Jump to content

Channel 4 rebooting GamesMaster?


Clipper
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, lankysanchez said:

He’s got the gaming history and the patter so I’m hopeful. If he does it in the style of Independint Charles I could die happy. 

 

He's also an angry Scottish bloke, which I fear is the qualification they actually looked at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone on here has gone from actively dismissing the reboot and saying the production crew seem clueless, to suddenly  thinking this could be alright…

 

I bet y’all wish you applied to be in the show when that dude offered several weeks back 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds like a joke that they tried to find a sarcastic Scottish guy to substitute in for Dominik Diamond (and succeeded) but that announcement actually does change my perspective on the whole thing.

 

There’s no denying his passion and interest. Who are those two other folk though, hope they don’t bring it down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Darwock said:

It sounds like a joke that they tried to find a sarcastic Scottish guy to substitute in for Dominik Diamond (and succeeded) but that announcement actually does change my perspective on the whole thing.

 

There’s no denying his passion and interest. Who are those two other folk though, hope they don’t bring it down.

 

I don't think I've seen much of Frankie as a presenter but she knows her stuff.

 

We had a discussion about this at work and our less than useful final conclusion was the Gamesmaster should be every member of Steps. Every time they cut to the gamesmaster it's a different member of steps. This is never addressed or acknowledged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Darwock said:

 

There’s no denying his passion and interest. Who are those two other folk though, hope they don’t bring it down.

 

Not familiar with Ty Logan, but Frankie Ward has loads of experience presenting massive eSports shows on stage front of 10k+ people & hundreds of thousands watching on Twitch, and she's one of the few who does it in a non-cringeworthy way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was Frankie Ward involved in that last PC Gaming Show thing at E3? I got the impression she was somewhat hamstrung by the material there but otherwise seemed genuinely into games.

 

Oh god, just reminded myself how lifeforce-suckingly awful that presentation was. Made me want to throw my PC off a multistorey carpark. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Malc said:

Everyone on here has gone from actively dismissing the reboot and saying the production crew seem clueless, to suddenly  thinking this could be alright…

 

I bet y’all wish you applied to be in the show when that dude offered several weeks back 😂

 

Not really but there's a glimmer of promise when you consider that Rob Florence made a better show than GamesMaster with a camcorder and a coathanger in his spare time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Was Frankie Ward involved in that last PC Gaming Show thing at E3? I got the impression she was somewhat hamstrung by the material there but otherwise seemed genuinely into games.

 

Oh god, just reminded myself how lifeforce-suckingly awful that presentation was. Made me want to throw my PC off a multistorey carpark. 

 

 

 

Fuck me, that is appalling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

Was Frankie Ward involved in that last PC Gaming Show thing at E3? I got the impression she was somewhat hamstrung by the material there but otherwise seemed genuinely into games.

 

Oh god, just reminded myself how lifeforce-suckingly awful that presentation was. Made me want to throw my PC off a multistorey carpark. 

 

 

 

I watched the first one a few years back and haven't dared go back since. It's somehow managed to get worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Malc said:

Everyone on here has gone from actively dismissing the reboot and saying the production crew seem clueless, to suddenly  thinking this could be alright…

 

I bet y’all wish you applied to be in the show when that dude offered several weeks back 😂

 

Hang on, I thought at least one of us did and never heard back! But yeah, the first visible signs of someone who does have a clue being involved does help.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's seemingly only going to be celebrities playing the games. 

 

Prob be all nicey nicey. Would much prefer rab ripping the piss out of the general public. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ry said:

It's seemingly only going to be celebrities playing the games. 

 

Prob be all nicey nicey. Would much prefer rab ripping the piss out of the general public. 

E4-level 'celebrities' mind, so they might as well be the general public

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The psychic damage from the Mario 64 incident is so deep that Dave Perry is still replying to old comments on the YouTube video as of a few months ago, telling people to fuck off via a sockpuppet account and suggesting that both GamesMaster and Games World failed after he left:

perry.thumb.png.7985f5c6187cfd6eb6f2cca85badf1f3.png

The fate of this new series surely hangs in the balance until he gets his deal sorted out with the production team. We all watched the original run just for Dave, didn't we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.