IGNORED

Abandoned - Indie horror game or KOJIMA?

Broker

• 1 month later...
On 03/11/2021 at 15:45, df0 said:

Sorry for the bump in case you're expecting exciting news.

So, whatever happened to this? The PS5 app is still useless.

So something happened some time between November and today (was cleaning up apps and thought I'd boot it up). The app shows more and there's an actual very brief teaser. The other content - cinematic reveal, playable teaser etc. - is still not there. The teaser shows a floor with as man walking past the camera. You see his shoes and pants. The little bit of music there is sounds very Silent Hill-esque.

That's all. At least there is something happening to the app whatever it ends up being.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sacred Symbols+ had a great interview with Hassan Karaman this week, and it's quite something.  He has answers for some of the questions about things, but then hides a lot behind an NDA shield.  Insists there is a game, that it's not a scam, and that the prologue will come (but will now be a 2 hour game, sold to fund the production of the real game).  The way he describes BlueBox it's like the studio is less of a company, and more just a collective of people around the world contributing to something remotely.

But there's still something about it all that reminds me of that lad from The Tinder Swindler - that he's just a man built on lies, and that somehow he's just creaming money off this.

And I still think it's really strange that Sony allowed (and continue to allow) their 'App' to be on the PS5 store when there's nothing to show.  He claims it's only a PS5 exclusive because it's 'by playstation fans, for playstation fans', and that Sony have no involvement.  Yet the PS blog post announcement, and the app, still suggest they're more involved than he's letting on.

All very confusing stuff.  LSM have stuck it on their YouTube channel now so it's not behind the patreon paywall now and there for people to watch for free.

Sony allow all sorts of shit on their official channels, it's not really indicative of anything. They happily promoted that Black Tiger drivel or whatever the hell it was called.

I think general consensus at the moment is that he's just trying to scam some investments off the back of all the publicity he managed to get for basically nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

This is all dodgy as shit.

i had the thought in my mind about this game. I couldn’t remember what it was called. After a little searching I found it and sure enough heres a dodgy as hell interview from just a few days ago.

Whats he not showing with that weird camera angle?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe the end is nigh after all…

Most recently, it's said that the game is back to telling a story about a cult, but it seems not to matter. Those who spoke to GameSpot say he never appears to be working on the game or its prologue. Since last fall, he has so often been chatting with the group or playing Siege straight through the night that those close to the situation feel the time for meaningful progress doesn't seem available. They expect Abandoned to end up like the last several games announced by Blue Box: discarded after little progress and without much more than a reveal trailer. His past games were virtually scrubbed from the internet and this one would seem destined for the same fate. Only this time, and for the first time in his career, Kahraman has an audience for his game of smoke and mirrors, and it's one he seems unable or unwilling to manage.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/blue-box-dev-behind-ps5s-abandoned-misled-fans-solicited-business-deals-in-toxic-chatroom/1100-6504049/