Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK

QuackQuack

2 hours ago, wavey said:

Nice one, same here! Apologies if this has been discussed to death, but for the UK what kind of time frame is it from getting a tracking number to delivery? (I'm not even sure which country they're being sent from!)

I got my email last Monday, ordered ASAP and received the unit on Friday

I found the ParcelForce email in my spam folder. :facepalm:

But hey, it's coming tomorrow! Now to see if I can work from home.

EDIT: Working from home is go! I'd like to say this was so I could sneakily try it out while working, but in reality it's to ensure it doesn't get delivered into a bin or something.

Been playing a bit of Wave Race: Blue Storm on Dolphin today. Looking back, I think this game may have been unfairly maligned. It looks nice, the handling is pretty sharp (though misses some of the intricacies of the N64 version) and it has the feel of a Sega racing game, with some interesting track design like boulders falling into the sea and containers appearing in front of you in a storm. The music is shit though and the AI likes to rubber band a bit. 

On 02/07/2022 at 17:46, Hitcher said:

You have 06 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes and 38 seconds of orders to go until it is your turn

5 days later -

You have 06 days, 17 hours, 02 minutes and 09 seconds of orders to go until it is your turn

Something's not right!

Super early hardware impressions are that it's very nice. It's surprisingly light for its size, and I think more comfortable to hold than the Switch with the Hori Split Pad. It feels well made too.

I'll try and have a quick go over lunch. :D

Oh, and I was surprised that the box was literally just the plain cardboard box it was shipped in, with all the branding on bits of card inside. Valve clearly aren't intending to sell these in any stores anytime soon.

Okay, so I know this has been answered a number of times but to save me having to go back through many pages…

How long does it usually take between receiving your email and it turning up at your door? I’m literally moving to another country at the end of the month and it would be great to not have to faff about with having it delivered to a different region. There are only 8 minutes of orders left before mine and it was at 2 and a half hours last week so I’m guessing it’s imminent.

13 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I'll try and have a quick go over lunch. :D

If you like it, you'll probably be doing that every lunchtime.

At least, it's been the case for me since I got it, and steadily banging out ace medals on Neon White.

Anyway, went a bit mad because of the Steam Sale and ended up with a bunch of ancient JRPGS and.. Cruelty Squad. Cruelty Squad works out of the box and the community control scheme makes sense (the game has a bizarre reloading mechanic which is handled on the deck by dragging the touch pad down), but it's mad as a box of frogs and I'll have to sit down with it to really comprehend it.

And then I saw Persona 4 Ultimax was 15 quid on Fanatical, and then got upsold on two mystery keys :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Mystacon said:

Okay, so I know this has been answered a number of times but to save me having to go back through many pages…

How long does it usually take between receiving your email and it turning up at your door? I’m literally moving to another country at the end of the month and it would be great to not have to faff about with having it delivered to a different region. There are only 8 minutes of orders left before mine and it was at 2 and a half hours last week so I’m guessing it’s imminent.

About 7 days, give or take a day.

1 minute ago, Mystacon said:

I got my email last Thursday and my Deck arrived today, so exactly one week in my case.

Just now, Mogster said:

I got my email last Thursday, and my Deck arrived today, so exactly one week in my case.

Cool, cheers. Fingers crossed I’ll get that email soon then!

1 minute ago, Siri said:

And then I saw Persona 4 Ultimax was 15 quid on Fanatical, and then got upsold on two mystery keys :facepalm:

Persona 4 is high on my list of stuff to play on the Steam Deck, but I think Yakuza Kiwami 2 might be first up. :D

If you install Epic or GOG games using Heroic, do they still support all funky usual Steam OS stuff like suspend/resume, FPS caps and the like?

I'm just wondering if there's any reason to rebuy anything on Steam for the sake of better features.

14 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Which ones? 🫣

Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Resonance of Fate HD. Both are historical lows, and it's always a risk that's as low as they'll go before they're forgotten in later sales.

I keep looking at Left Alive for a fiver, but I haven't gone for it yet, and that's not really an RPG even when it's linked to Front Mission. And, well, there's a bloody good reason it's a fiver, but I am morbidly interested in how shit it is..

It's here! Lovely piece of kit and as others have said, surprisingly light and comfortable to hold. All the potential and so far I'm most excited to play American Truck Sim 😳

IMG_0367.JPG

• Kryptonian changed the title to Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK