IGNORED

Halo Infinite Technical Test Thread 29th July - 1st August

Transient Curse

Not registered yet? https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-insider

AFAIK the start and end times haven't been revealed, merely the dates. 

Invitations have been going out throughout the day. 

Post your gamertags, impressions and clips here.  Don't post your "oh lol, it looks like Halo Reach on the 360"'s here. 

Techradar: "Here's what you need to know"

Halo Infinite’s first technical preview for its standalone multiplayer component is happening soon, and will allow participants signed up to the Halo Insider program a chance to test the game out against AI bots.

The tech preview will begin on July 29, running through the weekend until August 1, and will feature the team deathmatch-centric Slayer mode against teams of bots. Bots are a first for the Halo series, but developer 343 Industries warns that the bots “certainly aren’t pushovers.”

In addition to fighting bots across three Slayer maps, players will also have the chance to try out Halo Infinite’s Weapon Drills. That’s a more fancy way of saying you’ll be able to test a mode that lets you try weapons and learn how they work before entering a real firefight with them. It’s another first for Halo, and makes a ton of sense considering how weapon variety can be the key to success in multiplayer.

Sneak peeks at the Battle Pass system, UI and menus round out this rather expansive technical preview, and they’re all things 343 is looking for feedback on, too. The preview will feature a paired down version of Halo Infinite’s Battle Pass, as well as a "small fraction" of customization options for your Spartan.

https://www.techradar.com/news/halo-infinite-multiplayer-beta-kicks-off-july-29-heres-what-you-need-to-know

Yep, stuck in pending for me as well. Initial thoughts from watching the streams..

Movement is clunky like a dumbed down H5.
Strafing is the fastest strafe on any Halo to date.  
It plays a bit like Halo Reach and Halo 5 combined.

Sniping according to Snipedown is harder than ever.
Guns Sound really good.

24 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Yep, stuck in pending for me as well. Initial thoughts from watching the streams..

Movement is clunky like a dumbed down H5.
Strafing is the fastest strafe on any Halo to date.  
It plays a bit like Halo Reach and Halo 5 combined.

Sniping according to Snipedown is harder than ever.
Guns Sound really good.

It looks like they've listened to the pro's with regards to hover, shoulder charge, ground pound etc. So will be interested to see if it translates to a better game overall.

I liked what I saw of the gameplay stream though. The clunkiness of it kind of feels right to me for some reason. Can't wait to try it out proper... Half day Friday...

Just now, Wallace said:

It looks like they've listened to the pro's with regards to hover, shoulder charge, ground pound etc. So will be interested to see if it translates to a better game overall.

I liked what I saw of the gameplay stream though. The clunkiness of it kind of feels right to me for some reason. Can't wait to try it out proper... Half day Friday...

Yeah I agree it does look good and there will definitely be a decent skill gap with how fast the game plays. Installing now so will be playing in about half an hour :omg:

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

Thankfully Halo has is alive and well and now called Destiny.

U wot!? 

Anyhoo, i have the initial download but it says it needs an update I can’t get at the moment :( anyone else?

Edit: have th update now, stand down guardians

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

U wot!? 

Anyhoo, i have the initial download but it says it needs an update I can’t get at the moment :( anyone else?

If it was a 280mb download, delete it. Quit the insider hub, go to the guide, power, restart console.

Boot insider hub again and go to halo - see in store and download again.

You should get the full file this time.

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

Thankfully Halo has is alive and well and now called Destiny.

Destiny's good when it's good but it doesn't scratch nearly the same itch as Halo. Destiny PVP is great for testing out your awesome weapons against real people and levelling up your character. The meta is mad unbalanced, as it should be for that kind of thing. Halo's always been about that balance. You don't improve your weapons, you don't improve your character, everyone's on the same level playing field and it's all about being the best. I love that about it, there's nothing else like it really which is why I'm so excited about Infinite. 

10 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Hey, mine hasn't downloaded yet :lol:

At least you have hope of playing it 😭

The Bots seem pretty decent to be fair - i went in thinking they would be like Fortnite bots and quickly had to knock that plan on the head!!

58 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Not the best start to this and yes its a ‘beta’ but the game hard locked mid match and now when i load it my account is not authorised to play the game….

That's the thing though, it's not a 'beta' and they've been quite careful not to call it that. It's a tech test, and almost certainly won't be as stable a build as a proper beta demo.