IGNORED

GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - ah sh*t, here we go again

SMD

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/gta-trilogy-definitive-edition-which-music-tracks-are-missing/

This is apparently all the music that's either missing or unconfirmed. "You Dropped a Bomb On Me" by the Gap Band is missing from San Andreas, which is a crying shame as that tune absolutely embodies that game for me - I have fond memories of playing it with a friend the night of release in the truly squalid flat I lived in at the time, and going on an extended car chase / murder spree in the countryside to that tune.

13 minutes ago, K said:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/gta-trilogy-definitive-edition-which-music-tracks-are-missing/

This is apparently all the music that's either missing or unconfirmed.

Cheers. :hat: 

Still not confirmed, but She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult may not be in Vice City. For me, that's the first song that springs to mind when I think of the VC soundtrack. 

23 hours ago, Down by Law said:

It looks like absolute shit. The balls to charge 55 quid for that. Didn't even tidy up any of the animations, looks like tommy breaks his wrist every time he opens a car door and the first person he runs over seemingly flies to the moon

23 hours ago, Down by Law said:

These games deserve way more love than this shameless cash grab

I think it's a bit more than a "shameless cash grab" that looks shit. 

You've got a new lighting engine, new full 3d greenery, models of the characters are updated, a new control system giving it modern shooting mechanics, and loads of other changes and updates. 

The 10 year Anniversary Edition that was just the originals up-scaled for mobile, and then the mobile versions up-scaled for console was a cash grab.

image.png.048051f889a5acd16abc0c58dae681d8.png

image.png.5e095068badf8543de787f7f107c0270.png

I dunno man. I appreciate it's three games,but look at what Take 2 achieved with the Mafia Definitive Edition. Now you have Rockstar (aren't they owned by Take 2?) which have practically unlimited funds and the best they can do is some mobile ports without a consistent art direction? 

qh56b1t9dvy71.jpg?width=440&height=458

What the fuck is this? everyone looks like a cartoon character. 

One of the most influential and best selling games of all time and that's the best they can do?

Vice City with the effort of Mafia DE would have been my dream game

7 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

look at what Take 2 achieved with the Mafia Definitive Edition

Well, that's a remake of the game, not a remaster. A remaster takes original assets and gives them a lick of paint, a remake creates an entirely new game.

While Rockstar certainly have the resources to remake their old games, at no point did they claim that's what they're doing, so there's no sense holding them to that standard.

8 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

I dunno man. I appreciate it's three games,but look at what Take 2 achieved with the Mafia Definitive Edition. Now you have Rockstar (aren't they owned by Take 2?) which have practically unlimited funds and the best they can do is some mobile ports without a consistent art direction? 

qh56b1t9dvy71.jpg?width=440&height=458

What the fuck is this? everyone looks like a cartoon character. 

One of the most influential and best selling games of all time and that's the best they can do?

Vice City with the effort of Mafia DE would have been my dream game

The guy on the right looks fine I think. The guy on the left looks a lot more basic and almost unfinished by comparison. Like comparing a main character to a generic NPC in terms of detail levels.

Well yeah, I know this is no remake and that was only one game, but i'm just saying that maybe they should have gone down that route. The OG GTA trilogy has been available for pennies on every format for decades, and a defintive version that replaces all the characters with cartoons and some 3D foilage with a £55 price tag is rediculous. Mafia DE wasn't even a full price title despite the work that went into it.

This looks like it's worth twenty quid at best. In fact I think i'd rather play the Xbox originals through Back Cat than this, least then you get 99% of the original music, outside of the couple of PS2 only songs. Shame they were never made available that way