IGNORED

PlayStation Showcase 9th September 9pm

grounded_dreams

10 minutes ago, Fondue said:

Pretty sure the vikings didn't have such annoying american accents. Would it have killed them to have made a bit of an effort?

Baldur was the only character to actually sound Scandinavian-y. Stupid bastards. 

Remastering PS4 games for PS5 that are backwards compatible anyway is a surprisingly cynical and shameless cash grab.

But I'm really really looking forward to Wolverine, Spider-Man 2, and GoW 2 so all in all enough good stuff to be excited about.

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Remastering PS4 games for PS5 that are backwards compatible anyway is a surprisingly cynical and shameless cash grab.

But I'm really really looking forward to Wolverine, Spider-Man 2, and GoW 2 so all in all enough good stuff to be excited about.

We have The Last of Us to thank for that. The PS4 remaster did bonkers. I think it single-handedly convinced Sony that BC may be a bad idea if you can resell a year later. See also Tsushima. 

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Uncharted 4/LL Multiplayer is already 60 and feels great to play. Real pissed that they are going down the re-release route instead of just unlocking the frame rate for those of us that still have our discs. 

3 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Some of the reactions here do make me think what would be a good showing then. 

But yeah, I miss Japan Studio. 

Variety of gameplay rather than setting. There were what, two games (three if you count whatever the Radiohead thing was) that weren't first or third person action games?

I think lots of it looked good, maybe not mind blowingly pretty. But a sizzle of some puzzle games. Or RPGs. Or just anything.

I mean it's unfair to say they don't do that stuff (Astro, Bugsnax, Ratchet) but this showing was extremely one dimensional.

Good selection really, just need money and a ps5.

It's an interesting way of doing it, splitting from e3 like that, I can't really remember much from e3 now so it will probably push the conversation over to PlayStation for a bit on social media etc. 

4 minutes ago, Popo said:

What dates did we get?  Alan Wake in October, GT7 was apparently given but I must have missed it. 

Deathloop - next week

alan wake

radiohead - november

forspoken - February?

gta:v remaster 2, slipping to march

gt7 - March (announced after the trailers)

7 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Variety of gameplay rather than setting. There were what, two games (three if you count whatever the Radiohead thing was) that weren't first or third person action games?

I think lots of it looked good, maybe not mind blowingly pretty. But a sizzle of some puzzle games. Or RPGs. Or just anything.

I mean it's unfair to say they don't do that stuff (Astro, Bugsnax, Ratchet) but this showing was extremely one dimensional.

I think that’s the marketing department being in the driver seat. This is obviously meant as their own “moment” to speak to the masses. 

But yeah it seems Xbox is going to be first person while PlayStation is going to be third person. 💁‍♂️

Switch is still rocking god mode though. 

Enjoyed that . Lots of good stuff but a lot of it a ways off. . Did a holy shit at kotor but it’s probably 2 years away at least , as is wolverine ( probably 3) . Ragnarok is Christmas 2022.  Lots to look forward to though . 

Forspoken looked pretty good . And I’ll buy the remastered uncharted 4 and LL cos I’ve bought the first 3 twice so why not . 

also . Radiohead :omg:

Yes it was too much same gameplay under the hood with tarted up bodywork... and remakes. I get its important to cover the popular genres, and remakes make financial sense at this point in a generation shift. But where was the surprise? The new 'I can't quite imagine how that works' gameplay? Like that futuristic cat game? Or Sifu? Or the next gen equivalent of the Witness? 

• gospvg unpinned this topic