IGNORED

GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - ah sh*t, here we go again

SMD

The GTA collection is worse value, but sad as it is that people who have never played GTA3 are getting a version which looks like it’s half modded, it’s sadder that people who have never played OOT are getting a version with twitchy controls and input lag.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

The GTA collection is worse value, but sad as it is that people who have never played GTA3 are getting a version which looks like it’s half modded, it’s sadder that people who have never played OOT are getting a version with twitchy controls and input lag.

Unless they're playing it with the N64 controller they're going to struggle anyway. The Switch's standard controllers are pretty poor for the N64 games compared with the dedicated controller they're selling.

6 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Request to change the thread title from

"GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - ah sh*t, here we go again"

to

"GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - sh*t"

The Xbox 360 port of the iOS/Android version of San Andreas was also sh*t, so I think "here we go again" still applies!

2 hours ago, robotattack said:

Man, he's not lying about those black screens in between the cutscenes being long, during the first one I thought my phone had switched off!

That was a fun watch though, I want to play it all over again! It was cracking me up when they tutorialed the food thing, I used to let Carl (CJ) get really fat and then make him run everywhere to lose weight...also 'Salad Meal - $10'. Great days!

this is legit funny, that spinning car crash at 0.30 we burnin' FOO and the motorcycle crash at 1:08 are hilarious. For some reason AI cars will just hit hyperspeed and ram into the player or an NPC for hilarious comedic effect. Check out 3:10 with that ambulance for how random this gets 

Also that Forklift one you would never expect where it goes 🤣🤣🤣

See, I don’t really have an issue with any of that, it mostly looks like the sort of glitches you used to get in the game anyway, especially the funky car physics. With the exception of the breakdancing exploding car, I’ve never seen that before, but if I did I’d consider it a bonus! :sherlock:

2 hours ago, drmick said:

Which game was the Erse reference in?

I'm actually gobsmacked Edge got an Easter Egg back in the day!

Vice City. It's on the table in Tommy's suite in the Ocean View Hotel. I've always assumed it was a playful response to Edge giving GTA III 6/10 (which they later claimed was a mistake and should have been 8/10).

5 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Did you two bring your own nails or do you want us to get you some to help you up on your crosses?

😅

I know, I wouldn’t dare to try and defend it as anything other than a lazy port, but I’m having a right good time. The wonky NPC designs…they just crack me up. It’s adding to the experience.