EFL Championship 2021/22

Ork1927

It's outrageous that the big six face no repercussions for trying to ruin football for everyone and in fact can spend hundreds of millions on players because points deductions would upset their global fanbase in Jakarta or whatever.

But Championship clubs and below and their fans are fair game for the most stringent sanctions.

I wasn't clear on the reporting. I know they were looking at -9 this season for the ongoing financial reporting shenanigans but is this an additional -12 9n top of that? How is anyone supposed to deal with that?

It was probably a case of putting the club in administration now, knowing they're probably already getting relegated after the first points deduction, so they don't start next season on -9 or -12, it whatever it is. 

Reading have been a fucking mess since John Madeski sold the football club to a dodgy Russian, we have wasted millions on over-priced crap and just as much on silly wages for players that didn’t deserve them.  If it wasn’t for the academy consistently producing decent players, we would have been relegated years ago and probably gone bust.

Reading The Athletic article on Derby it's clear that they've been taking the piss in terms of the rules around declaring losses and providing financial accounts and the EFL are wanting to come down hard on them for it.  For the first time in years I've got sympathy for Wayne Rooney, who must wonder what the hell he's got himself into.

The surprising thing for me is that Mel Morris (the owner) has apparently lost £200m of his own money and he's managed to do it in just six years.  If you ever wanted to know why millionaires take out loans / leveraged buyouts to buy football clubs, this is why.

Meant to post this at the time, but the Derby news came at the same time that Man Utd, who got practically all the Premier League and Champions League money available to them and is way ahead of everyone else, still managed to lose £90m in a season, thereby proving that they need the European Super League to make a profit.  Football is not a sane business.

44 minutes ago, Baring said:

I reckon Derby will have a good shout at surviving that deduction. 

Unless they are out of admin before January they won't as the administrators will sell any assets to repay creditors. That means players. 

It happened to Plymouth Argyle in League 1. We sold Yannick Bolasie to Bristol City for £20,000 with no sell on clause. Amongst lots of youth players our first team was dismantled. 

Derby will go down unless someone comes in very quickly and underwrites their debts.

Cov play Peterborough tonight, looking to make it 5 home wins out of 5 against a team who've lost every away game up to this point, our biggest crowd of the season so far with even the possibility of going top of the Championship exactly four years after we were hovering around the top six in League 2.

If my lifetime of Cov support has taught me anything, this has 1-0 to the Posh written all over it

8 hours ago, wullie said:

Cov play Peterborough tonight, looking to make it 5 home wins out of 5 against a team who've lost every away game up to this point, our biggest crowd of the season so far with even the possibility of going top of the Championship exactly four years after we were hovering around the top six in League 2.

If my lifetime of Cov support has taught me anything, this has 1-0 to the Posh written all over it

The result was never in doubt*, not even when our ex striker got a last minute disciplinary reprieve clearing him to play against us.

* it had home loss written all over it.  

On 24/09/2021 at 22:18, AfromB said:

The result was never in doubt*, not even when our ex striker got a last minute disciplinary reprieve clearing him to play against us.

* it had home loss written all over it.  

The whole first half I thought 'last minute JCH winner' but what a seven minute spell in the second half, it almost turned into a pre-season friendly after that it was so comfortable. Expecting a tougher few tests this week though

On 25/09/2021 at 17:01, Ork1927 said:

We were due to get a bit of a beating off someone m, but wasn’t expecting to ship 5 today to Blackburn.

3 losses on the spin and West Brom at home Tuesday.

Thats McCarthy gone (or you'd hope so), but we are in the shit regardless.

We've Shown nothing tonight and West Brom didn't play 4-0 good, but easily won 4-0.

Forgot to say we played 5 centre backs so that worked well.

On 27/09/2021 at 13:19, wullie said:

The whole first half I thought 'last minute JCH winner' but what a seven minute spell in the second half, it almost turned into a pre-season friendly after that it was so comfortable. Expecting a tougher few tests this week though

We were obviously saving it all up for an extra special old school performance against Luton tonight. 

Bloody hell, really wasn't expecting that! The trick to our success appears to be going in 1-0 down at half-time, that's seen for 3 of our 6 home wins already. Godden's ball for Gyokeres' second was unbelievable, even if I suspect it was just a bit of a punt

I've got no clue how we lost to Reading today. 

Hoilet, of course, scored for Reading and didn't celebrate and that is pretty much all they did.

Ref was poor and Reading did an insane amount of shithousing and timewasting leading to 10 minutes injury time in the second half.

We played a lot better than the last few games - attempted to actually pass the ball and it felt like we were very hard done by. 

But, we've lost 5 on the trot and only scored 1 goal in those games.

Next game is Swansea away in what is going to be the lowest placed Championship clash between us since we both got back up to the second tier.