add you as well @Quexex just for the hell of it. 

I have noticed that I'm clearly quite shit  in comparison on the license leaderboards but I promise I won't corner by ploughing into the pack like it's daytona :P

Monday Night Racing Club will be rolling tonight. What’s your PSN name? Add me, Fretnoise, Joe_McSpeed and Corranga and one of us will add you to the PSN party. We do voice chat so dig out your headset- with the state of the lobbies it’s the best way to know what the he’ll is going on 🙃 8pm start time (9pm CET). 

1 hour ago, Junker said:

Monday Night Racing Club will be rolling tonight. What’s your PSN name? Add me, Fretnoise, Joe_McSpeed and Corranga and one of us will add you to the PSN party. We do voice chat so dig out your headset- with the state of the lobbies it’s the best way to know what the he’ll is going on 🙃 8pm start time (9pm CET). 

Ah cheers. It's b00dlesUK, I'm friends with mcspeed already and I'll check corranga too. 

Speak to you later on!

Edit: just double checked and I don't actually have all the cars outlined in the OP like a donut. I'll get some racing in and join you next week.

Really frustrating night on the game for me, but it ended well!

Race 1 at Kyoto, panicked I had no wet tyres for the Radical. Went and got them, and as they were the last tyres I bought they were thus on the car when I left the pits to qualify… and hence also were the tyre I started the race on. Uggggghhhhh. I was quite quick when on the right tyres, but didn’t realise until the end of lap 6!

Race 2 at Bathurst, it let me connect but every time I tried to go to track the game CTD’d on me. Eventually changed car from my Merc and it worked, but I didn’t get any practice and I hate Bathurst so I left you guys to it. Here’s @marsh leading @Fretnoise early on!

256972AE-E4F4-4C04-848E-2A03DFBA348B.thumb.jpeg.f47728f691aa5d5209d582b8a63c782a.jpeg

Race 3 at Daytona - not sure, think Joe ran out of time but we got two laps in. I LOVED it. 787B under lights? Yes please. Happy to have ‘won’ 😅

10BE5E9F-362C-4B21-9473-209BF2F37DAB.thumb.jpeg.89de2ef083ddfd232ce38ff999cf3f94.jpeg

Race 4 at Maggiore in those R8 Gordinis was a total blast! @TheRallyBart ran and hid and @Junker sadly spun, but for a few laps me, Batman and Fret had a lovely little battle! Ended with Fret juuuust going over the tightrope of traction and me sneaking by Batman for 2nd. Here’s a snap from midway with us in close quarters through the quick chicane:

154FAAAE-DE23-4E41-962D-7AE2AE142CFC.thumb.jpeg.6ffb1f8dd75db469464dbf49d6580f9d.jpeg

That nutshells why, despite this game trying to stop me having fun at every turn at times tonight, I still play. One minute you are hurtling through one of America’s most storied racing amphitheaters in gloriously overpowered monsters, the next you’re gliding around a flowing ribbon of tarmac next to an Italian lake in some tiny French classics.

You just can’t get that anywhere else.

12 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Race 4 at Maggiore in those R8 Gordinis was a total blast! @TheRallyBart ran and hid and @Junker sadly spun, but for a few laps me, Batman and Fret had a lovely little battle! Ended with Fret juuuust going over the tightrope of traction and me sneaking by Batman for 2nd. Here’s a snap from midway with us in close quarters through the quick chicane:

That was a really good race - loads of fun.  I do tend to prefer those kinds of cars for our races as small mistakes are generally only met with a few tenths delay rather than flames and a trip to the virtual medical centre*.  It was particularly good through turns 1 - 4 where there were a few lines with broadly similar overall time so you could get - and stay - side by side.  More please :)

*until you push it too far and end up looking the wrong way down the track... ho hum

20 hours ago, SteveH said:

A new trick that takes the Tomahawk  down to 500PP.

19 hours ago, RFT said:

Interesting that they don;t show it actually being *driven* afterwards. 

Yep, this still works.  You now have to fit inters, and fiddle a bit more with the gears, but you end up with an even faster car (350mph at the end of the main straight at Tokyo), but you do need to pit for tyres and fuel about halfway through.  You'll still lap the field 3 or 4 times though...

And you still get the clean race bonus despite any number of crashes and penalties, and it's still roughly 20 minutes per race, so about 2.4million an hour.

So, if you really want that new 13 million credit Merc (that looks like it'll be atrocious to drive), it'll only take you about 5.5 hours of grinding :)

• Fit inters.
  • Set ECU and Power Restrictor both to 90%.
  • Set gears as follows:
    • 1st: 9.632
    • 2nd: 9.187
    • 3rd: 8.671
    • 4th: 1.410
    • 5th: 0.880
    • 6th: 0.840
    • 7th: 0.687
    • Final: 5.130

(If you had the previous nerf saved, this is just a couple of clicks change on 1st to 4th, with much less faffing about to get it spot on)

13 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Race 1 at Kyoto, panicked I had no wet tyres for the Radical. Went and got them, and as they were the last tyres I bought they were thus on the car when I left the pits to qualify… and hence also were the tyre I started the race on. Uggggghhhhh. I was quite quick when on the right tyres, but didn’t realise until the end of lap 6!

:lol: I managed to do that twice yesterday for the La Sarthe Sport race. Once after buying, then next race only changing the tyres in the race settings so it was back to wets for my third race, annoyingly I started third on the grid.

Still, the Nissan GT500 is an absolute joy to drive around La Sarthe, absolutely planted in the corners, just a shame it's got no answer to the CLK-LM on the straights. Arnage though, one day I'll get the braking point.

1 hour ago, Fretnoise said:

So, if you really want that new 13 million credit Merc (that looks like it'll be atrocious to drive), it'll only take you about 5.5 hours of grinding :)

See, I tried the Barker on the Music Rally mission it's on and... it made Willow Springs fun. Willow Springs! Figured it must be alright if if made that place good to drive!

15 minutes ago, JPR said:

:lol: I managed to do that twice yesterday for the La Sarthe Sport race. Once after buying, then next race only changing the tyres in the race settings so it was back to wets for my third race, annoyingly I started third on the grid.

Still, the Nissan GT500 is an absolute joy to drive around La Sarthe, absolutely planted in the corners, just a shame it's got no answer to the CLK-LM on the straights. Arnage though, one day I'll get the braking point.

Yeah it's an utter pain in the arse when it happens! Oh well, lesson learned :)

As for Arnage, the braking marker I always use is this middle 'Gant' board on the right side as you approach. Seems to work pretty well in whatever car you're using at the time!

image.thumb.png.3c8afe298c00cfaf61c207e83941ef2c.png

15 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

As for Arnage, the braking marker I always use is this middle 'Gant' board on the right side as you approach. Seems to work pretty well in whatever car you're using at the time!

I'll give it a go thanks, I was stuck at looking on the left for some reason. I tend to be overcautious now, lose time but better than putting it in the gravel, that's what I need to pressure the CLK drivers to do.

It's just one of those corners that seems to give me problems no matter what the game.

I did the first of the daily races yesterday (Laguna) and managed about a 1.42.  I then went to do the 3rd of the daily's (Le Mans) and it said my best was a 1.42.

Happy with that. 🤣

1 hour ago, JPR said:

I'll give it a go thanks, I was stuck at looking on the left for some reason. I tend to be overcautious now, lose time but better than putting it in the gravel, that's what I need to pressure the CLK drivers to do.

It's just one of those corners that seems to give me problems no matter what the game.

I was historically struggling on this corner as well until I did the CE for LeMans and picked pretty much the exact same marker that Kiroquai has annotated. I think I was doing what you were before, looking to the left which is really hard imo. The Gant marker is a great ref. 

1 hour ago, Parappa said:

I did the first of the daily races yesterday (Laguna) and managed about a 1.42.  I then went to do the 3rd of the daily's (Le Mans) and it said my best was a 1.42.

Happy with that. 🤣

The update didn't fix that then?  It's cool, until you realise it won't take any of your actual qualy laps as better than the one it thinks you've already set, so you effectively can't set a qualifying lap for the race so start every race from the back 😕

(Or if you do, let me know how as I'm in that position at the moment )

The Gant board marker is working thanks.

4 hours ago, Fretnoise said:

Yep, this still works.  You now have to fit inters, and fiddle a bit more with the gears, but you end up with an even faster car (350mph at the end of the main straight at Tokyo), but you do need to pit for tyres and fuel about halfway through.  You'll still lap the field 3 or 4 times though...

You can also use Sport Soft tyres, found I didn't need the second tyre change as I did with the inters. Either way it's slightly faster than the old tune for me, so good to know I still have an easy way to grind for the destined to win Le Mans cars.

1 hour ago, Fretnoise said:

The update didn't fix that then?  It's cool, until you realise it won't take any of your actual qualy laps as better than the one it thinks you've already set, so you effectively can't set a qualifying lap for the race so start every race from the back 😕

(Or if you do, let me know how as I'm in that position at the moment )

Ah yes. Works both ways I guess. Didn't realise it was broken before this patch though. That needs bloody sorting ! 

2 hours ago, JPR said:

The Gant board marker is working thanks.

You can also use Sport Soft tyres, found I didn't need the second tyre change as I did with the inters. Either way it's slightly faster than the old tune for me, so good to know I still have an easy way to grind for the destined to win Le Mans cars.

inters count as race tyres, but sports don’t. 

just saying.

:eyebrows: