IGNORED

GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - ah sh*t, here we go again

SMD

Nothing says "Confidence in our game" than an embargo that lasts until after it's released.

Nothing says "Stupid" like thinking that there aren't going to 500 reviews on YouTube by tonight from people who actually buy games and thus don't give a shit about "embargos".

1 minute ago, Down by Law said:

It looks like absolute shit. The balls to charge 55 quid for that. Didn't even tidy up any of the animations, looks like tommy breaks his wrist every time he opens a car door and the first person he runs over seemingly flies to the moon

Is that bad? Surely the mad early noughties physics wigouts were part of the appeal of the original games.

2 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

It looks like absolute shit. The balls to charge 55 quid for that. Didn't even tidy up any of the animations, looks like tommy breaks his wrist every time he opens a car door and the first person he runs over seemingly flies to the moon

at least one part of it is "free" on game pass or playstation now

7 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

I wouldn't want any of these things altered at all! This is all massively part of the charm and I'd want to games to play and feel as close to the originals as possible! 

Increasing resolution and frame-rate is the priority! Not changing everything like you're George Lucas! 

5 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I wouldn't want any of these things altered at all! This is all massively part of the charm and I'd want to games to play and feel as close to the originals as possible! 

Increasing resolution and frame-rate is the priority! Not changing everything like you're George Lucas! 

Yeah, i can get behind that line of thinking with regards to something like Shenmue I & II which were stuck on the Dreamcast. I'd want the experience to be as close as possible.

But you could play feature complete versions of the original GTA trilogy fine on modern hardware up until about 3 weeks ago when Rockstar pulled those versions, even on console

These games deserve way more love than this shameless cash grab

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Crazy to think this is the first time a mainline GTA game has been released on a Nintendo console. I might get the physical version once it’s confirmed how much of the game, if any, is actually on the cart. 

Chinatown Wars on DS? I know you've written mainline there but it was a fully fledged GTA and bloody excellent with it. 

For me, it's not the resolution, animation, physics or even frame rate that makes me shy away from returning to the older games, it's the controls which have aged the most.

So I'm pretty grateful for the opportunity to give San Andreas a run out on GP and see what they've done there. 

4 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Chinatown Wars on DS? I know you've written mainline there but it was a fully fledged GTA and bloody excellent with it. 

Yeah I meant the 3D ones, Chinatown Wars was good you’re right. I’m surprised they haven’t done GTAV for Switch tbh, that would be easy money. 

10 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

For me, it's not the resolution, animation, physics or even frame rate that makes me shy away from returning to the older games, it's the controls which have aged the most.

So I'm pretty grateful for the opportunity to give San Andreas a run out on GP and see what they've done there. 

San Andreas had much improvements made to the controls, but yeah the original GTAIII was pretty shocking even when it came out. I got used to it but it controls like a dog, especially the shooting. 

23 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

I’d happily pay £20-£25 to play GTA3 with a fresh lick of paint, but I cannae justify £50+ for the entire pack. Hopefully they decide to sell them individually…

PS Now has you covered ;)

11 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It’s weird how Vice City and Sam Andreas are coming to PS now and Xbox Game Pass, respectfully, as individual titles, but you can’t buy them separately. 

I'm pretty sure VC is not included in any of them, 3 for PS and SA for Xbox.

7 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

PS Now has you covered ;)

I'm pretty sure VC is not included in any of them, 3 for PS and SA for Xbox.

Yep, they know which game is the most wanted and holding that back from any of the 'free' releases. 

1 hour ago, simms said:

Is there any benefit to get this package over modding the shit out of the originals?

Yeah you don't have to mod the shit out of them.

VGC have a list of songs confirmed as returning so far and will likely update as more are footage emerges:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/gta-trilogy-definitive-edition-music-list/