Jump to content
IGNORED

League 1, League 2, National League and beyond 2021/22


neoELITE
 Share

Where will my team end up  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

4-0 home win against Accrington. 

 

That's 5 wins from 5 and 5 clean sheets in 5. 5!!!!

 

It should've been 5-0 😒

 

 

Yup, that would have been interstella 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, El Pibe said:

Exeter up to 2nd with a win away at Oldham. Also have 2 games in hand on most of the teams just below us.

 

Really hope we can do this.

 

So do I. I doubt we'll get promoted this time. Two years ago, we had a derby game that was sold out. Covid meant it was postponed. I really want to see a sold out Home Park Vs you lot. The atmosphere Vs Portsmouth recently was superb but we need a Devon derby. I do hope you go up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're after a possibly decent football match to watch tonight, 3rd plays 4th live on BT as Halifax come to the Racecourse. They are in brilliant form, winning 5 out of 5 so I'm intrigued to see exactly how good they are. We got a draw against Bromley away on Saturday, but our keeper Lainton broke his wrist and is out for the rest of the season which could prove to be significant. Fingers crossed our number two keeper Dibble does okay, but he has been a bit error prone in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another decent and dominant home performance from us last night as we won 3-1.  Stockport march on, but a top 3 spot looks there for the taking. Particularly when you consider the mid table level form of 2nd placed Chesterfield that's been going on since Christmas.

 

Anyway, I booked the date of the playoff final off work last week. Yes I am asking for trouble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, neoELITE said:

 

But you won 😃

 

Yes we did, a nice surprise and revenge for the home defeat. L2 is incredibly tight with 4 points separating 7 teams, perfectly possible for Sutton to still get a playoff place - we just have to treat the Cup final glory/battering as a one off, and hope some of our injured return.  

New stand is available for visiting fans, bringing us up to the FL requirement although it looked as if most of Tranmere stood for the duration last Saturday.  Just the terracing on either side to be expanded snd finished now.

20220319_150108.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh @Fatsam oh no. What's going on in Wales? 2-0 up against relegated Dover and you're 2-4 down.

 

We're losing away at Ipswich. The first goal we have conceded in ten hours so I can't really complain.

 

EDIT 97th minute winner 6-5. hahaha mental.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Oh @Fatsam oh no. What's going on in Wales? 2-0 up against relegated Dover and you're 2-4 down.

 

We're losing away at Ipswich. The first goal we have conceded in ten hours so I can't really complain.

 

EDIT 97th minute winner 6-5. hahaha mental.

Yep, town are in the charge for 6th 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Yep, town are in the charge for 6th 😉

 

Looking at the table, I doubt that. You've got Rotherham and Wigan left. Shrewsbury away is a tough one. 

 

We've got 6 games left and we're on 74 points. That's usually enough for a play off place. It's ridiculous in League 1. I fancy Wycombe to sneak 6th. Their run in is very easy in comparison to all the other contenders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

 

Looking at the table, I doubt that. You've got Rotherham and Wigan left. Shrewsbury away is a tough one. 

 

We've got 6 games left and we're on 74 points. That's usually enough for a play off place. It's ridiculous in League 1. I fancy Wycombe to sneak 6th. Their run in is very easy in comparison to all the other contenders.

I went to the home game against Rotherham…. Was a fucking joke, I wanted to leave at half time, only reason I didn’t was due to getting offered a lift home, rather than catching the train 😂

gotta hang on to a “bit” of hope though 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Oh @Fatsam oh no. What's going on in Wales? 2-0 up against relegated Dover and you're 2-4 down.

 

We're losing away at Ipswich. The first goal we have conceded in ten hours so I can't really complain.

 

EDIT 97th minute winner 6-5. hahaha mental.

 

From being 5-2 down. Football's not a bad sport is it?  Putting aside some not so great defending from us today, and our keeper having an absolute stinker, Dover actually were far more threatening than some sides I've seen, have a couple of really tricky pacey players and gave it absolutely everything. As did we! The comeback was always on, we've loads of goals in this side and Dover looked vulnerable at the back from the off, but it's another thing to actually see it happen. Ollie Palmer was immense up front. He's the player Angles Morts told me he was and perhaps more, makes a monumental difference, a focal point that lifts all those around. And he's scoring too. 

 

Struggling to think of a better atmosphere since we stayed up in the league on the last day of the season 15 years ago to be honest. People were jumping around who don't normally jump around. Unbelievable. And we've gone second!

 

This was my mate's 6 year old son's first ever football game. I think we've got him locked in for life now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Fatsam said:

 

From being 5-2 down. Football's not a bad sport is it?  Putting aside some not so great defending from us today, and our keeper having an absolute stinker, Dover actually were far more threatening than some sides I've seen, have a couple of really tricky pacey players and gave it absolutely everything. As did we! The comeback was always on, we've loads of goals in this side and Dover looked vulnerable at the back from the off, but it's another thing to actually see it happen. Ollie Palmer was immense up front. He's the player Angles Morts told me he was and perhaps more, makes a monumental difference, a focal point that lifts all those around. And he's scoring too. 

 

Struggling to think of a better atmosphere since we stayed up in the league on the last day of the season 15 years ago to be honest. People were jumping around who don't normally jump around. Unbelievable. And we've gone second!

 

This was my mate's 6 year old son's first ever football game. I think we've got him locked in for life now.

 

Thought you'd blown my acca, but as the minutes ticked on, thought it was ripe for a last minute goal. Thanks very much! 🙂

I do feel for those Dover players a little bit. Gave it all after a big journey. I bet they didn't fly like Stockport did!  But that's football innit! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ref nearly started a riot at the Tranmere game today. Totally inept and completely changed the game with the red cards. Also started booking players and coaching staff seemingly at random. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1-0 home win Vs Oxford. I think we're nailed on for the play offs. A really entertaining game with a cracking winning goal. We utterly dominated in the second half. The clean sheet was a testament to our amazing keeper Mike Cooper and our back three. Oxford looked knackered. We've let in one goal in eight games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2-1 away win at the Valley. The Valley is a great stadium, shame it wasn't full. 1100 Imps saw our first ever win there. I had a non-imp friend visiting and she suggested taking the Emirates cable car from Victoria Dock. First time I've travelled by cable car to an away game. Great day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Top quality footage as ever from iFollow. From the angle we saw it from(from behind the goal) it looked like he cleanly got to the ball first with a block tackle. It didn’t even look like a free kick. If you look closely it’s the arms of the Tranmere player as he slips that touches the Carlisle player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.