IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

3 minutes ago, Junker said:

It mentions the patch in April will allow cars to be sold.

Important- it doesn't say that.

The "Selling cars" thing is in the "near term" list of changes with no expected date, not the "start of april" changes.

1 minute ago, RFT said:

Important- it doesn't say that.

The "Selling cars" thing is in the "near term" list of changes with no expected date, not the "start of april" changes.

Ok but still..

On 17/03/2022 at 20:55, mexos said:

I wonder if they are not only going to backpedal on the changes to PP but maybe even go the other way and make it more generous. Maybe even release one of those classic corporate ‘we made a mistake’ statements. 

:coffee:

7 minutes ago, Junker said:

Ok but still..

Oh yeah, it;s still good, but just don;t go counting the credits based on clearing out the chaff from your garage just yet. it might be a while.

But overall this is a very positive update, and a major turnaround form a week ago. enough to get me off the fence and looking at PSN credit to buy in (on PS4)

I think in part there may have been pressure from across Sony studios because this was such a shitty move in terms of activating the MTX post-review, that every Sony studio head was going to get beaten up by the press over it in every preview and review. The toxicity had real risk of spilling over onto the PlayStation brand in general, as the two brands of Gran Turismo and PlayStation are so closely intertwined.

It's just annoying that these games (Forza and GT) seem to keep goign through these cycles of trying it on too hard with the in-app purchases, getting burned, and then rowing it back. It would seem to be well established what the market will stand by now in termns of time value vs real money value and anyone with their head screwed on could see this was over the line.

2 minutes ago, MattyP said:

And of course the servers are currently down... :D 

tbf it is scheduled maintenance (that highlights the bullshit DRM that they need to backpedal on too).

2 minutes ago, RFT said:

It's just annoying that these games (Forza and GT) seem to keep goign through these cycles

Forza's last big in-app microtransaction hell was... Forza 6, in 2015.

11 hours ago, CrichStand said:

What’s this all about? An Online mode I take it? I’m Derbyshire, Amber Valley! Will have to give it a go. 😁

Oh Crich! Im just outside Buxton - need to take a look at this leaderboard! 

2 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Sigh. Single player game down for maintenance 😂 Does this mean you cannot even play whilst this is the case?

You can play arcade mode or music rally…

1 minute ago, geldra said:

You can play arcade mode or music rally…

Think Music Rally was probably added to give you something to do during updates/server maintenance... :D

I wonder how often server maintenance is going to happen over the coming weeks/months? Guess I've never really had it impact me TBH - I'm just at home today so noticed it.

6 minutes ago, footle said:

Forza's last big in-app microtransaction hell was... Forza 6, in 2015.

Well that was only 1 iteration ago, plus there was such a stink about the loot boxes in FM7 that happened before monetisation was activated that it never got activated.

now that was till 2017 but it was the most recent "proper" forza.

Though this nbow mainly makes me sad we've had to wait so long for Forza 8.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_3197176.html

Improvements and Adjustments

1. Daytona International Speedway
 - Fixed an issue wherein swerving suddenly on entry to the pit road on Tri-Oval and Road Course would cause the pit stop sequence to be skipped and the car to move straight to the exit.

2. Sport & Lobby
 - Fixed a very rare issue wherein an application error would occur in an online race or Lobby upon entry to the race event.

3. My Page
 - Fixed an issue wherein the values for 'Clean Races,' 'Fastest Laps,' 'Pole Positions' and 'Victories' statistics shown under the 'Sport' category in the Profile section would not display correctly;
 - Fixed an issue wherein the value for the 'Races’ statistic shown under the 'Sport' category in the Profile section was displayed as double the correct amount.

4. Others
 - Fixed a rare issue wherein the game progression would reset if the game was started with an unstable network connection.

2 minutes ago, MattyP said:

- Fixed a rare issue wherein the game progression would reset if the game was started with an unstable network connection.

That is a doozy right there.

35 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Fixed a very rare issue wherein an application error would occur in an online race or Lobby upon entry to the race event.

So rare that we'd lose 2 or 3 people at every race start...

Edit - but they're paying some attention to the online lobby mode, so I'm actually pleased about that.  Really wish they'd fix the lag though.  I'm on wired 30Mbps broadband, and the online races nearly always show me with 3 yellow bars, with everyone in the race the same. It goes up to 5 green bars now and again, but quickly back down to 3 (and everyone gets the 5 bars at the same time as me).  Something server-side I'd say...

For all the attempts at realism it’s a shame you can’t take these cars out for a test drive.

I’m still feeling raw at dropping 1 million on a Ford GT Race Car ‘18, primarily because it looked really cool. It has all the grip of damp sellotape.

6 minutes ago, Strafe said:

For all the attempts at realism it’s a shame you can’t take these cars out for a test drive.

I’m still feeling raw at dropping 1 million on a Ford GT Race Car ‘18, primarily because it looked really cool. It has all the grip of damp sellotape.

You used to be able to do just that in previous versions of GT (well GT6 at least)...

1 hour ago, Fretnoise said:

So rare that we'd lose 2 or 3 people at every race start...

Edit - but they're paying some attention to the online lobby mode, so I'm actually pleased about that.  Really wish they'd fix the lag though.  I'm on wired 30Mbps broadband, and the online races nearly always show me with 3 yellow bars, with everyone in the race the same. It goes up to 5 green bars now and again, but quickly back down to 3 (and everyone gets the 5 bars at the same time as me).  Something server-side I'd say...

Yeah...

The online lobbies are terrible atm. The lag making close racing pretty uncomfortable not to mention the lack of host functionality. It'll get there eventually but it's a bit annoying to take such a big step back from GT Sport in that regard. By a bit annoying, it's killing my interest pretty hard because unlike most of the posters in this thread, I pretty much loathe the single player in this.