IGNORED

Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga

gospvg

Apparently four more capital ships were added to the game in the last update, bringing with them another stack of Kyber bricks to collect. Just in case anyone was feeling like they were running short on stuff to do.

1 hour ago, glb said:

Apparently four more capital ships were added to the game in the last update, bringing with them another stack of Kyber bricks to collect. Just in case anyone was feeling like they were running short on stuff to do.

I'm pretty sure that these were intended to be in the game at launch, as their inclusion brings the bricks total up to a nice round 1200.

1,200?! Just another 150-odd to go!

At least TT kept them in; quite a lot of Clone Wars in the game, wondering if there will be more substantial CW DLC?

I'm hoping for some kind of story DLC for clone wars/Rogue One etc...but I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that they were offering no post launch content save the character packs which seems like a missed opportunity to me. 

Oh that’s a shame if so. Although given how huge the game is, and the reported crunch involved with getting the game over the line, maybe no further content is better for everyone involved.

On 25/05/2022 at 02:21, Varsity said:

I'm hoping for some kind of story DLC for clone wars/Rogue One etc...but I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that they were offering no post launch content save the character packs which seems like a missed opportunity to me. 

Considering this has sold rather well I think, wouldn't surprise me to see a sequel with the side stories taking centre stage (Rogue One, Mando etc).

Just got a really bad bug in this were i cannot load the next part of the story. It is in a infinite loading screen no matter how many times i try. It is the bit were Chewie gets captured and you go to Kijimi.

I was really enjoying the game up to that point.

On 31/05/2022 at 00:01, Sumire said:

Just got a really bad bug in this were i cannot load the next part of the story. It is in a infinite loading screen no matter how many times i try. It is the bit were Chewie gets captured and you go to Kijimi.

I was really enjoying the game up to that point.

There have been a couple of updates this week. Worth trying again to see if the bug has been fixed?

114 hours played and up to 91% now. The end feels in sight! Have a few side missions and puzzles left, but the bulk of what’s left is collecting minikits and completing the level challenges in story levels.

Definitely had my forty squids worth from the game.

I just started playing this with the nipper after it dropped to 30ish quid. Not hit any major bugs yet but there is a guy who follows us around on Coruscant constantly saying ‘A Jedi, here on Bespin?’ Which is equal parts chucklesome and annoying. 

1 hour ago, glb said:

There have been a couple of updates this week. Worth trying again to see if the bug has been fixed?

114 hours played and up to 91% now. The end feels in sight! Have a few side missions and puzzles left, but the bulk of what’s left is collecting minikits and completing the level challenges in story levels.

Definitely had my forty squids worth from the game.

I contacted support, who replied really fast and were very helpful. The workaround was completing one smuggler quest "myknock knock" i think it was then it loaded past the hyspace screen. 

Love the game, the Chewie medal thing is so funny!

And after 123 hours, I finally popped the platinum.

A stupendously dense game, and a must-buy for Star Wars fans. Every aspect of the main saga gets the Lego treatment, and all of it treated the same: reverence and piss-taking in equal measure.

An exhaustive, sometimes exhausting, digital reference book of a game. The non-original trilogy story levels are probably the weakest part, which is a shame, but I can’t say I didn’t get huge value elsewhere.

Now to load up something short and sweet like Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk…

• 2 weeks later...

Grabbed this recently in the sales, my word it's good. Of course, off the back of Odyssey I had planned for something shorter, but :lol:.

Some unfortunate rendering bugs on XB1 and a straight up bug where I started a mission in the wrong ship in Episode II but after a cut scene load it fixed it. Doesn't spoil it in the slightest though.

I'm powering through the story first but can't wait to get stuck in to the open world bits, especially space.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Grabbed this recently in the sales, my word it's good. Of course, off the back of Odyssey I had planned for something shorter, but :lol:.

Some unfortunate rendering bugs on XB1 and a straight up bug where I started a mission in the wrong ship in Episode II but after a cut scene load it fixed it. Doesn't spoil it in the slightest though.

I'm powering through the story first but can't wait to get stuck in to the open world bits, especially space.

Looking back, I’d say completing the story is certainly the way to go, before tackling the free play stuff. As with all Lego games you need to unlock certain character classes to navigate areas. This however takes that to an extreme. Not in a negative way at all, but there is so, so much to unpack.

Depending on your preference, the original trilogy levels are the most ‘classic’ in style, but they’re all pretty fun. It’s a stonkingly huge game.

It’s way more fun as an open world Star Wars collect-em-up once the story stuff is out of the way. 

The planet locations are vast and full of secrets and whilst you can stop and explore during the story missions, it feels wrong as the stories are so familiar. 

Is my save broken? Last story to do, Episode 9, the mission to head to Kijimi to see the droid memory hacker. Shortly after starting the mission to fly there, I get stuck in the hyperspace loading screen. Twice. Tried quitting out and loading again.

Edit - I was able to load the open world Tatooine areas. Quick search suggests it might be an active bug related to your ship towing cargo. I'll try doing that cargo mission and retrying.

• gospvg changed the title to Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga

This can be quirky at times, little niggly things where you're not sure if a bug is stopping you or something else. Still, having a blast!

On the off chance you haven't played this yet, my advice to newcomers is to save all your studs, find data cards (put blue bricks into the general ability to find objects like bricks, ships, minifigs, and data cards) and then buy the studs multiplier on the Extras menu. As there are no red bricks in the game, possibly true of recent Lego titles, I was a bit flumoxed at first and unsure how to quickly save money. Ended up spending it on the characters I wanted, like Fett. Turns out it's tucked away under the Extras menu, though. To quickly save studs to pay for studs multiplier, I found doing random space battles in the free exploration space bits of each planet the easiest. First, shoot the floating blue asteroid for 5 easy bricks, then fly toward the red battle. Do a few of those and command ships warp in, which you can polish off for lots of studs. It really didn't take long to buy x2, x4 and x6 and now at x48 I basically just sneeze and I've got enough studs to buy most chars.

Is ditching the red bricks a recent thing? I honestly can't remember how Lego City Undercover did it.

One thing I'm struggling with - the space races. Some are laid out in a nice track where, once you've found the start, it's easy enough to boost to gold. Some are just random stretches of 3 gates and because the camera is pretty close to the ship I just don't have the field of view and can't do any of them. Annoying, because the combat itself is awesome (and makes me wonder if I should install the EA game).

edit - oh! Extras is where they tucked away the "mumble mode", wish I found that earlier. 

Speaking of bugs, I've completed all 9 episodes, it shows I have, but I did not get the Episode 9 or the whole saga achievements. I'm sure they'll ding when I replay them, but methinks something is creaking a bit behind the scenes.

@TehStu oh the game is barely held together by string and wishful thinking; it boggles my mind how it all interlaces, with so many conditional missions/quests.

A few of those space races are finicky unfortunately. Think a couple took me 3-4 goes but you can use the mini-map to steer to the next gate. Only a few are really tight with time but after a few goes you should get the course. Not sure if the different ships have different stats (e.g. speed) that might make things easier as I pretty much just flew the Falcon and Luke’s X-Wing.

Agree about the studs. Make getting the x2 unlockable a priority. That one and x4 are a bit of a grind, but after unlocking those the studs flow like blue milk in the Cantina when Luke’s got a tab open.

10 hours ago, TehStu said:

Is ditching the red bricks a recent thing? I honestly can't remember how Lego City Undercover did it.

There have been games without red bricks before, but most have an identically working alternative like in Star Wars. LCU had red bricks.

This is really good, but yeah, it's still extremely buggy. I had three glitches in the space of about twenty minutes the other night, all of which required me to restart the level. I like the way that it saves things like kyber bricks and minikits, so you don't actually lose much progress and restarting is normally very fast, but it's a bit shoddy. If nothing else, a couple of times, I've struggled to work out if the game has blocked progress through a bug, or whether I just can't figure out how to progress.

1 hour ago, K said:

This is really good, but yeah, it's still extremely buggy.

You can say this about pretty much every Lego game since the dawn of time.

So much for their new engine, which replicates all their previous engine's bugs and adds some new ones of its own.

I disagree. Perhaps I don't play enough of them, but honestly, I've never experienced issues and a vague, constant feeling of "is it me or the game?" before. It probably doesn't help that this is such a frequent occurrence with games and modern software that it's always in the back of my mind anyway.

13 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I disagree. Perhaps I don't play enough of them, but honestly, I've never experienced issues and a vague, constant feeling of "is it me or the game?" before. It probably doesn't help that this is such a frequent occurrence with games and modern software that it's always in the back of my mind anyway.

I've played every single one, most of them to 100% completion, several of them to 100% completion more than once, and they're *all* buggy. Not all as bad as this, sure, but some are far, far worse. DC Villains and one of the Indy ones in particular were horrible crashy messes, and Marvel Superheroes I'm stuck on 99.9% forevermore as an icon never appeared to collect. Two players doing different tasks in that one screwed up progression a *lot*.

Fair enough. Which led me to looking up whether or not that new engine ever came to fruition and (re?)stumbling across this article:

https://www.polygon.com/features/22891555/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-has-led-to-extensive-crunch-at-tt-games

Forgot that was a thing, wasn't thinking when this popped up on sale. I can't support crunch built into project schedules.