IGNORED

Nintendo Switch Pro

deKay

Wait, is the reason dekay spent so long shiteing up Gotters thread with his "jokes" simply because he had a case of the red ass over someone else making a Switch Pro thread? 

Good grief. 

16 minutes ago, deKay said:

With the announcement of the OLED “normal” Switch, it’s clear there is still a Pro (or R) model on the horizon, complete with better processor, 1080p screen and 4K docked graphics. There was clearly some conflation between this real Pro and the OLED minor redesign in the recent leaks.

Current rumour is a release in March 2022 alongside BOTW2.

pass some of that copium, it sounds killer

47 minutes ago, bear said:

Wait, is the reason dekay spent so long shiteing up Gotters thread with his "jokes" simply because he had a case of the red ass over someone else making a Switch Pro thread? 

Good grief. 

Yes. I totally engineered Nintendo into releasing a Not Pro to leave me free to reign!

Oh, this is where we put the trash speculation posts now?

I think the Switch Pro will release as the New Nintendo Switch for Christmas 2022. It will have none of the suggested 4k features, but will instead be an update of the Switch Lite.

I wonder if Nintendo did some sort of a pilot project on a 4K DLSS Switch at some point in the past couple of years and it turned out to be too expensive to bring to market. Like the Sharp free-form display feasibility study that we know about from leaks.

I think it's more likely that they are still working on something like that for sometime in the future than they've decided it'd be too expensive. 

I suppose the biggest positive about the Switch OLED not being the rumoured Switch Pro is that it gives Nintendo more time to look at what people really like about the PS5 and Series consoles, namely load times, quick resume and making a lot of existing games run better. People bang on too much about "teh shinys". 

A Switch with quick resume style game changing would be fantastic for me. 

• 2 months later...