What's the next good game coming out?

Marlew

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm not looking forward to anything, really. I've got to the point where I'm quite happy bimbling through my pile of shame, and grinding things like Destiny 2 or Dead By Daylight. It's quite freeing to not feel like I have to chug through a game because the new hotness is coming and I should get on board at the ground level.

I found myself doing this last night in anticipation of Halo Infinite. Have started ODST, must get through 4 and 5, and if there’s time before Infinite comes out, go back to Reach. I’m going to end up burned out on Halo before Infinite drops and have a torrid time with it. 

I’m happy to wait for the reviews and forum feedback before picking up anything. Did that with Resident Evil 8 and, at least in the latter case, wasn’t let down. Apart from Infinite, nothing absolutely essential for me except maybe Advance Wars and Warioware, and even those might not be day one. 

I do have do Elden Ring on preorder, but that’s 2022 and so doesn’t count. 

I'm quite excited for The Ascent so I'm really hoping it turns out good. 

Other than that I'm looking forward to Zelda: Skyward Sword, Forza Horizon 5 and Deathloop. 

I don't keep on top of upcoming releases as much as I used to.

The upside of that is I think I like it better when things just come out and you're like "woah, what the hell is this?!"

Games I'm really looking forward to that I haven't forgotten about include

Star Hunter DX
Mechanical Star Astra
Bullet Sorceress
Chronoblast Maximum Force
MoGiSho
Angel at Dusk
Blue Sabers Early Mission
Sophstar
Operation Steel
The spruced up version of "Pomeron Warriors 2" that's coming eventually

There'll be loads more but my brains kicked over the filing cabinet and insists we eat toast now.

29 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

How am I the onlycunt who’s said WarioWare? :quote:

Disappointed in you, Rllmuk.

But it’s not the next good game coming out.

I’m stoked for it btw.

I'm having too much fun playing old stuff at the moment. I've missed replaying the Gears games, so that was £500 on a Series X very well spent.

However, Halo Infinite is going to be great. Rewatching the infamous gameplay trailer from a couple of years back made me even more excited because I think it looks far far better than people have it credit for. 

I feel the same about warioware, great game butit isnt then NEXT one :D . The next good game Im looking forward to is Flight Sim. If that doesn't count as a game then 12 minutes or Psychonauts 2.

Diablo 2 and Warioware for September

I’ve been absolutely spoiled with Gamepass, so I’m working my way through an endless pile of shame with that while waiting for stuff like Psychonauts 2, Flight Sim, The Ascent, Forza Horizon 5, 12 Minutes and Halo Infinite to arrive. It finally feels like MS are delivering on the years of promises.

Other than that, BOTW2 is really the only other one, but that’s way off.

I’m also trying not to get envious of the excellent games on PS5, as I’m really going to try and hold out until they redesign the console.

Theres just too much!

1 hour ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Psychonauts 2 definitely is the highlight of the year.  Monkey Ball banana mania is another that I’m looking forward to as well as Intrepid Izzy on the Dreamcast. 

The original Psychonauts is on Game Pass, right? Does it hold up at all?

9 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I think there are a fair good games coming out. When's the next GREAT game coming out, though? Probably Elden Ring next year.

And I completely forgot about this as well. When’s it due?

How patronising. I’m just making conversation.

That undoubtedly took you longer to type out than just answering me as well.

The one I’m really looking forward to is Horizon Far West - loved the first game and from what we’ve seen so far I think there’s a strong possibility this could be a Mass Effect 2-level sequel that retains everything that worked and fixes everything that didn’t. 

But really, apart from that it’s all about backlog now. Currently playing Sekiro and then on to Final Fantasy remake upgrade - those two are probably going to take me through to autumn. 

On the Xbox side, 12 minutes and Flight Simulator look good - I really hope Flight Simulator isn’t too nerdish and that it has a basic mode where you can just chill out and fly about the place with no difficulty. Aside from that, a lot of ‘might be good’ games but I guess that’s the fun of having access to them anyway.

Next big games for me are Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Psychonauts 2, really hoping both live up to their predecessors!

Further ahead, I'm looking forward to Metroid Dread, Deathloop, SMTV and the Advance Wars 1&2 remake.

For me, Halo Infinite is this year's big game. If I could have only one, it is that one, please. 

Because I don't have to restrict myself, I might give the new Metroid a go on Switch, but besides that, I'm not sure there's anything on my radar that isn't from the Gamepass library. I'll try Flight Sim, but I definitely wouldn't buy it, and there are some indies I'm interested in like 12 Minutes.  

But as I said, Halo Infinite is the one I'm waiting for.

Old World, which is out next week iirc. I have high hopes this can shake up the 4x genre in a positive way with its Civ meets Crusader Kings style gameplay.

Played an hour so in early access and it's very promising - just holding off for the 1.0 release.

57 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

The original Psychonauts is on Game Pass, right? Does it hold up at all?

I should really give it another shot. Haven’t played it since the Xbox days myself so any opinion I have is clouded by nostalgia. I can’t imagine it not still holding up if you’re forgiving of the graphics being rough.

Can't even comtemplate entertaing any more games at the moment... too much of a backlog of great stuff already.

Going to get stuck into Returnal when I get a spare bit of time and play with Dreams (which I've been meaning to do for a while now). The other game I've yet to try is Days Gone - which is part of the PS+ offering.

Oh and also want to play Ghost Of Tesushima at some point. 

Games I am looking forward to are Gran Turismo 7 with PSVR2. I know its a way off but this is it. Until then I have more than enough to be getting on with! (thats before I look at my PC games too!).

Probably Forza for me, despite watching all the conferences I'm still not really sure what's coming this year, not much by the sound of it.

I'll give Halo a go as it's on Game Pass, but my expectations are pretty rock-bottom based on what they've shown so far.

I'd be up for Deathloop, but the fact that Arkane's been acquired means there's no rush since you know it'll be available for free* at some point.

Hades on Xbox when it comes on Game Pass. 

It doesn't matter than I have a 95 hour save file on the physical version I bought for the Switch. 

Hades is Hades and should be rinsed more than once.

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Personally because I fear it's going to make me use the Joy Con waggle functions and if that's the case I can't be arsed with it.

Some people would have said the same about WarioWare Twisted, Touched and/or Smooth Moves. Some people would have DUN FUCKED UP :quote:

A ton, but from the top of my head and for this year:

12 Minutes 
Death's Door
Sifu
Axiom Verge 2
Jett: The Far Shore (seriously, does nobody on here read Edge?)

AAA
Metroid Dread
Ghostwire Tokyo
Horizon Forbidden West