Marvel's Hawkeye

JohnC

To Vulgar Monkey's question

Spoiler

He's tough because all his clothing is some sort of super strong but incredibly light Kevlar type material (gets brought up in the Daredevil series). The strong bit, erm... he's always been pretty strong but he's not been rip the door off your car strong till this.

1 hour ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

As someone unfamiliar with him

Hide contents

is there a specific reason he is so strong/tough, or does he just have an unusually large character-shield?

And speaking of shield, is the implication that the watch was just a sentimental thing?

Spoiler

They’ve upped his power for this. 

In Daredevil he was definitely strong but not super humanly so, just beat your face in strong. He smashed someone’s head in with a car door, but he didn’t rip it off its hinges! 

His clothing is reinforced with special Kevlar type stuff, which is what Daredevil’s suit then gets made out of in the show. 

3 hours ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

As someone unfamiliar with him

Hide contents

is there a specific reason he is so strong/tough, or does he just have an unusually large character-shield?

And speaking of shield, is the implication that the watch was just a sentimental thing?

2 hours ago, Alask said:

To Vulgar Monkey's question

Hide contents

He's tough because all his clothing is some sort of super strong but incredibly light Kevlar type material (gets brought up in the Daredevil series). The strong bit, erm... he's always been pretty strong but he's not been rip the door off your car strong till this.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Hide contents

They’ve upped his power for this. 

In Daredevil he was definitely strong but not super humanly so, just beat your face in strong. He smashed someone’s head in with a car door, but he didn’t rip it off its hinges! 

His clothing is reinforced with special Kevlar type stuff, which is what Daredevil’s suit then gets made out of in the show. 

1 hour ago, Mortis said:

Hide contents

Let’s just assume he’s a variant of the Netflix one - it allows us to have the same actors and redo the origins of Kingpin and Daredevil without the baggage.

They simply made him more like the original comic book version.

Spoiler

Afaik the Netflix shows are unrelated to the MCU. This version of Kingpin is more comic book accurate in terms of looks (same outfit as the comic book version, same walking cane) and also in terms of strength. The comic book version is able to go toe to toe with Spider-Man, while the Netflix version was just a dude.

6 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Hmm..

Hide contents

Donofrio is fucking amazing and I'll be pissed if they did actually kill him off. Dude should be leading a Sinister Six like organisation in the next Spiderman film.

Spoiler

I wouldn’t think they’ll kill him off - it’s why the shot is offscreen. 

Yup

Spoiler

No body means not dead. That the rules

Really great season, finale episode was full of great moments both on the action and emotional front.

The post credit was a load of arse though. They could have at least 

Spoiler

shown Yelena watching it or something. 

Also why is Antman part of the team in this musical now? He wasn't at the start of the show when Clint was watching it.

Absolutely loved Hawkeye from start to finish. Great fun, funny in the right places, sad in the right places. Two for two with Loki in terms of a Marvel show actually sticking the landing too!

Bit gutted I won't get to stick my telly on for an hour of Clint and Kate bantering next week. Lovely stuff.  

1 hour ago, Mortis said:

Hide contents

I wouldn’t think they’ll kill him off - it’s why the shot is offscreen. 

Apparently

Spoiler

Kingpin being shot by Echo is a comic storyline, and he definitely doesn't die there

Re: Kingpin's powers

Spoiler

In the comics he is stupidly, stupidly strong - the one I remember is on Frank Miller's Daredevil run and there's a door DD can't open and only trick is that Kingpin just has this big ass door because no one else is strong enough to open it.

He's much better as a schemer though, and the character doesn't work unless he generates some wins or at least pyrrhic victories for the good guys. Hoping we'll see more of that later.

The weirdest thing about the finale…

Spoiler

Jack stole the show with his sword fighting and general swagger all the way through the madness :lol:

Didn’t quite have the gravitas that I think it was aiming for toward the end but still handled well and great fun. 

I agree that the portrayal of Kingpin here is a bit of a let down- I'd love to know what those who saw none of the Netflix shows thought of it.

Renner is much lighter, and Cox is a good bit heavier in that last action sequence- but I've no idea if that means it was filmed way before or way after the rest of the series! My guess is way before (Renner got lockdown weight, Cox followed the Hollywood actress diet regime, and her prosthetic was much more obvious).

That was a great finale to a fantastic series - definitely the best, and all down to the great characters and performances. 

Agreed that I would have liked to see more of the cunning and ruthlessness of a mob boss who can rip car doors off with his bare hands - but I’ve a feeling this little cameo isn’t the last we’re going to see if the Kingpin!

Re: the mid-credits scene - I absolutely loved it! I can’t believe they wrote a broadway musical song for this show, it’s so camp! 

Edit - I also really appreciate that the big fight scene was really just an excuse to invent a bunch of trick arrows and show them off, that was fantastic. And the tracking shot(s) of Kate and Yelena fighting through the office building was good fun too. 

Must admit I was expecting another twist from last week as 

Spoiler

I didn’t buy that Yelena had actually - in an absolutely massive coincidence - been hired to kill Clint by Kate’s mum (or indeed anyone else) when she just happened to have a personal vendetta against him, and thought she was making it up in a “want to harm Hawkeye’s friends” way or something.

14 minutes ago, AstroBot said:

@MrPogo

Hide contents

Doesnt that link with the end of Black Widow.  Someone hired the organisation that then assigned her to the task.

Oh, I thought they were totally unrelated;  

Spoiler

mysterious-but-presumably-evil-woman-who-must-have-some-sort-of-larger-agenda turns her against Clint, and in a completely separate turn of events she just happens, out of all the assassins in the world, to be the one that gets hired to kill him, having not chosen to act on her hatred until that moment. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wtf am I going to watch on Wednesdays now. 

Stuck the landing indeed. And I think I laughed at every trick arrow used. 

Yelena and Kate just had great chemistry and I hope we see them together a lot more in the MCU. 

Spoiler

The fucking owl grabbing the tiny van 

Had me laughing my ass off. 

4 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Loved it. For me, the whole series had the perfect tone for the MCU.

Only one question. What’s the deal with watch?

I have the same question.

I know that

Spoiler

It's the shield logo on the back but don't know what the engraving was? Was she in shield or something?

5 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Loved it. For me, the whole series had the perfect tone for the MCU.

Only one question. What’s the deal with watch?

Watch spoiler 

Spoiler

It was his wife's and proved she was an agent of shield and the whole thing was about him protecting her as well. 

I believe there's chatter on the internet that's she's Mockingbird

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

Hmm..

Hide contents

Donofrio is fucking amazing and I'll be pissed if they did actually kill him off. Dude should be leading a Sinister Six like organisation in the next Spiderman film.

It's exactly what happened in the comics. Spoiler:

Spoiler

He survives but

Spoiler

Is blinded