IGNORED

Lego Star Wars - Skywalker Saga - Spring 2022

gospvg

Just been given an Online Gift voucher through work so going to pre-order this as Currys are doing it for £38.25 with free delivery (use code STARWARS at checkout).  Can't use the voucher it at any of the sites that have the Deluxe Edition with Blue Milk Luke and DLC codes, but I'll end up buying them anyway live

Dispatched! EXCITE! And I don't even like Star Wars!

Just so hyped for a Lego game after three years of not having one.

17 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

Is there a version of this you can buy that includes all the DLC?

The Deluxe edition with the Blue Milk Luke minifig contains 6 character DLC packs, which I assume is all the post release DLC but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

The Deluxe edition with the Blue Milk Luke minifig contains 6 character DLC packs, which I assume is all the post release DLC but I'm not sure.

Thats the one I went for, the only thing I think it may be missing is the classic Obi-Wan which is a digital pre-order bonus

It’s all the main series films, but I assume they’ll do DLC levels based on Rogue One, Solo, etc, if the game is a success. 

2 hours ago, K said:

It’s all the main series films, but I assume they’ll do DLC levels based on Rogue One, Solo, etc, if the game is a success. 

All the spin off stuff, from Rogue One to Mando and Bad Batch, are part of the Season Pass

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld68685-lego-star-wars-skywalker-saga-character-coll-p1166131/?currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuobhpaL19gIVme3tCh2J_wPZEAQYASABEgISs_D_BwE

14 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

I think people are talking about future DLC levels. That's just character packs I think (assuming the link is right as it goes to a character pack, not a season pass).

6 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I think people are talking about future DLC levels. That's just character packs I think (assuming the link is right as it goes to a character pack, not a season pass).

Ah yes, quite! Cheeky bastards are releasing character packs from the spin off shows and films (and original saga characters, which begs the question why these are not included in the base game?) As well as proper DLC based on the storyline from those spin offs.

Just read this article which explains some of it:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/dorksideoftheforce.com/2022/03/08/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-dlc-packs-unveiled/amp/

Reminds me of the Prequel Character DLC pack they released for Lego Star Wars 2 on the 360.

It's rare for me to buy games full whack these days, but making an exception for this. 

Lego Star Wars was my first lego game and played countless ones since. Admittedly it's been a while because they did become quite samey and I did all the IP's I like so ended up just playing em for the hell of it rather than being a fan of the franchise. 

The game looks absolutely huge though, can't wait to get stuck in. Also hoping for future dlc levels but I'm sure I read somewhere they had no plans to support it after launch. Can't find the article though. 

13 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

0E8EFB34-9943-4E30-8EE0-F50F900D1AB1.jpeg.cefccca6cebf1b138e79db70c1c79bf5.jpeg

It definitely wasn’t. 

In terms of the "Lego games". You know, the ones we've had tens of that are all basically the same. Run around, swap characters, hold button to "build" a pile of bricks into a switch/bridge/door/car/motorcycle/camel/etc.

(Not that I know if the Star Wars one was the first but there's a formula Lego games have been in for a few decades now).

12 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

In terms of the "Lego games". You know, the ones we've had tens of that are all basically the same. Run around, swap characters, hold button to "build" a pile of bricks into a switch/bridge/door/car/motorcycle/camel/etc.

(Not that I know if the Star Wars one was the first but there's a formula Lego games have been in for a few decades now).

Lego Star Wars was the first of the ones we know. It was 2005. I was there. I played the demo off the Official PS2 magazine and everything.

I'm old but I'm right.

I just got my deluxe edition. Bit wary about inputting the code for the character packs today as when I put it in it says "this code includes 1 item" and it was the classic character pack. May hold on until the full release tomorrow

3 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Lego Star Wars was the first of the ones we know. It was 2005. I was there. I played the demo off the Official PS2 magazine and everything.

I'm old but I'm right.

Lego Bionicle has the same “Lego game formula” and was 2003.

Lego Island wasn’t the first Lego game  (of any kind) either - there was a Sega Pico game before that.

It's crazy to think that Traveller's Tales last game was Lego Movie 2 which was 3 years ago! Before that it was annual releases of Lego games.

Let's hope Skywalker Saga is the step up this series has needed for a long time.

23 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

It's crazy to think that Traveller's Tales last game was Lego Movie 2 which was 3 years ago! Before that it was annual releases of Lego games.

Let's hope Skywalker Saga is the step up this series has needed for a long time.

I've only played the Star Wars games and a bit of Lego City Undercover on the Switch, all of which I thought were great, except the last one I tried (The Force Awakens) which was horribly over-complicated and fiddly right from the start. It seemed to have lost the simple immediacy of the earlier games that made them so perfect for young kids and/or old men with failing reflexes. So my worry about this new one is that it's more like the latter. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not buying this until I find out!

Played through the first level of a new hope and its great. Looks lovely on the PS5, and the combat is much more satisfying. You can still punch your way through, but the blaster aiming and firing, along with being able to use cover, make it much more fun and feels more modern. The voice acting obviously adds a ton too, its hard to imagine that it was ever not there. Positive start!