IGNORED

Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga - Spring 2022

gospvg

I also thought you could jump to any film. Well, you can’t. The first film of each trilogy is available, the others are locked until you complete the others. 

there is a ton to do it looks like

225 minikits

135 challenges on levels

140 side missions

731 puzzles

36 trials

10 challenges

looks like you buy the puzzles with studs. That reveals a rumour, a line of dialogue that must lead to a location or person. Same for side missions and trials

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Is it like the Avengers games where it's just dialogue from the films? Because that felt super clunky in those.

a lot of the same lines, but they have been re recorded I think. And new ones too for all the gags. 

9 classes, 4 upgrades for each with 3 levels in each of them. Then some shared upgrades like extra health.

69 ships to get, 5 capital ships and 45 micro ships, whatever they are. 

tons to do anyway

Right, you don’t need to buy the clues for puzzles. I just completed one by spotting something. The buying is just for when you are stuck.

sorry for the slightly random posts, just noting stuff down as I play 

43 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Played through the first level of a new hope and its great. Looks lovely on the PS5, and the combat is much more satisfying. You can still punch your way through, but the blaster aiming and firing, along with being able to use cover, make it much more fun and feels more modern. The voice acting obviously adds a ton too, its hard to imagine that it was ever not there. Positive start!

8 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

That's good enough for me. Time to cash in some MS rewards points!

Glad the reviews agree with me, I'm having a blast with it. The main levels are connected by hub areas which seem to have tons to do in them, there is a huge amount of content here. Plus there are a few liberties taken with the story to just tighten things up, but they work really well and keep the action moving at a good pace.

Just go buy it if you like Star Wars or Lego games. Its aces.

27 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Most of the time you can retroactively activate the card and it'll register. It's flakey as shit though.

It worked! The force is with me.

3 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

I'm not sure whether to get this on Xbox or Switch. The video's i've seen of it make the graphics look really good, not sure how big of a hit these will take on the switch though.

Someone in a discord I'm on says it's "a tad rough"  on Switch.

Pre-ordered this on Xbox, can't wait to get stuck in. It looks great.

When will it unlock for download? Will it be available to play during the day tomorrow or will I have to wait until 6pm or something silly like that?

3 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Pre-ordered this on Xbox, can't wait to get stuck in. It looks great.

When will it unlock for download? Will it be available to play during the day tomorrow or will I have to wait until 6pm or something silly like that?

Should be out at midnight here (played an hour earlier by doing the New Zealand console region switch) 

Played the first level (started with A New Hope) on Series S.

Looks and sounds great. Looking forward to trying it on the Series X and bigger TV tonight. Should be the perfect evening relaxer.

Feels like a Lego game. I've not played one in a very long time so the change to camera and combat aren't really noticed. It's how I think about the old ones playing even though I know it was not over shoulder.

If anyone else has the PS5 physical deluxe version, let me know how you get on with the DLC code. Its only added the classic character pack for me, not the others that it was supposed to, they are still showing as full price to DL and are not in manage game content.

7 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

If anyone else has the PS5 physical deluxe version, let me know how you get on with the DLC code. Its only added the classic character pack for me, not the others that it was supposed to, they are still showing as full price to DL and are not in manage game content.

I'm having a similar but opposite problem with the digital deluxe version on Xbox, I've got a few character packs (Mando 1, Solo, Troopers and Obi Wan IIRC) but not the others that the store insists I own (and were definitely included in the version I bought).

I wonder whether they're just not all available at launch, although its odd that we've got different ones. Probably just launch day teething trouble.

Anyway, had a quick blast after midnight last night, my fears about fiddly gameplay were unfounded, it's great. But what moof milker designed the menus?

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'm having a similar but opposite problem with the digital deluxe version on Xbox, I've got a few character packs (Mando 1, Solo, Troopers and Obi Wan IIRC) but not the others that the store insists I own (and were definitely included in the version I bought).

I wonder whether they're just not all available at launch, although its odd that we've got different ones. Probably just launch day teething trouble.

Anyway, had a quick blast after midnight last night, my fears about fiddly gameplay were unfounded, it's great. But what moof milker designed the menus?

That sounds right, the others are not available yet. May I think. Am pretty annoyed right now.

18 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Well they completely overhauled the combat but I don't know about the rest of it. I would say if they did that then they've probably made significant changes with the rest of the game.

https://www.techradar.com/features/lego-star-wars-combat-has-been-rebuilt-brick-by-brick

Course, all we need is someone who has it to play it and report back :quote:

Combat is almost the same as before. You can now aim your blasters though, with the shoulder buttons.

17 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Is it like the Avengers games where it's just dialogue from the films? Because that felt super clunky in those.

Some is - so far Brian Blessed and Greg Proops stuff has come seemingly straight from the films. The voice acting from "other people" just for the game is really, really bad.

But there's a Crazy Taxi joke in there so it's all good?

Some in gme unlock codes for you here, all from the physical lego sets. Just added them to my game, all work fine

Spoiler

XV4WND9 - Admiral Holdo

OKV7TLR - Dengar

SIDIOUS - Emperor Palpatine

3FCPPVX - Grand Moff Tarkin

WBFE4GO - Nute Gunray

Z55T8CQ - Poggle the Lesser

GR2VBXF - Ratts Tyerell

C3PHOHO - C-3PO (Holiday Special)

WOOKIEE - Chewbacca (Holiday Special)

WROSHYR - Darth Vader (Holiday Special)

TIPYIPS - D-O (Holiday Special)

LIFEDAY - Gonk Droid (Holiday Special)

KORDOKU - Poe (Holiday Special)

ARVALA7 - Razor Crest (Mando's Ship from Season 1)

SHUTTLE - Resistance I-TS Transport

23 minutes ago, deKay said:

Combat is almost the same as before. You can now aim your blasters though, with the shoulder buttons.

Aiming and being able to take cover changes the combat quite a lot. Also the dodge mechanic and the way you use the force is much more precise. Add in the fact that the camera is now over the shoulder more rather than zoomed out as much I'd say the combat is pretty nicely upgraded.