IGNORED

Star Wars: Visions - animated anthology series

knightbeat

16 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

So it's like the Animatrix?

Hopefully it'll be closer in quality to The Animatrix than to Batman: Gotham Knight, which I don't remember well except that I found it disappointing.

The other big franchise to get an animated anthology like this was Halo Legends, which I've never seen but I don't think it was very well received.

22 hours ago, knightbeat said:

New 10-part Star Wars anime series to begin on Disney+ in September 2021.

https://gizmodo.com/star-wars-visions-first-teaser-puts-a-japanese-lens-on-1847226050

I really liked the sound of this when I heard about it, but after watching that trailer it does look a bit like some of the studios have taken what they were working on anyway and painted lightsabers on top. (That one in the thumbnail especially)

Still totally onboard though as I loved the Animatrix back in the day and I love short stories set in the Star Wars universe. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've already blitzed the whole lot. The first might have been the best.

People will probably be happy to hear there's little in the way of direct crossover with movies, or "small universe", people don't like. I think it was just one episode with some existing characters.

not gonna lie, i only got half way through the first ep of What If before being so fucked off by that excuse for "animation"  that i turned it off!

this by comparison...i admit im only 3 eps in, is marvelous! Its what What if should have been!

Yes its basically star wars animatrix, but so what! :D

edit - ok, the 1st is sublime as a stand-alone thing. But, the 5th ep, "The Ninth Jedi" THAT could be a pilot ep for a series! that really needs to be developed into an 80's style weekly action adventure cartoon!

On 04/07/2021 at 22:35, Sarlaccfood said:

I really liked the sound of this when I heard about it, but after watching that trailer it does look a bit like some of the studios have taken what they were working on anyway and painted lightsabers on top. (That one in the thumbnail especially)

That's not how the anime industry works and it's a pretty outrageous comment to make especially with the large amount of effort involved in it.

8 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

That's not how the anime industry works and it's a pretty outrageous comment to make especially with the large amount of effort involved in it.

Haha it wasn’t a genuine accusation, it’s just that a lot of the designs from the teaser looked like standard samurai with lightsaber glows on top of the swords.