IGNORED

Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga

gospvg

My plans to free play episode I-III’s hubs were temporarily scuppered by needing to upgrade the scavenger class (which can be done in Episode VII)

Did that, then randomly started on clearing Uscru. Some of these Kyber bricks are going to be super fiddly to find. Think I’ll do a bit of free play and some more story next session. At least I now have the x2 and x4 multiplier, so raking in x8 studs. The unlocking will soon begin!

Agreed with what's been said re levels. Did prequel trilogy first and finished Episode V last night. 

The levels in IV and V are both longer and more satisfying to play than the prequel trilogy. Tbf, I think they did what they could with the Phantom Menace 🤣

Also, anyone buy this on Xbox and had an issue claiming the 6000 reward points? Mine still haven't been awarded 😕

56 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Also, anyone buy this on Xbox and had an issue claiming the 6000 reward points? Mine still haven't been awarded 😕

i had the same issue - contacted ms support and they manually added the 6000 points to my account

Another crash of sorts today - the “going to lightspeed” loading screen just never ended.

Also several missing items, people, etc while playing.

Had a bug where the ‘Jedi vision filter’ remained on for the remainder of a level. Then the hub. And stayed there after quitting to the main menu. A reload fixed it, thankfully. As an occasional sufferer of ocular migraines, which produce a similar ‘tunnel vision’ effect, was quite relieved it was the game that was bugged and not me.

x6 studs unlocked during this afternoon’s session, so getting x48 studs now. Have Episodes V, VII, VIII and IX to play, but have only collected a nudge over 250 Kyber bricks and completed about 10% of the hub puzzles.

I paused AC Valhalla to play a ‘short’ game. Going back to that now will feel like a quick run on Don’t Die Mr Robot.

5 hours ago, glb said:

x6 studs unlocked during this afternoon’s session, so getting x48 studs now. Have Episodes V, VII, VIII and IX to play, but have only collected a nudge over 250 Kyber bricks and completed about 10% of the hub puzzles.

It is kinda nuts right? I've mostly just been taking my time with the story, typically do a couple levels to an episode a day at the moment. Whilst I've picked up the odd brick and stuff on my travels, the only time I've flat out stopped and tried to clear an area was Kamino.

My overall % is 22% apparently but then when you see that you have like 156/1156 bricks collected it reminds you that you will be here a while. Which I'm totally fine with, I love how much there is to do, it's just easy to forget that if I want all the cheevos, I've literally got about 800 more bricks to go >.< 

3 hours ago, Varsity said:

It is kinda nuts right? I've mostly just been taking my time with the story, typically do a couple levels to an episode a day at the moment. Whilst I've picked up the odd brick and stuff on my travels, the only time I've flat out stopped and tried to clear an area was Kamino.

My overall % is 22% apparently but then when you see that you have like 156/1156 bricks collected it reminds you that you will be here a while. Which I'm totally fine with, I love how much there is to do, it's just easy to forget that if I want all the cheevos, I've literally got about 800 more bricks to go >.< 

Yeah, it’s a dense game for sure! Some of the puzzles take all of ten seconds to complete, but others are more protracted. There’s also a stack of side missions, which are a few minutes apiece.

Think the story itself could be done in a few hours, but I’d be surprised if getting 100% takes me less than 50.

Thankfully it is a game that rewards exploring and poking around every nook and cranny. Yesterday I found a laundry room in one location. No reason for it to be there other than for studs, and a laundry room in an unexpected spot is funny. There’s loads of little nods and winks like that, sometimes just a single line or a puzzle name to raise a smile. For the most part, it’s a joy to play.

There’s a Jedi Vision filter? Where? What?

800-ish Kyber bricks here. The ones where you have to drive or fly through green spheres are impossible in split screen though - you simply can’t see where the next one is.

53 minutes ago, glb said:

Think the story itself could be done in a few hour

Yeah, we did it in less than ten and we took our time. Well past 50 hours now though, and bear in mind you rack up the Kyber bricks almost twice as fast in two player, so you’re looking at 80-odd hours total, I’d guess

56 minutes ago, deKay said:

There’s a Jedi Vision filter? Where? What?

800-ish Kyber bricks here. The ones where you have to drive or fly through green spheres are impossible in split screen though - you simply can’t see where the next one is.

It’s the screen effect when a Jedi controls another character. There’s a sort of cloudy effect around the edge of the screen.

80 hours does feel more realistic. With there being so much to see and do it’s not a game that needs rushing either.

Also, I don’t really know the ins and outs of ray tracing (Rey tracing?) but I’m struggling to think of a game in recent memory with better lighting. The way lightsabers and laser bolts reflect off surfaces is beautiful.

New bug (admittedly the only one I've personally encountered): on the Xbox you can "pause" the cutscenes by bringing up the guide. I left this long enough for my controller to turn itself off. When I went back to the game it insisted on me signing in again, but gave me no way to do it, then dumped me back to the main menu, then crashed. I lost a level's worth of progress as it hadn't saved. Not a huge problem but a bit annoying.

Getting into this now, it's much better in single-player than it is in co-op and episodes 4-6 have a more traditional "Lego game" structure to them, I can actually see why they suggest you start there rather than with the prequel trilogy. It's impossibly daunting though, just looking at the galaxy map and seeing the names of all the hub areas I haven't seen yet is giving me the heebie-jeebies.

In terms of character unlocks, I don't quite get it - do you automatically unlock everyone you play with, and then have to buy others once you've unlocked them? I unlocked a Weequay doing an early side quest on Tatooine but still had to go in to the menu and find him then spend studs to actually use him.

Is there a toggle to turn off the item locations after you upgrade the perk? Entering a new hub area is just a 360 degree sea of blue circles.

It’s nice to watch them gradually disappear, but it seems an odd choice to force you to always have it on.

I’ve had to stop playing for a bit now. After the most recent update it’s even more crashy and buggy. It’s crashed out completely twice today, has hung on the loading screen several times, and just now prevented me from accessing the menus, including the mini one to change character.

6 hours ago, makkuwata said:

Is there a toggle to turn off the item locations after you upgrade the perk? Entering a new hub area is just a 360 degree sea of blue circles.

It’s nice to watch them gradually disappear, but it seems an odd choice to force you to always have it on.

Yep, you can deactivate it on the upgrade menu when you're on that skill.

7 hours ago, deKay said:

I’ve had to stop playing for a bit now. After the most recent update it’s even more crashy and buggy. It’s crashed out completely twice today, has hung on the loading screen several times, and just now prevented me from accessing the menus, including the mini one to change character.

Considering that I’m playing on the Switch, the system with the least amount of power, I haven’t had a single crash yet.  Had one bug that forced me to restart the Obi Wan/Jango space battle but other than that it’s been fine.

Just episode 9 to go now.

The original trilogy is so so far above any beyond anything else in the game it's crazy. Episodes 7 and 8 seem very similar to the prequels although slightly better overall. Lots of back and forth, lots of bosses, very little just playing the game.

Maybe I somehow didn't notice in the original trilogy but the others are so full of making you run around hubs and pressing A to "Continue Story".

Lots and lots of collectables still to do along with most side quests and level challenges. I'll probably chip away at them once I've finished the main game but I think it'll be a slog to finish them all.

As much as I think the game has its moments, looks great (in places - either the slowdown was patched or only impacted the original trilogy) and has improved combat it just falls short of being actually good rather than just diverting. I enjoy it to pass the time but I'm not sure I think it's mechanically all that fun. An odd one. Much like all the Lego games i guess. The new engine and different camera hasn't really changed anything of note.

7 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Just episode 9 to go now.

The original trilogy is so so far above any beyond anything else in the game it's crazy. Episodes 7 and 8 seem very similar to the prequels although slightly better overall. Lots of back and forth, lots of bosses, very little just playing the game.

Maybe I somehow didn't notice in the original trilogy but the others are so full of making you run around hubs and pressing A to "Continue Story".

I'd agree with this. Felt like the OG levels were longer and had more meat to them, more instances of moving between different areas etc. 

Lots of levels in prequels and sequels that literally take place in one room which is kinda disappointing. Last Jedi was awful in terms of moving around different hubs. For the first time yesterday found myself impatiently sprinting between story moments. Don't get me wrong, enjoy the cutscenes but LJ was very meh anyway and lots of long drawn out running back and forth was a bit irritating. 

Planning to do Ep 9 today then get started on the mammoth overworld clearing. 

The original trilogy definitely has the most traditional "Lego game structure". It's a bunch of fairly lengthy levels separated by short hub sequences. I can absolutely see why the game defaults to episode 4 when you start.

I’m on Chrome Dome Down on The Last Jedi but can’t beat Phasma. She’s standing there shooting in the second phase of the battle and the blue shield is down. I’m shooting her with the cannon but nothing happens. The video walkthroughs I’ve watched suggest this is where I should be able to shoot her. Is this a bug?

1 hour ago, Rex Grossman said:

I’m on Chrome Dome Down on The Last Jedi but can’t beat Phasma. She’s standing there shooting in the second phase of the battle and the blue shield is down. I’m shooting her with the cannon but nothing happens. The video walkthroughs I’ve watched suggest this is where I should be able to shoot her. Is this a bug?

Probably. We somehow skipped most of that fight thanks to a different bug.

“Boss fights not progressing properly” is one of the traditional Lego game bugs. This new engine does a good job of replicating the old one.

• gospvg changed the title to Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga