IGNORED

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK

QuackQuack

3 minutes ago, NickC said:

People talk about buying games on Steam using bundles. Do you find bundles in the Steam store? If not, where do you find them?

Not typically on the store.

The classic is "Humble Bundle". They have a set of bundles pop up over time. They also have a rolling monthly subscription for a set of games each month.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

5 minutes ago, NickC said:

People talk about buying games on Steam using bundles. Do you find bundles in the Steam store? If not, where do you find them?

Humble
Fanatical

Indiegala

Plus others, but those will cover plenty. 

4 minutes ago, NickC said:

Humble Bundle which a few years ago used to have regular bundles for a tonne of games for a few pounds. They still have some good ones now and again like the current capcom one:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-summer-2022-bundle?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_capcomsummer2022bundle_bundle

These days I use Humble Choice for get around 10 games a month for about £8. If I don't like the games on offer, I skip that month and it costs nothing. 

There were other sites like indiegala and stuff but I've not used them in years

3 minutes ago, NickC said:

There are bundles on the store at times - offered for example as a bundle of games in a series (like resident evil) or a bunch of games from one publisher (like Annapurna interactive) or the same developer (loads). There’s also humble bundle regularly offering some silly value deals with the option to pay extra to donate to charity. 

Note: some of the bundles might seem like good value but you can find that you’ll save more money by buying individual codes from different vendors (like greenman gaming or cdkeys or shopto), and sometimes the bundle might look like great value but really you’re just getting a lot of bunk. You might also find that buying a bundle on humble bundle they might run out of codes for certain items and you’ll have to wait until they get more (your deal will still be honoured)

As far as I know, you can only get refunds on games bought directly from the steam store.

23 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

For a noted fiddler (tech wise at least) and someone struggling as much as I am financially why don’t you find out and if it’s still working do this all the time? So long as it ain’t a Crypto style drain on humanity I’d be running whatever it is on ‘Da Deck’ whenever I can, put the thing in low power mode and get on it so you can surround yourself with those fabled £75 notes man.

Lots of options...

https://www.google.com/search?q=auto+collect+steam+cards&oq=auto+collect+steam+cards&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i22i29i30l2.9669j0j7&client=ms-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

58 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Just a heads up especially for @Ryall Amazon games are DRM free so I tested with Battle Chef Brigade and Baseball Stars 2 and both worked with Proton Experimental. 

image.thumb.png.2b3975dff5c5d9351d21394957415f55.png

and with custom art

image.thumb.png.4d4adeb75f09159ab7b6e6eea256c13a.png

How do you play them on the deck though? I assume they are not steam codes?

34 minutes ago, Ry said:

How do you play them on the deck though? I assume they are not steam codes?

Nope, install on PC, drag them to a folder of your choosing on the Steam Deck and add to Steam as a non-steam game. 

Edit: @RyI'll do a tutorial video of the process if you want. 

46 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Nope, install on PC, drag them to a folder of your choosing on the Steam Deck and add to Steam as a non-steam game. 

Edit: @RyI'll do a tutorial video of the process if you want. 

I don't have a PC buddy so can't do it anyway. 

3 hours ago, Uzi said:

Yep. And you get paid in steam credit. I reckon in total I've made around £400 steam credit in steam trading cards overall?

I’ve listed a trading card for 30p.

6B8A069B-4451-4B83-909B-D432513C0230.jpeg

I got neon white, it plays very well. There’s no rumble or haptics though. I know the steam deck haptics aren’t the best but do a lot of games with controller support typically not have any rumble?

7 minutes ago, alex3d said:

Can I play the free-for-play version of Fall Guys on Steam Deck? Last time I tried to get the EGS working it didn't work.

If you already own it on Steam then yes. 

Not sure about the EGS version through Heroic. 

The vital thing in the proton easy anti cheat needs to be installed.

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Steam related: can someone, anyone update the Rllmuk group logo?! :P

That's something we can't fix, none of us own the group :lol:

Are any of the group admins even on Steam any more? One's called Gerbik, so I presume that's @Mr. Gerbik

18 minutes ago, Siri said:

That's something we can't fix, none of us own the group :lol:

Are any of the group admins even on Steam any more? One's called Gerbik, so I presume that's @Mr. Gerbik

Wait wait - wut? Really? I'd totally forgotten about this :lol: I'm not on Steam much these days but my account has like 900 games on it so of course it's still active. Tell me which pic I should use and I'll happily update it this evening.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Wait wait - wut? Really? I'd totally forgotten about this :lol: I'm not on Steam much these days but my account has like 900 games on it so of course it's still active. Tell me which pic I should use and I'll happily update it this evening.

I think Stu offered a vector drawing to make an icon that matches what we got on the forum in the Steam Group page about this issue. Having a quick look online, I should be able to shove it into GIMP and get a usable PNG.

@TehStu, do you mind firing that to me if you still have it? If not, let me know who to contact. Ta!

22 hours ago, Uzi said:

Yep. And you get paid in steam credit. I reckon in total I've made around £400 steam credit in steam trading cards overall?

Thanks for the necro Uzi!

Yep, I reckon I've made about the same amount automatically farming and selling cards over the years. About two years ago I put everything I own onto the auction house automatically and I've had tens of thousands of email alerts since telling me I've sold an item. They're still trickling in almost daily now.

1 hour ago, Siri said:

I think Stu offered a vector drawing to make an icon that matches what we got on the forum in the Steam Group page about this issue. Having a quick look online, I should be able to shove it into GIMP and get a usable PNG.

@TehStu, do you mind firing that to me if you still have it? If not, let me know who to contact. Ta!

Yup, I've got the source vector file and can make a PNG from it. Just let me know the max dimensions.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Yup, I've got the source vector file and can make a PNG from it. Just let me know the max dimensions.

Should be the same as Steam Avatars, from quickly creating a new group to try out as I'm no admin - Square, 1024kb limit, but at least 184 x 184, please!

Right... I didn't know Remote PLay Anywhere was a thing. Does that work with Steam Deck also? Could I technically Install a game like A Plague Tale on my main PC and play it streamed to the Steam Deck whilst at the coffee shop? It seems to suggest you can do that on mobile/tablet, but doesn't specifically mention Steam Deck

Edit: Just tested using my phone Wifi for the a hotspot on the Steam Deck and managed to Stream Elden Ring. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I just tried it with a temporary new picture and turns out I can change it from the Steam app on my phone! So I can do it whenever the PNG is ready.

You have PM!

edit - apparently, logos have to be under 3072x3072px, which ours was not :lol: Steam needs to get with the high-res times. Anyway, logo winging it's way to Mr. Gerbik.

Just put my 'after Q3' pre-order details into one of those order date calculators and it's not looking good, lads. 

image.thumb.png.dbf5ee6c9395ef6e4e2503cb9f7dc6a9.png

If anyone here is thinking of selling theirs (any size/model is fine, as well as it being above list price in this market), let me know and I can try and save you the horrors of ebay 🙌

• Kryptonian changed the title to Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK