IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

13 hours ago, marsh said:

So instead of getting stuffed online by pro and semi pro racers, you can get stuffed offline by pro and semi pro racers?

Great :mellow:

“Ultimately, we want to be able to provide joy and fun as Sophy races with people,” Yamauchi-san explained. “The objective is not to just beat human beings, but to create a friend, a comrade, or a buddy. We want players to learn together and grow together with Sophy. […]"

Learn and grow together with Sophy... :D I mean are we going to feel sorry for Sophy if we beat its time? Or cross over that line quicker.... 

"We want to create something that has a positive effect on society, that promotes sympathy, kindness, and is creative and ethical.”

Not sure competition where the main goal is to win and beat other times aligns well to this..

All sounds interesting though TBH... Not sure where it will ultimately go and it'll mostly be hype... 

13 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Nature has a cover article on it, so I'm thinking it must be something pretty special.
https://www.nature.com/nature/subscribe

Indeed! :) 

One thing I absolutely love about the Gran Turismo series is it's driven by an absolute passion in every area it touches. So clouds for example - mapped correctly to locale being raced in, the night sky accurately mapped. The photo mode... camera control, Scapes and frame composition options are incredible. The car model detail. The lighting.

OK in the past focus has been mostly on the visuals because that is where the processing budget would have most impact but with the last few releases it has become much more balanced having improvements across the board!

Anyway... we all know this! Everything is insanely polished. This is going to be one class act. 

8 hours ago, mexos said:

hahah. But with the ultimate tool for speed in your hands :unsure:, surely you can beat some AI?

Fnar!

I find myself doing really stupid races in campaign mode, like pitting a slightly warm N300 car on racing tyres against an N600 or gr4 class. You either have no chance whatsoever or blaze the whole field with laps to spare. There is no inbetween, I think I've just become pretty jaded and fucked off with the whole thing to be honest. You've either got to sink a disproportionate amount of time into the game to stay competitive online, and you'll still get beaten/out foxed by your opponent, or you race with the morons in lesser classes and wish you'd loaded wreckfest instead.

I fully expect to go 'wow' at the haptic controls on the 4th, the rest, less so. Just think what you hardcore boys will be missing out with as you get your rigs setup early on the Friday....

You'll never know what your missing out on.

Play a bit of offline. Do the dailies just for qualifying TT. Race with us on a Monday for a laugh. Simples.

For sure I’ll try the pad. Curious to see what it feels like. I’d like to get to get half decent at it so I can race with a pad when away from home.

At the weekend I fancy spending a little time to put in a decent lap on a few courses with the T300 and (if it turns up) see how I compare with the new wheel. I’m guessing it will be slower at first but who knows. I think getting used to a load cell again will be a challenge after so long now with the plastic pedals.

I’m watching one of the official races with the AI now - hmmm. So they’ve made an AI that runs flawless racing lines and runs away at the front. Is it just me that thinks that’s not particularly impressive? Surely the challenge with an AI is making it drive convincingly like a human, flaws and all. This has no apparent flaws, because it doesn’t rely on eyesight, judgment or feel - it’s programmed with the dimensions of the circuit and the characteristics of the car, so of course a computer will win. Am I being unfair?

20 minutes ago, mexos said:

Play a bit of offline. Do the dailies just for qualifying TT. Race with us on a Monday for a laugh. Simples.

For sure I’ll try the pad. Curious to see what it feels like. I’d like to get to get half decent at it so I can race with a pad when away from home.

At the weekend I fancy spending a little time to put in a decent lap on a few courses with the T300 and (if it turns up) see how I compare with the new wheel. I’m guessing it will be slower at first but who knows. I think getting used to a load cell again will be a challenge after so long now with the plastic pedals.

Bonus looms, load cell a possibility dependent on payout. I'd run out of excuses at that point, maybe I just need to turn up the force feedback on my pad....I mean wheel.

Oh, and the lobbies always full, and I'm not carving it up for a part timer. Like I said, jaded with it. Work still not respecting monday nights either.

4 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I’m watching one of the official races with the AI now - hmmm. So they’ve made an AI that runs flawless racing lines and runs away at the front. Is it just me that thinks that’s not particularly impressive? Surely the challenge with an AI is making it drive convincingly like a human, flaws and all. This has no apparent flaws, because it doesn’t rely on eyesight, judgment or feel - it’s programmed with the dimensions of the circuit and the characteristics of the car, so of course a computer will win. Am I being unfair?

Nope, that sounds exactly like what I'd expect. If it's based around real life drivers then they are absolute machines, and they do not make mistakes. I wonder if they were using a pad.....🤔

6 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Finished it now and the humans did manage to win one of the races, but I saw nothing that is going to improve the ‘game’ for average players, and that’s what I was hoping for.

Maybe explains why they didn’t make it part of the state of play and have kept it a separate thing from the game?

• 2 weeks later...

Video where someone has gone through clips from the State of Play and replicated them in GT Sport.

You'll either come out of wondering what PD have been up to for the past 5 years, or pleased that it's not straying too far from the recipe (visually I mean)

Either way, clearly the lighting is better, the sky, the higher res textures are evident even in the lower res video, the interior 'shake' is nice at the very least.

I hope someone has investigated the shipping container that someone seems to have abandoned at Interlagos for the past 5 years (0:40)

As a bonus, if you want me to ruin 7 for you before it's out...

Spoiler

Those fucking awful trees...

Been thinking about this. I reckon Sport mode will be identical to GT Sport but if it’s on PP for road cars it will be world of meta cars with strange wings and things. 
 Gr3 and Gr4 etc Daily races will be no change from GT Sport. Only thing better will be a few more cars and more tracks ( with a flow of extra content just like GT Sport had)

Everything else like the penalty ( or lack of) system and grid sizes will be the same. I doubt they’ll put dynamic weather and day/night in dailies.

Multiplayer lobbies will be the same and I reckon dynamic weather and day/night will be in there. I doubt multi-class racing will be as on a 16 player grid it would be a bit half arsed.

FIA type races - also I can’t see them putting dynamic weather or day night in them. The way they have 5(?) different time slots through the day it would be weird if for example I did the early race and it was dry, and then when @mexos or someone did it at 10pm slot it pissed it down in the race. 

6 hours ago, Corranga said:

As a bonus, if you want me to ruin 7 for you before it's out...

Hide contents

Those fucking awful trees...

i literally came here to say they’re IDENTICAL!!!

Spoiler

EAB1118F-E30D-46EF-98B0-7AC838BDF3CB.thumb.jpeg.b137f033977e83a123a5272a81161ddf.jpeg

Edited by SeanR

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

i literally came here to say they’re IDENTICAL!!!

But with added hapticness!!!!

So aside from some mad tuning option, some other stuff, and haptic wonderment, it's the same as GT Sport with better AI for the entire population that don't play online?

I'm not taking a day off for this.

On 25/02/2022 at 14:37, djbhammer said:

Nice video but I wish the track was

more worn in game, it just looks too clean.

Still, hardly a showstopper and looks great overall.

Yep, a very odd choice for a comparison video, I thought the track looked quite poor vs reality. Won’t be an issue in game but if you’re going to do a ‘can you tell the difference’ video it would help if it wasn’t blatantly obvious.

PSA: I thought the review embargo for this was 11am Thursday, but it looks like SuperGT is going ahead with a review video on Wednesday. So, if you want to go in fresh on Friday I’d be careful on Wednesday as well as Thursday.

And digital pre-orders unlock at midnight on Friday morning, right?  Asking for a friend :)

1 hour ago, Fretnoise said:

PSA: I thought the review embargo for this was 11am Thursday, but it looks like SuperGT is going ahead with a review video on Wednesday. So, if you want to go in fresh on Friday I’d be careful on Wednesday as well as Thursday.

And digital pre-orders unlock at midnight on Friday morning, right?  Asking for a friend :)

Not sure how a GT game can have spoilers! :) I'm just looking forward to the improved visuals, updated tracks etc. Much if it will be how the game feels to play in general and the implementation of the dual sense controls!

Saying all that probably won't watch any videos anyway. I've already bought it and it's downloaded ready to go so not really caring about nit picking opinions on YouTube etc :D

Heh, yeah, fair enough. I just want to sit and watch PD’s needlessly long intro video for myself, without some YouTuber thinking he has to say something clever over it  I’ll check out what all the “pros” think afterwards :)