IGNORED

Nintendo Switch Pro

deKay

2 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

That is a thing of beauty. Seriously contemplating getting another switch. 

How many do you currently have? 

I have three 😬

• 4 weeks later...

Remember when NoE, at an event, insisted there were no plans at Nintendo for a redesigned DS, and then 7 hours later NoJ announced the DS Lite?

19 minutes ago, Siri said:

Yep. Announce now-ish, production run for 6-9 months, bosh.

Excellent way to tank OLED sales over Christmas

19 minutes ago, SMD said:

Excellent way to tank OLED sales over Christmas

Did the release of the OLED and Lite tank the OG Switch?

I'm guessing the price cut it got helped it truck along, but I don't look into sales figures these days.

7 minutes ago, Siri said:

Did the release of the OLED and Lite tank the OG Switch?

I'm guessing the price cut it got helped it truck along, but I don't look into sales figures these days.

The OLED is a more premium product but doesn't offer a markedly different experience. A new Switch instantly devalues the current one on performance.

Perfectly fair, provided that any incoming hardware is a new platform instead of iterative.

I was considering any new launch to be akin to 'New 3DS' standards, where the platform is mostly the same except for the changes necessary to output at 4K and a handful of titles that fully take advantage of that fact.

2 minutes ago, Siri said:

Perfectly fair, provided that any incoming hardware is a new platform instead of iterative.

I was considering any new launch to be akin to 'New 3DS' standards, where the platform is mostly the same except for the changes necessary to output at 4K and a handful of titles that fully take advantage of that fact.

If there are no exclusive games in a meaningful way and developers continue to make games for the lowest power profile throughout the life of the new Switch then yes, I agree with you. Given we're this far in and it's rumoured to be a different chip with more memory, I don't think it'll be a Pro so much as the same kind of transition as the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles have now.

To be fair, the way Americans refer to Christmas & new year as ‘the holidays’ speaks more to how little time off work they get through the rest of the year - which is not a problem we have to contend with here in the U.K., and probably why we shouldn’t adopt it from them. 

But I digress…

2 hours ago, SMD said:

Did you get your calendar the same place you got your PS Plus sub?

My holidays are in July and August.

3 minutes ago, deKay said:

My holidays are in July and August.

this is true, I did check with Mr Nintendo and he did say that the financial year was specifically planned around your holidays.

32 minutes ago, SMD said:

this is true, I did check with Mr Nintendo and he did say that the financial year was specifically planned around your holidays.

Well obviously.