IGNORED

Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga

gospvg

8 hours ago, womblingfree said:

So I gave up trying to get a refund and activated my code. Sent off a complaint to Trading Standards though.

Anyway, been playing this a bit now. Never played a Lego game before. Am I missing something? Hopped about a bit, chopped some droids, collected tens of thousands of Lego pieces. All with zero effort. Basically just walking trom one point to another activating the story, with some vaguely interactive bits. 

Should I be doing anything else?? Like building stuff? 

That about sums it up.

As others have said there's is a lot of stuff to collect. Some only on free play after you've been through the levels once as you'll need different characters to access it.

Inched past 70% completion now. Some of the fetch quests are longer than the prequel story levels!

If there is another Lego game, as enjoyable as this one has been so far, I hope it’s not quite as huge. Back to the Future has always been a series I’d love to see get the treatment.

7 hours ago, deKay said:

There’s a Back to the Future set in Lego Dimensions

Is that the one with the AR/toys thing?

I thought more about a BttF game, and now there’s not much more I want out of life to be honest. Lego Doc Brown! Lego hoverboards! Lego Peeping Tom!

2 hours ago, MoFo2 said:

What is planned for DLC except for some characters? I'm holding out for a "definitive" edition with all the DLC depending on what it is.

Characters is all we know - and there's a Deluxe version with them in it.

I suspect they'll do Rogue One and Solo as DLC though.

9 hours ago, glb said:

Is that the one with the AR/toys thing?

I thought more about a BttF game, and now there’s not much more I want out of life to be honest. Lego Doc Brown! Lego hoverboards! Lego Peeping Tom!

The actual scripted level was really short and a bit disappointing - you did Doc’s house, the barn, the dance and the street with the clock tower. The open world was great though, with four time zones you could jump between (and that would affect each other via some puzzles). 

4 hours ago, Darwock said:

The actual scripted level was really short and a bit disappointing - you did Doc’s house, the barn, the dance and the street with the clock tower. The open world was great though, with four time zones you could jump between (and that would affect each other via some puzzles). 

I think they even got Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd back to do the voices didn't they? Lego Dimensions was the first game I played with my son so it brings back great memories for me. 

With my 6 weeks wallowing in the despair and desolation of Elden Ring now over, I’ve started this. 

1 hour in to New Hope and I have laughed out loud three times. Feels good and is the perfect antidote. 

Obi-wan with the family KFC bucket absolutely ruined me. :lol:

It’s a joyous game. There are so many nods and winks throughout, plus a nice mix of reverence and taking the mick.

Had a few hours this morning after a week’s break. Still got so many puzzles and side missions to complete. And some only unlock once previous ones are completed. It’s so dense!

Star Wars has gone through a bit of a renaissance in our house recently after my 9 year old finally caved and watched the original trilogy with me. He’a now a fan after so many failed attempts. My fandom has been reignited as a result after years of indifference since the prequels killed it for me. Disney+ shows are the best stuff they’ve done for years, even watching all the animated stuff for the first time ….

Anyway….had another hour or so this afternoon and feel like the best way to play this is whizz through the story missions and then come back and take your time exploring in free play? Got distracted with a few side missions but then hit a dead end. 

Han Solo with a lamp shade in his head was another proper lol. 

I started out doing an episode, then mopping up the Kyber bricks for that area, until it became clear plenty of side missions and puzzles can’t be done until all the story episodes are finished. So whizzed through the episodes, which left me with something like 70% of the game still to finish :lol:

Up to 72.something% done now. Roughly taking about an hour per percentage completed. Final tally of time spent with the game will easily be double any other Lego game I’ve finished, probably more like three or four times as long as most of them.

11 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Anyway….had another hour or so this afternoon and feel like the best way to play this is whizz through the story missions and then come back and take your time exploring in free play? Got distracted with a few side missions but then hit a dead end. 

That's what we've been doing. We'd tackle a trilogy's story mode then go back and start collecting other bits. Before long we'd done another trilogy and finished the final one yesterday. Only got about 240 of the 380 characters so far.

Finally finished all the stories and have started the free play stuff now.

Took me several hours just to complete everything on Theed. And that's not even all of Naboo - this game really is gigantic. 

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga:

OIP.CJ7IKM6JMSGSXEk4tq-NBAHaDt?pid=ImgDe

I keep getting sent on galaxy-hopping fetch quests, and then I get distracted and start collecting bricks somewhere new. I think I've only "completed" Kamino and Cantonica so far. Even going back and redoing the levels themselves in free play takes a fair old while. Some of those minikits are very well-hidden indeed. Determined to do it all properly and not use a guide though.

It keeps giving, too. I randomly stumbled across a capital ship for the first time:

Spoiler

Ran into Kylo Ren's Steadfast randomly in the space above Jakku. Thought I'd have a go at taking it down - and it turns out it's a whole extra level with a bunch more bricks to collect! Madness.

I only experienced one bug in the entirety of the 9 episodes of story modes.

But going to free play and they seem much more common.

But anyway, that minor niggle aside, the free play exploring and puzzle solving is so much more satisfying than the story modes which I felt were a tad disappointing (aside from the original trilogy ones which seemed much better).  

I'm finding that I'm on one system and get told to fetch something from another system, so I travel there, and forget what I was originally there to do as I get distracted by another puzzle :lol:

Anyway - I've 100% done Naboo.  Only Tatooine, Yavin 4, Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin, Coruscant, Kamino, Geonosis, Utapau, Kashyyyk, Mustafar, Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base, D'Qar, Ahch-to, Cantonica, Crait, Ajan Kloss, Pasaana, Kijimi, Kef Bir, Exegol and the big capital ships to go!

49 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I only experienced one bug in the entirety of the 9 episodes of story modes.

But going to free play and they seem much more common.

I've had a fair few bugs in story modes and I'm only as far as just finishing episode V at the moment.

A couple of crashes to dash when it was on the space ship on screen loading into a new space area but most of the bugs have been on loading a story cut scene and it either just crashes to dash or the sound plays to a black screen and then nothing further happens so I have to kill the game and restart it.

When story mode is less than 5% of the game, it’s not surprising you come across more bugs in the other bits.

73.78% done!

I’m not going to update with every percentage I reach. Or maybe I am. Maybe 100%ing this game is all that I will do this year. I half-expect a fetch quest that will encompass revisiting every planet in the game, but only at a certain time of day and while playing as a particular character. It’ll take twice as long as has already been spent and be worth one Kyber brick.

This game makes Wookieepedia look like a leaflet.

Weirdest bug today.  Started the first level of episode VIII and after the cut scene the level started in 2 player split screen mode even though I only had one controller switched on.  I've not played the game in 2 player at any previous time so baffling what caused in.  Quitting to main menu and restarting the mission didn't fix it either, I had to totally close and restart the game.

3 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Weirdest bug today.  Started the first level of episode VIII and after the cut scene the level started in 2 player split screen mode even though I only had one controller switched on.  I've not played the game in 2 player at any previous time so baffling what caused in.  Quitting to main menu and restarting the mission didn't fix it either, I had to totally close and restart the game.

Had a couple of instances where I’ve had to restart the game because certain items/characters didn’t spawn, but no random split-screen.

Edged past 82% completed over two longish sessions while feeling poorly this weekend. Keep thinking I’ll get a sense the finish line is nearing but then a whole load of new fetch quests unlock. Obviously the bugs suggest the game is held together by string and best wishes but it’s still a small wonder it’s as robust as it is given how everything is woven together.

And just when I’m feeling a wave of tedium the game honks a new pun or plays a cutscene, gets a chuckle and all is right again.

This is currently on sale on the Xbox store if anyone is interested. It's not a massive discount - £10 off RRP - but I have quite a few reward points saved up, so might give it a shot.

8 hours ago, Boothjan said:

The puppet show quest on Pasaana is really funny :lol:

If you enjoyed that there is another quest that opens up later on in Pasaana that is in a similar sort of vein

• gospvg changed the title to Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga