IGNORED

Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga

gospvg

Only an hour or so in, and loving it so far, it's almost overwhelming the amount of stuff to do. 

As a huge star wars fan, it's just so cool to see voice lines in certain places hitting at the right time, and man, the music for all the films as well, can't get enough of it. 

How do you go into the hub areas in free play? I played the first 2 chapters of a New Hope last night but in free play I can only tackle those same chapters again not the stuff on Tatooine that connected the chapters. Do I have to do the hub in story mode only? 

8 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

How do you go into the hub areas in free play? I played the first 2 chapters of a New Hope last night but in free play I can only tackle those same chapters again not the stuff on Tatooine that connected the chapters. Do I have to do the hub in story mode only? 

You can access them once you have finished the episode, which really doesn't take long. Then the galaxy map opens up in free play

Question for anyone that’s unlocked bespin  for free play - can you access the interior locations such as the carbon chamber etc… from the main world hub or are these locked as game levels that can only be access if you play the story level again? (I know there are some small side rooms you can access from the main world hub)

This is really fun.  Particularly space battles - didn't take long to get through the Episode I hub but I've barely found any Kyber Cubes.  I reckon there's tens of hours of content within each of the 9 chapers - there's loads to do.

Looks splendid - I really like the way that the environment affects the wear and tear on the character models.

1 minute ago, Boothjan said:

This is really fun.  Particularly space battles - didn't take long to get through the Episode I hub but I've barely found any Kyber Cubes.  I reckon there's tens of hours of content within each of the 9 chapers - there's loads to do.

Looks splendid - I really like the way that the environment affects the wear and tear on the character models.

Definitely masses of content. I'm about 7 hours in and I'm half way through my second episode (completed episode 4, part way into 5).

I've found quite a few Kyber cubes (maybe 30 or so). A fun mix of easy to collect and little puzzles. Constantly keeping me distracted from just moving forwards.

Also managed two datacards now in episode 5 after not finding any in 4 (probably through not knowing what the icons looked like).

1 minute ago, Boothjan said:

What are datacards? :lol:

So much going on that I haven't taken it all in yet.

They're used for generic perks (along with massive numbers of studs in some cases). Like big head mode. Or stud multipliers.

9 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

I bought the deluxe edition (Switch) and the code was in the case. If there was meant to be a code for you surely it would also be in the case.

Only thing in the case was the disc.

Just now, Rex Grossman said:

We both bought from Base though, right, @deKay?

I did, yes. Standard edition for me though, so wasn’t expecting any codes anyway.

I ordered the Deluxe edition from Game Collection, but have just received an email saying they don’t have any and ‘an emergency stock check is taking place’. By way of compensation they’ve offered me the standard edition for £25.00 instead. Happy with that.

35 minutes ago, skondo said:

I ordered the Deluxe edition from Game Collection, but have just received an email saying they don’t have any and ‘an emergency stock check is taking place’. By way of compensation they’ve offered me the standard edition for £25.00 instead. Happy with that.

If for some reason you don't want the figure that means you can get all the deluxe content for about £35 all in. Which is a pretty good deal.

7 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Another code, this was from a survey on the lego site

SKYSAGA: Snap Wexley 

more here:

Spoiler

ARVALA7 - The Razor Crest ship
C3PHOHO - C-3PO (Holiday Special)
WOOKIEE - Chewbacca (Holiday Special)
TIPYIPS - D-O (Holiday Special)
WROSHYR - Darth Vader (Holiday Special)
LIFEDAY - Gonk Droid (Holiday Special)
KORDOKU - Poe Dameron (Holiday Special)
KH7P320 - Aayla Secura
XV4WND9 - Admiral Holdo
OKV7TLR - Dengar
SIDIOUS - The Emperor
WBFE4GO - Nute Gunray
Z55T8CQ - Poggle The Lesser
GR2VBXF - Ratts Tyerell
3FCPPVX - Tarkin
SKYSAGA - Temmin Wexley (listed as Snap Wexley for Lego Survey reward)
SHUTTLE - Resistance I-TS Transport ship

Played around three hours and it’s so pretty!

And so dense! Getting everything will take an age. Just going to complete some levels first off, ignore the hubs for the most part and earn that x2 multiplier so the unlocking and free play fun can begin.

Not completely sold on some of the mechanics but think they’ll soon become familiar after a few more hours. As a love letter to a galaxy far, far away though, it’s glorious. And thankfully the playful humour is intact.

This definitely needs a patch or two. Playing on Series X and there is a lot of stuttering, two crashes and loads of issues with coop play - failing to go back into split screen after a cutscene, booting one of the players and also not saving progress so we just had to replay most of A New Hope again. The building can be unnecessary fussy and the character’s head will often obscure the whole screen when aiming with a blaster. 

That said, it’s great fun, obviously made with real love for the films and there is an almost intimidating amount of stuff to do. 

• gospvg changed the title to Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga