IGNORED

What's the next good game coming out?

Marlew

What are you looking forward to that has a release date? 

Schedules looking a bit clearer and firmer now for the next six to nine months. Not that much I'm interested in which has a release date but Flight Sim, FH5 and Elden Ring are top of the list and basically my whole list. 

Just now realised that Dodonpachi Daioujou and Mushihimesama Futari are not coming to Switch, I just dreamt it last night. Horrible feeling. 

What game are you looking forward to that has a release date? I keep thinking I must have forgotten stuff. 

The games I have pre-ordered, or will before they release are:

Cotton Reboot

Darius Cozmic whatever the PAL release is getting

Necromunda: Hired Gun (physical release)

Aliens: Fireteam

Mario Party Superstars*

Lost Judgment*

Shin Megami Tensei V

*Games that I'm really, really excited about.

I'm looking forward to Psychonauts 2 and Death's Door this summer, both out on Game Pass day one. I'll probably play Twelve Minutes as well, also on Game Pass, and I'll be keeping an eye on Kena: Bridge of Spirits, too, which looks like it's going to be relatively "budget" for a PS5 game.

From there, I'll definitely give Forza Horizon 5 a go in September and, depending on the reviews, Deathloop on the PS5 might tempt me. I've got Metroid Dread pre-ordered for October, which I've high hopes for after Samus Returns.

After that, the other things I want to play this year don't have a definite release date. If the Halo Infinite campaign does actually come out in December then I'll play through that. I'm still waiting on a release date for the Xbox Series update for Cyberpunk 2077, as well as news on the ever-elusive Hollow Knight: Silksong. This was my most anticipated game at the beginning of the year, so I really hope Team Cherry can get it launched. It would be a great game for the winter holidays.

Looking forward to the start of next year, Elden Ring is pre-ordered, so I need to prepare my body for that, then there's a big break until next summer for anything I'm truly interested in with Somerville, which, after INSIDE, should be another incredible 3-5 hours of brooding menace. Later in the year, of course, there's Breath of the Wild 2, but that still feels a bit intangible at the moment.

Pie in the sky time, but next-gen updates for both Bloodborne (as rumoured) and Red Dead Redemption 2 this year would definitely give me an excuse to give both of those games a replay.

Of course, in the the meantime I've got literally dozens of other games to play.

Edit:

I just realised that @Marlew specified one game, not 15. Ah well.

I'm not looking forward to anything, really. I've got to the point where I'm quite happy bimbling through my pile of shame, and grinding things like Destiny 2 or Dead By Daylight. It's quite freeing to not feel like I have to chug through a game because the new hotness is coming and I should get on board at the ground level.

WarioWare: Get it Together is the next one for me. That’s out in September. Then October is looking pretty stacked. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania and Metroid Dread are out within a few days of each other. I’m lead to believe there are a few other big games out that month, though not sure I know too much about what they are. Just chat I’ve heard on podcasts.

I’ve got those three that I mentioned preordered, along with the Zelda Game & Watch in November and Elden Ring in January. Advance Wars is going on my Christmas list.

E3 allowed multiples companies Nintendo to take my money, put it that way.

I realise this isn't a novel observation, but looking through my list, it's notable how few PS5 games there are coming out which I'm interested in. Kena and Deathloop, but that's it, and neither of them I'm tempted enough by to preorder.

These rumours of a belated Sony E3 conference better come up with the goods.

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

After that, the other things I want to play this year don't have a definite release date. If the Halo Infinite campaign does actually come out on December then I'll play through that.  

Phil Spencer said earlier this week that the only reason they haven't dated Halo yet is because they want to make sure it's not releasing anywhere near the new Call of Duty, but it's definitely out this year. Which makes sense. 

Skyward Sword HD in July. Ridiculously excited. Didn’t play much of it on Wii as I wasn’t hugely into Zelda back then, but it’s pretty much my favourite game series now. And even a slightly iffy instalment ticks all the boxes for me.

Mario Golf - the idea of that mode where you're all bombing around the course taking shots at the same time, looks like loads of fun.

And then:

Humankind

Halo Infinite

Elden Ring

Metroid Dread

Whether I actually play any of this stuff when it comes out is a other question...

I made a list in the Neo:TWEWY thread yesterday of everything I've got preordered between now and the end of the year. It's mostly Switch stuff, because I'll play most of the Xbox stuff on Gamepass, but it's a hell of a list:

Mario Golf

Disgaea 6

Neo: TWEWY

Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Silver Case: Deluxe Edition

NIS Classics Vol 1: Phantom Brave/Soul Nomad Collection

Metroid Dread: Limited Edition

Advance Wars

Super Monkey Ball

Danganronpa: Collectors Edition

Shin Megami Tensei V

Plus stuff I'd forgotten I've got on preorder but this thread reminded me:

Cotton: Reboot

The Great Ace Attorney (US physical version)

Deaths Door 

Tales of Arise

Just now, Jamie John said:

I forgot about the new Ace Attorney game. Is that next month?

Yep, end of July.  

Neo: The World Ends With You is the main one for me.

Otherwise, uh… 🤔 the Nier mobile game? Maybe Elden Ring depending on what I think after more info is revealed?

Oh, and I’m still waiting on the PS4 update for Tetris Effect/Connected

I'm quite looking forward to Lost Ark, I've been waiting for it to come out in English for ages.

I really enjoy ARPGs but I get very bored very quickly with the end game. I think an MMOARPG with loads of content will be right up my street!

image.png.2539382cefa5e38eb7b533ba30578f1b.png

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Advance Wars 1+2 and Metroid Dread for Switch. Back 4 Blood and/or Aliens Fireteam for Playstation 4 to play co-op with friends. Really interested in Psychonauts 2, but I'm not buying anything else that comes out this year on my Playstation until I replace it with a PS5 (or Xbox series X) in 2022-2023.