IGNORED

GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - ah sh*t, here we go again

SMD

I bought mine on the US eShop, so was around £44. I'm planning on running through them in order, so my hope is they patch San Andreas by the time I get there. GTA II could absolutely do with some love - the frame rate is all over the place in handheld - but I'm having a decent time, I have to say. Just destroyed the three laundry vans, so maybe a couple of hours in? 

At just under 15 quid each, I'm okay with the money... but agree that so far it's far from "Definitive".

18 minutes ago, BongoInferno said:

Wow. They left uncompiled code in the PC version which has all the dev comments in it about the mission scripting. They also just toggled off the unlicensed music and left the audio files in. What a shit show.

Ahhh, so that's why they've pulled it from sale on PC.

On 12/08/2021 at 19:26, 5R7 said:

"Now complete with NONE of the songs you remember!!!!, as we've been ripping them out of your completely legitimately purchased digital versions for years!!"

Yeah, fuck that. And fuck Take two for demanding moddb remove mods for the old game!?!

Wanna play em like you remember, PS2 version, emulated...*sigh*

to quote myself from the first page, it now seems pretty obvious why they threatened the mods...they were better!

33 minutes ago, BongoInferno said:

Wow. They left uncompiled code in the PC version which has all the dev comments in it about the mission scripting. They also just toggled off the unlicensed music and left the audio files in. What a shit show.

That guy's Youtube channel is nuts. He does very detailed dives into the technicalities of the GTA games, the bugs, glitches, what gets taken out of various versions when Rockstar keep tampering, and what they fail to remove. He'll have a field day with this, can't wait to see his video about it. 

29 minutes ago, BongoInferno said:

I wonder if they accedentally included a remastered version of Hot Coffee in there! :eyebrows:

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I suspect me being kind to it has a LOT to do with the fact I've just installed it, free, to noodle at between lengthy bouts of Forza Horizon.

I wonder if this may cost them, for the 18 year olds who could theoretically play their first new GTA now legally, GTA5 came out when they were 10.

If, inevitably people are playing a new GTA at 13, they were 5. 

It's not a series to them anymore.  GTA6 is going to have to start from scratch to get anyone under about 25.  And not to say they can't because it'll be hyped to hell but getting away with even the amount of legacy jank 5 still carried might be a lot harder this time around, especially if those kids haven't played 5 but do end up trying this on a gamepass because their parents told them it was their favourite game when they were 20.

GTAV is still a best selling game, it will never drop off peoples radar, GTA I mean. 

10 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Bloody hell that USA Today fluffpiece interview with Rockstar is fucking hilarious.

From what I can tell that USA Today online fluffpiece interview is copy provided to them for free by a "content agency". It's not in USA Today and it's not written by them. It's a close as you can get to an advertorial without it being an advertorial. It's free copy they were happy to host.

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

I think if I had to be that would be "No updates". At least not ones that make a material difference to the look of the thing.

I don't mind the look they've gone for so that isn't really an issue for me.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a few updates aimed at improving performance and patching out stuff like "AR Guitars" and "Escobat Airport". 

That hotdog one is amazing, because they obviously had to manually redo the hotdog graphic, but somehow missed that the text was totally wrong! Or did they not get the joke or what?

The whole idea of AI upscaling is kind of amazing though. This is like putting something through Google translate to do your French homework and not checking the output before handing it in.

Ah man, genuinely gutted about this and hoping it can get patched up and fixed. GTA 3 was probably my last 'wow' moment in games where I just couldn't comprehend it'd offer the freedom and scale of the 2D games in 3D, and then it landed on my doormat (from Chipsworld, wow that's a blast from the past) and lo-and-behold, it was everything I couldn't imagine it being and more.

Was really looking forward to playing it again. Will keep an eye on it and see if they can get things a little more shipshape at some point in the future.