Jump to content
IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP


p1nseeker
 Share

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Anyone picking up the McLaren F1 for 18.5M!

Only £151.89 using real money to buy virtual credits :D Waiting for someone to calculate how much in real money it would cost to buy all the cars or how much grind time you heed to spend to acquire them.

 

Edit Someone has bargain at £1616! Although looking at the list referred to looks to be missing some of the more expensive cars - the McLaren F1 is missing for example. So who knows what the final figure might be! 

 

 

Just going to play with the cars I'm given in the game by playing the single player game via cafe cards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just going to play with the cars I'm given in the game by playing the single player game via cafe cards. 


Yep, there are plenty of cars to enjoy, the Porsche GT3 I got from the Cafe is fantastic after a little tune and unbelievably I won the Lamborghini Huracan in the roulette, I was properly thrilled, maybe Kaz is onto something making it so mean most of the time lol.

 

Spoiler

He’s not!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Menu 31, Porsche round the Ring is amazing, I just raced it 5 or 6 times in a row as I’m not quite quick enough for 3rd and every time the weather has changed, how much rain, where on the track, how much cloud cover, really impressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've only recently earned about 1.5m credits so far. Once of the menu books in the high 30's demanded a rally car with dirt tyres - so I was forced to spend out 450,000 credits alone to get this menu done. Did the rally car come pre-fitted with Dirt tyres? Nope, that was another 5,000 

 

Don't know about anyone else but the higher menus and championships you enter - it gone beyond boring starting in last place all the time - especially in a 3 race championship 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Menu 31, Porsche round the Ring is amazing, I just raced it 5 or 6 times in a row as I’m not quite quick enough for 3rd and every time the weather has changed, how much rain, where on the track, how much cloud cover, really impressive.

Really enjoyed this one. The changing weather certainly makes it a challenge! Had the weather start sunny, heavy rain and then the rain stopping leaving puddles around the track. Also it can be raining on one side of the track and not on the other! :) The race had me on the edge of my seat throughout never mind trying to drive a very twitchy Porsche :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Don't know about anyone else but the higher menus and championships you enter - it gone beyond boring starting in last place all the time - especially in a 3 race championship 

Agree however it's fun fighting from the back at times depends on the race and if you like the track! On card 32 at the moment and struggling to get 3rd in the current race I'm in (1 of 3). Time to head to the tuning shop I think :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really don't know whether to laugh or cry at the mess that is GT7 at the moment.

 

Always online for single player

 

Insane virtual items / microtransactions costs

 

Recent update to reduce winnings in the game.

 

I mean who is making these decisions 🤣

 

You really can't make this stuff up. If someone would have told me 5 years ago that an in game virtual car would cost £160 for one car or it would take you over 80 hours playing to get said car I would have thought it was the voice of a madman. Yet.... Progress eh. :)

 

This guy certainly seems wound up a bit about it.... :D

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone done the clubman+ minis at goodwood race? The one with the PP350 limit?

 

as soon as I get my car down to 349.7 it can’t keep up.

 

tuning is probably key here…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried this early on and found the same, a wee red one just blew past me as if I was stationery. First time I thought I had a bad exit on turn one but no the second time same thing happened late in the lap. 

 

As the game is riddled with bugs I'm now suspicious of everything being screwed so will go back in a few months to do it. 

6 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Anyone done the clubman+ minis at goodwood race? The one with the PP350 limit?

 

as soon as I get my car down to 349.7 it can’t keep up.

 

tuning is probably key here…

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was absolutely most definitely not going to load this if it borked after all the recent updates, but it loaded fine and then you spend a couple of hours just doing various things and it's pretty wonderful. I mean some of the micro transactions seem like absolute bollocks, but then they were in gt sport, so is it really any different? I've not once felt the need to go off and buy something new or think that I've seen something I absolutely must own. I'm only on something like cafe menu 10 but I've not found many things you can't beat in a radical on sport softs. I did get a ringside seat of an amg merc roughing up an m3 last night at alsace which was entertaining.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, marsh said:

I was absolutely most definitely not going to load this if it borked after all the recent updates, but it loaded fine and then you spend a couple of hours just doing various things and it's pretty wonderful. I mean some of the micro transactions seem like absolute bollocks, but then they were in gt sport, so is it really any different? I've not once felt the need to go off and buy something new or think that I've seen something I absolutely must own. I'm only on something like cafe menu 10 but I've not found many things you can't beat in a radical on sport softs. I did get a ringside seat of an amg merc roughing up an m3 last night at alsace which was entertaining.

This is the thing, it's really frustrating because the game underneath it all is fantastic fun. I've never been a big GT guy, Forza 4 Lyf Yo, but after a few hours of me complaining how slow 7 feels and how a proper racing line would improve things it's just clicked. I've turned off basically all of the visual assists and am actually getting on alright judging corners the old fashioned way and it just feels fantastic!

 

 But there's no excusing what they're doing on the microtransaction side of things. The big cars cost so much, which in a way does make them feel more special but there has to be a way of making those credits without pumping hours and hours into the same events and that's just not fun. And the roulette is built in such a way as it actually feels like a bit of a snide joke. "Let's have a look at what you could of won... here we go... here it comes.. I wonder if it'll actually be the car this ti- BWOM BWOOOM here's 2k." And the lack of microtransactions in review copies feels actively corrupt. If you're hiding it from reviewers it shouldn't be in the final game.

 

There's definitely a middle ground between Forza's "blink and you get a Mazda" and what's in here, it's just a shame Polyphony come off looking so cheap and leaving such a bad taste in the mouth in their apparent bid to get there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, marsh said:

 I mean some of the micro transactions seem like absolute bollocks, but then they were in gt sport, so is it really any different?

yeah it's pretty different. You got a new car every day in GT sport from the roulette and it even let you hide the option to buy cars with real money. I seemed to get good money even from our Monday night races, or a decent chunk when time trialing sport mode. Most cars weren't that pricey except for a small amount of unicorn cars. Oh and you could sell cars. And there were loaners for some daily races. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does throw a lot of great cars at you if you work through the Cafe menus, probably best to just ignore the unaffordable cars for now and hope that updates make these more accessible in the future.

 

The sad thing is they could improve it overnight with changes to the economy but for some reason they’re tone deaf and actually made it worse and then the whole thing was highlighted even further because they dropped the McLaren F1 into the Legendary dealer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

yeah it's pretty different. You got a new car every day in GT sport from the roulette and it even let you hide the option to buy cars with real money. I seemed to get good money even from our Monday night races, or a decent chunk when time trialing sport mode. Most cars weren't that pricey except for a small amount of unicorn cars. Oh and you could sell cars. And there were loaners for some daily races. 

 

 

 

 

Well, I think somebody somewhere sat down and went 'you do realize this blokes got five GR4 Mustang's in rally spec that have covered the grand total of 0 miles between them?'

 

I'm not defending the fact they've gone too far the other way, because ultimately no-one is going to buy that Mclaren at 160 odd quid (or at least they shouldn't) but there's a case where gt sport threw cars at you and you never really got the one you wanted. It's your birthday, here's that aborted Ben Bowlby Nissan LMP1 abomination as a gift!!

 

And yes I've also had Tesla model S sports suspension and a racing exhaust for an aventador, neither of which will ever see the light of day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They then went and compounded people feeling (rightfully) irritated by the state of the economy by dropping the 18,000,000Cr Porsche 917 the very next day :lol:

 

Watched a few videos from Gran Turismo YouTubers and read a few things and generally agree with them that the best ways to fix this are:

 

  • Have a standardised race length/credit reward formula so if people want to grind, they don't have to do the same bloody race all the time (particularly as the most lucrative race is currently a rally event, and rally events in GT7 are really not fun).
  • Increase the rate of credit rewards by about two-three times the current amount. 
  • Change the currency/credit exchange rate dramatically. At the moment, £16 buys you 2,000,000Cr. Increase that so £16 buys you 20,000,000Cr. This means if you want one of the rarest cars in the game, it's still a significant purchase if you want to skip the grind, but it's down to the territory of a week's worth of morning coffees rather than £150+
  • Sort out the roulette things so that at the very least, each tier is consistent with what it offers. I've had a three-star ticket dangle gold bars at me (one of which I won) whereas another just had a rubbish car, some parts and a stack of coins.
  • Bring back mileage points, allow people to save them and exchange for roulette tickets at increasing cost per tier.
  • Give players a little credit bonus for logging in each day. Doesn't have to be huge, just something. Increase the reward for consecutive logins.

I don't mind Credits being offered for money. Fine by me. They just need to balance it so it's realistic, as at the moment it's way off.

 

Like @marsh says in his post above, the game's bloody lovely when you get stuck into it. The cars are mostly (I'm looking at YOU Huracan GT3) a joy to drive and when raced online against people who are respectful it's fantastic. In terms of feeling like a racing driver and putting you in a situation where you can do things you'd never be do in real life out on track it's amazing; it's just a shame that currently the economics underneath it all make it very difficult to experience it in as many of the cars as it should.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

They then went and compounded people feeling (rightfully) irritated by the state of the economy by dropping the 18,000,000Cr Porsche 917 the very next day :lol:

 

Watched a few videos from Gran Turismo YouTubers and read a few things and generally agree with them that the best ways to fix this are:

 

  • Have a standardised race length/credit reward formula so if people want to grind, they don't have to do the same bloody race all the time (particularly as the most lucrative race is currently a rally event, and rally events in GT7 are really not fun).

 

 

You wouldn't happen to have details of said event would you.....? asking for a friend :eyebrows:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with some of the cars being essentially unobtainable.  From my GT Sport experience, those unicorn cars never really saw the light of day anyway - you certainly couldn't use them in daily races (who'd want a daily race where only 1% of people have the right car?), and pretty much the only use I found for the 20m Ferrari I had (which I got from the daily roulette, btw) was to use it in one of the single player races to grind more credits.  We finally got a trio of them on track in our very last MNRC night, and then only really for the photos...  Didn't one of the early Forzas have actual "unicorn" cars which you'd very rarely see, and you could only get by trading or winning a specific race against someone who already had one, or something?  I wasn't too fussed about never having one of those, either.

 

In GT7 I'm slightly embarrassed at having gone for the preorder "25th Anniversary Fretnoise Edition" with the extra 1.5m credits.  I spent the first week or so treating 1.5m as a fake floor to my credits, not wanting to spend any of my ill-gotten gains... and then I got an invitation to buy a Ferrari, and spent the lot on a LaFerrari.  And... it's pretty much undriveable (like many of the hypercars were in GTS) and will probably sit gathering dust in my garage. I don't think it even looks that pretty...

 

I think what I'm trying to say is - like Marsh and Kiroquai - if you can ignore the credit nonsense (file it alongside Music *spit Rally) and accept you're not the target market for that side of things, then the driving and racing is really good.  Hopefully this week's BoP'd daily races won't suffer any exploits and we'll be back to almost where we were with GTS's sport mode.

 

(I'd still like to be able to see the proper post-race results screen, and to adjust brake balance in my Gr3 and Gr4 cars (which come with the brake balance controller, but it's disabled thanks to BoP...))

 

I went back to GTS whilst the servers were down last week and in comparison it felt like I was driving on a very flat and featureless pancake, and those loading times were horrible, even on a PS5's internal SSD.  There's a very good game in GT7, they just need to round the sharp edges off and get the players back on side.  And stop Kaz making any more "statements", ffs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, marsh said:

 

Well, I think somebody somewhere sat down and went 'you do realize this blokes got five GR4 Mustang's in rally spec that have covered the grand total of 0 miles between them?'

 

I'm not defending the fact they've gone too far the other way, because ultimately no-one is going to buy that Mclaren at 160 odd quid (or at least they shouldn't) but there's a case where gt sport threw cars at you and you never really got the one you wanted. It's your birthday, here's that aborted Ben Bowlby Nissan LMP1 abomination as a gift!!

 

And yes I've also had Tesla model S sports suspension and a racing exhaust for an aventador, neither of which will ever see the light of day. 

yeh but from a simple credits point of view, you'd get duplicates of cars you'd bought, you could sell the one you bought with credits. Wasn't perfect but a long way from this. 

 

Also, car roulette was kinda crap as you say but I got most of the GT3/GT4 cars from it which would be a monumental grind in GT7. Don't forget you gotta spend close to 100k on a full set of tyres for EACH ONE in GT7 and the cars themselves are 450k. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm doing all the circuit experience and the rally stages are proper smash all your kit and burn it to the ground material. Once I am done with them (and any other stragglers in events) I will never play them again!

 

Another week I recon and I'll have finished all the content in the game to gold. I have 24% of all the cars, collector level 36. Once I am done with that maybe I get enough cash to get to get a handful more cars, then what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.