GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - ah sh*t, here we go again

SMD

13 minutes ago, footle said:

Which will be entirely sufficient to cover my curiosity about how good it is.

Yep, if it's playable by today's standards and they haven't COMPLETELY fucked the music I'll pick up the pack when it's twenty quid.

I quite like the new lighting and character models. It'd be nice if there were a Halo: Anniversary-style option of switching back and forth, but that aside it looks pretty good.

2 hours ago, robotattack said:

Release date: 6th December.

PS4 and Xbox versions are £54.99 for physical copies.

It seems the Switch and PS5 versions might be digital only.

https://store.rockstargames.com/en/game/buy-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition

Release date: 11th November

Price: £54.99 

It seems the PC, Switch and PS5 versions might be digital only

Physical copies of PS4 and Xbox versions are released on 6th December (on the Rockstar store at least).

https://store.rockstargames.com/en/game/buy-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition

Ed

ited to reflect what @JohnC pointed out to me

Switch physical launches 7th December

Actually a decent looking remaster if the trailer is anything to go by. Hopefully the radio stations have remained uncompromised.  Gone from not interested to kind of intrigued about having this on the Switch. Will wait to see if there’s a physical release. 

San Andreas coming to Gamepass day one is nice. 

I would like to be able to buy vice city separately. I dont want to play 3 again.  

1 hour ago, Flanders said:

I think that looks way better than expected given how much sniffiness there’s been about this release. 

Yeah, as much as I made that Nintendo joke there's more effort here than went into super mario 3d all stars.

Looks okay - mileage as to whether you'd want to play them all through again will vary. I'd probably tool around with Vice City for an hour and have had my fill, I think. I wouldn't be coughing up £55 for the pleasure, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, K said:

I quite like the new lighting and character models. It'd be nice if there were a Halo: Anniversary-style option of switching back and forth, but that aside it looks pretty good.

Yeah I agree, it's got an appealing retro look with modern lighting, a bit like Art of Rally and Lonely Downhill.

I'm actually really excited to go back to San Andreas. I still think of it as my favourite game ever even though it'd be hard to go back to now. This might make the magic recapturabubble.

Fingers crossed about the soundtracks.

If the controls are as modern as they say I'd want to have a go. As I said a few pages back I tried VC again recently and it was like trying to open a packet of crisps with a jellyfish. 

Looks pretty good, but still firmly in the 'wait for a sale so I can mess around with it for a bit' category. Now way I'm going actually play through all those campaigns anyway.

32 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I never thought they'd touch it but it's still jarring to see the old animation of all the characters. And even though they've got fingers the hands are still shovels.

It's interesting to remember they made a big deal out of the individual fingers for the original xbox port, 18 years ago :lol:

video_994.jpg