IGNORED

Paramount+ now in Europe

JohnC

Doesn’t appear to work on SkyGo? Halo etc. are there when you search via the iPhone app, but the only options are download the show to the Sky box, which defeats the object of the “Go” bit.

Can you download Disney, Apple or Netflix stuff to the SkyGo app? These things are running as apps on the Sky box rather than being a native part of the Sky OS, so that’s probably the difference. 

@jonamokParamount+ is a separate service, like Netflix and Disney+, with its own app, therefore it doesn't download to the box or is accessible from Sky Go.

Halo is only downloadable on the Sky box because it's a Channel 5 show (note it is marked with "Paramount Network" who own Channel 5, and S1E1 is on tonight at 2200)

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Can you download Disney, Apple or Netflix stuff to the SkyGo app? These things are running as apps on the Sky box rather than being a native part of the Sky OS, so that’s probably the difference. 

No, they are set up like Paramount+ as well.  The only integration is with the thumbnails, which simply link out to the app.

1 hour ago, FishyFish said:

Does anyone with a VPN know if you can access the US content?

I don't think you can as they have their own app. While the rest of the world seems to share an international app. They don't seem to recognise each other's login details.

Can / Aus seems to have most of the content that I saw when I previously had the US version. The only major difference I noticed was a couple of shows like Magnum P.I. and the live sport is different. I haven't looked at any content in other regions as I'm not even sure where it's launched at the moment.

I don't have Sky or a sky box but I did re-sub to Now this month for We Own This City and Westworld S4.

If I add a sub to the Sky Cinema tier for a month will I get access to Paramount too does anyone know? Thanks.

@multi I don't think so.  Let me check....

EDIT: See here:

The Paramount+ app will not be available on NOW. However, as part of Sky Cinema’s continued relationship with Paramount, NOW Cinema Members will still be able to stream brand-new Paramount blockbusters through Sky Cinema, whilst continuing to enjoy Paramount’s library of on demand films, at no additional cost.

Access to the Paramount+ app at no extra cost with a Sky Cinema subscription is only available to Sky TV customers. It is not available through other Sky Cinema providers like Virgin Media.

603F3BFF-D3EE-4CD6-A5FF-C43F5F2E767F.thumb.jpeg.35a57c991fa5d0692318eb4b5c21ef53.jpeg

Paramount really flexing their original property muscle with the avatars lol.

In all seriousness the iOS and TV app look slick, and the kids selection looks excellent (there’s a kids mode too).

54 minutes ago, GoblinUK said:

All I wanted was The Amazing Race (which is on the US service) I can’t believe there’s still no way to watch it on any service or channel. 

Likewise. And Survivor.

I did see a tweet saying that they might be being added at a later date though, although how trustworthy it is (or how later a date) I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, MardiganX said:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 doesn’t appear to be on Paramount plus. Am I missing something? I assumed it would be there given it’s been on the US platform for about a month.

I get the impression that there will be a flow of content, rather than everything being there on day one. A bit like how Disney+ was originally all Disney, Star Wars, Marvel and National Geographic stuff initially and then STAR was added and heaps more content. I'm hoping P+ will be similar (and that they add Survivor and The Amazing Race for Chrissakes!).

I'm being dim here aren't I? 

Don't have Sky or anything like that, just an LG TV (it's an OLED) so I assumed I'd be able to download & install a Paramount+ app via the content store on the TV and watch that way.  But there's no app? 

I did notice Amazon were advertising Paramount+ in their app and it now looks like I've accidentally subscribed my wife's prime account to it, but again, I can't see the means to watch anything within prime, when I clicked on it again it said I need to go to https://www.amazon.co.uk/video/paramountplusgb which gives me page not found.

Feel like I need my brain medicine 😕 

25 minutes ago, Tequlia said:

I'm being dim here aren't I? 

Don't have Sky or anything like that, just an LG TV (it's an OLED) so I assumed I'd be able to download & install a Paramount+ app via the content store on the TV and watch that way.  But there's no app? 

The app is on my Samsung TV, so either LG are slow in putting it up, or they don't have it full stop

25 minutes ago, Tequlia said:

I did notice Amazon were advertising Paramount+ in their app and it now looks like I've accidentally subscribed my wife's prime account to it, but again, I can't see the means to watch anything within prime, when I clicked on it again it said I need to go to https://www.amazon.co.uk/video/paramountplusgb which gives me page not found.

Feel like I need my brain medicine 😕 

Yeah you need Amazon Prime and you need to pay £6.99 on top of this.  It's also a "404" for me too.  I think they're getting hammered, the Sky Q app is real slow in bringing up the thumbnails this evening.  EDIT: Actually try this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/adlp/paramountplusuk

33 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 doesn’t appear to be on Paramount plus. Am I missing something? I assumed it would be there given it’s been on the US platform for about a month.

Different country, different distribution contracts.  Someone else has probably got Sonic 2 streaming rights at the moment.

2 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Any reason I can’t use a throwaway gmail account to sign up for the free trial and then use my sky email after it expires?

None - you can use any e-mail address, you don't have to use your Sky one, it's not a prerequisite for linking with your Sky Cinema contract, right now I'm using my usual personal e-mail address.

Yeah, as I mentioned earlier there seems to be no app on the LG app store for it yet. As even paramount say you can download the app on an LG TV on their support page, I can only think it's not passed approval or been submitted in Europe yet since it's still so new.

As a stop gap measure I just navigated to it from the browser, bookmarked it and added to home screen which gives the same effect (sort of) until they release one 

Is fairly recently appeared on Sky Store but the whole incentive of a streaming service is you get access to their new movies early where non-subscribers don’t, like Dr Strange being released on Disney plus today for example. Having its release delayed to maximise sales on other platforms is bullshit.

Oh well, their goes my ‘good value’ feeling out the window before the end of day one. 

12 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Is fairly recently appeared on Sky Store but the whole incentive of a streaming service is you get access to their new movies early where non-subscribers don’t, like Dr Strange being released on Disney plus today for example. Having its release delayed to maximise sales on other platforms is bullshit.

Or it simply wasn't possible to pull it due to the terms that they signed before they thought they were going to enter another market?  Disney+ had the same issue on launch.  WWE had the same issue before they could launch.  Some they can pull, some they can't.  Existing distribution rights don't just disappear the moment they enter a new market, you know.

35 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Or it simply wasn't possible to pull it due to the terms that they signed before they thought they were going to enter another market?  Disney+ had the same issue on launch.  WWE had the same issue before they could launch.  Some they can pull, some they can't.  Existing distribution rights don't just disappear the moment they enter a new market, you know.

I suppose if these distribution rights had been agreed before they knew they were going to launch Paramount Plus then that would be acceptable. But it’s more likely it’s been a decision they made to stagger it. I’m not arguing about there being certain rights that prohibit it. My issue is the rights being setup that way in the first place is bullshit.

We have Sky Cinema- the process by which to get Paramount+ activated on our Sky Q box was not a straightforward one at all. I can't help but feel Sky or Paramount have done that on purpose to stagger the demand.

I had to turn my box off at the wall and restart before it got past that ‘apologies for the delay’ nonsense. After that I was ok but can’t help but feel like I would still be on that screen had a I not reset.

The first 3 episodes of Halo have been fantastic by the way!

22 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I suppose if these distribution rights had been agreed before they knew they were going to launch Paramount Plus then that would be acceptable. But it’s more likely it’s been a decision they made to stagger it. I’m not arguing about there being certain rights that prohibit it. My issue is the rights being setup that way in the first place is bullshit.

Nah, it was always going to be complicated given that Paramount (at least) will have thousands of films out there, and different ways of contracting different companies in different markets to do different things.  It was always going to be complicated, and you'd never get everything to line up perfectly for an arbitrary launch date given the above.

2 hours ago, MardiganX said:

They’ve said that Sonic 2 won’t be coming til some point later in the year, sadly. Hopefully it won’t be too long a wait.