Marvel's Hawkeye

JohnC

23 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

How? Why? On what basis? Serious questions!

It's probably more because I like Jeremy Renner but the Hawkeye character is just so deadpan and a normal guy who just happens to have good aim.

3 hours ago, Delargey said:

Imagine how good he would be with an AK47 instead of a bow. Maybe he can't handle recoil.

Don't be silly! How would he fit those gadgets inside AK-47 bullets? :quote:

• 1 month later...

Well that was good fun! Actually really nice to see something grounded after metaverse/Scri Wanda/Loki.

Felt like the best of the old netflix style shows

Spoiler

Am I the only one who wonders if the Mom killed, or failed to save etc, the Dad? There was a REALLY long time they were both unaccounted for in the intro...

Yep, very much enjoyed that.

Episode 1 was OK, Episode 2 it found its groove, especially when you have Steinfeld and Renner playing off each other.

They have levels of on screen chemistry that Mackie and Stan just couldn't achieve during F&TWS.

Spoiler

Not just me thinking the Mum is the big bad then...

Lots of fun. Great characters, great chemistry. Looks lovely too. So far nails the 'mundane side quest while just trying to get through the day' vibe that My Life As A Weapon pulled off. I watched both episodes this morning, and for the first time ever with any of these shows I feel like watching them again tonight.

The hotel featured in episode 1 is the Lotte Palace where we stayed a couple of years ago. It was nice, if less eventful during our stay. 😀

It’s also the same hotel used as the location where…[Netflix Daredevil Spoiler]

Spoiler

Kingpin is moved to when he engineers his release from prison in Daredevil S3.

Thought this was good fun.

6 hours ago, MansizeRooster said:

I don't understand why this has been getting sniffy reviews. Those two episodes were great.

every new programme gets sniffy reviews nowadays…

Honestly think they should send an entire series to reviewers before they pitch their oar in for hot takes. If a programme doesn’t have a GoT S1E1 setup and cliffhanger, it’s deemed as disappointing. 

loved the first episode of this after getting really disappointed with Loki and  Falcon and the Winter solider. 

4 minutes ago, Gabe said:

What's the release schedule for this? The first 2 episodes are available and then they are weekly or what? 

Two more in december. :coffee:

edit: I am kidding. One a week now. I'm pretty sure the Disney+ app states this. It does for Dopesick: "New episode every wednesday"

Was it just me or was the 4K quality of this pretty poor?  Overly dark in places and quite washed out.  Thought it was my settings at first then switched to Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (which is in some super IMAX UHD or whatever) and my eyes melted at the amazingness of the picture.

Something that struck me was a really unnatural bit of dialogue where they referred to the 'Head of Organised Crime in New York', a term that screamed we're trying to obfuscate a later reveal… gee whiz I wonder who that could be.

That's a rhetorical question by the way,