Running Man question

choddo

I’m not going to spoiler this as EVERYONE has seen this movie.

Watched it again at the weekend.

Is there a reason why, as the rebels break into the TV studios near the end, Arnie’s love interest decides to bugger off in a different direction, with a group of bods who seem to serve no other purpose and then disappear, and then finds herself alone up against Dynamo?

The film makes very little sense, so best not to worry about it beyond putting her in a moment of peril. 

You might as well ask where they got those shots Whitman, Price and Haddat from to show in that last montage. 

2 hours ago, choddo said:

Is there a reason why, as the rebels break into the TV studios near the end, Arnie’s love interest decides to bugger off in a different direction, with a group of bods who seem to serve no other purpose and then disappear, and then finds herself alone up against Dynamo?

Plot.

Though it is a bit of a weird tonal shift for what was the most cartoonish of a fairly cartoony set of bad guys to suddenly turn into a rapist.

38 minutes ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

Directed by Starsky.

And a plagiat of a french film, "Le prix du danger" - a bit like True Lies...

Whereas Wedlock took the opening sequence of the Running Man and made an entire movie premise out of it.

4 hours ago, squirtle said:

The film makes very little sense, so best not to worry about it beyond putting her in a moment of peril. 

You might as well ask where they got those shots Whitman, Price and Haddat from to show in that last montage. 

They get em off some of the many cameras once they're into the network. ;)

Another plus one for the awesome soundtrack. I often wonder if the Shinra theme from FFVII was inspired by this.

37 minutes ago, Hideous Kojima said:

They get em off some of the many cameras once they're into the network. ;)

Uh-huh. Lucky that they are exactly the same shots that are shown earlier when the bodies are discovered...

2 hours ago, squirtle said:

Uh-huh. Lucky that they are exactly the same shots that are shown earlier when the bodies are discovered...

Haha it's brilliant isn't it. I'll need to double check but in the big reveal broadcast is it not just the exact same footage from the intro i.e shots outside the helicopter and even Arnie's first person point of view? :lol:

"I don't do requests"

Yep. It’s amazing they had so many cctv cameras inside and outside his cockpit.

The surveillance state was just one more thing they insightfully predicted.

God, I unironically love this film. As a kid I always used to drop everything I was doing when it was on telly.

Wasn't until years later though that I saw the uncut necklace explosion - they used to always trim that with a weird cut in the music too, Arnie looking immediately gutted.

On 18/08/2021 at 15:21, Simmy said:

I think Faltermeyer re-used a lot of the Running Man assets in later films. 

The heist music in Beverly Hills Cop 2 is verrrrrrrry similar for instance

BHC2 was released in 1987 which was the same year as TRM. That might be why they sound similar.