IGNORED

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve)

QuackQuack

I really hope there's no sleazy crap about Gabe I've missed seeing over the years because even though that's clearly just a publicity stunt it is pretty awesome.

2 hours ago, Uzi said:

Gabe could be delivering it! (in spirit)

A surprisingly high level of mask compliance there, which might suggest staging, but also could just be selective editing.

I most enjoyed the woman who had no idea who Gabe was.

2 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

A surprisingly high level of mask compliance there, which might suggest staging, but also could just be selective editing.

I most enjoyed the woman who had no idea who Gabe was.

Untitled.png.3e5da01888126d68aced9c70ae23ba55.png

1 hour ago, Unofficial Who said:

If you haven't already play the free demo Aperture Desk Job. It's a reminder of when Valve were firing on all cylinders when they were releasing games years ago.

Played through it on Lunch. A really great way to introduce the steam deck controls and hilarious in places

15 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

I'm definitely going to need a fat SD card...

I'm saving up for a speedy 1TB card. This is all getting quite expensive.:unsure:

Out of interest, what courier delivered, if UK people are getting these? And was there tracking included?

All these deliveries are making me look forward to seeing YouTube people fuck around and find out about all the unsupported games. Current coverage is alright, but it's very limited compared to the vast amount of feedback mass produced units can provide.

32 minutes ago, Siri said:

Out of interest, what courier delivered, if UK people are getting these? And was there tracking included?

All these deliveries are making me look forward to seeing YouTube people fuck around and find out about all the unsupported games. Current coverage is alright, but it's very limited compared to the vast amount of feedback mass produced units can provide.

GLS from Holland and then Parcelforce in the UK. Tracking was sent through first thing. 

TIL: people have been developing more compatibility layers, which you can download and use alongside Proton.

- Luxtorpeda, which forces the game through a native Linux port/patch if it has it,

- Boxtron, which forces games to run through a native Linux version of DOSBox, and

- Roberta, which forces games to run through a native version of ScummVM.

You can get them all through ProtonUp, which will be everyone's first port of call when they want to move beyond deck verified games.

Here's someone demonstrating it on one of my all-time favourite PC games: 

https://youtu.be/aSXH3RwnqB4

(If it doesn't embed, it's Unreal Tournament 99) 

4 hours ago, Jamie John said:

How quickly is it to pick up and play? Is it like the Switch in that you just press the on button, then A and you're back in where you left off?

Yep.  

When you're in a game, just press the power button and the Steam logo gives you a little wink and the screen turns off.  When you wake it back up, you get a triple beep and you're straight back in.  Super fast (in Persona 4 that I just tested it with, anyway).

6 hours ago, Mitchell said:

Yep.  

When you're in a game, just press the power button and the Steam logo gives you a little wink and the screen turns off.  When you wake it back up, you get a triple beep and you're straight back in.  Super fast (in Persona 4 that I just tested it with, anyway).

Excellent.

Anybody know if its possible to download games while in suspend mode or does it always have to be on?

I started XCOM2 downloading last night before bed, put it in suspend and woke up this morning to no game installed. 

39 minutes ago, Dukesy said:

Anybody know if its possible to download games while in suspend mode or does it always have to be on?

I started XCOM2 downloading last night before bed, put it in suspend and woke up this morning to no game installed. 

Reviews said it has to be on fully powered for now and that they are working to patch this