Abandoned - Indie horror game or KOJIMA?

Broker

6 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

This is literally the backstory of a Hideo Kojima game. Are we actually Kojima characters? Is this even real?

I don’t want Hideo Kojima to write me but the evidence (long expository speeches, terrible logic) is mounting.

I think by far the most convincing thing is that when I watched the abandoned trailer my first thought was “why is there so much weirdly written dialogue?”. Kojima is in my mind.

They mentioned a religious cult in the teaser. Faffing around with the titles as an anagram, this is surely some sick sex sim, here's some anagrams to prove it!

Dana boned!

Bead Donna!

Ana bonded!

A bed, Donna!

Boned nada (I suspect this will trigger the Game Over screen).

9 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I tried sneaking in but the cleaner turned me away

I cannot believe you missed the opputunity to attempt this in a cardboard box. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

THE PLOT THICKENS

'Abandon' comes from the French 'bandeau' and that means:

definition of bandeau

bandeau, bandeaus, bandeaux - n.

- a headband

- an undergarment worn by women to support their breasts 

Headband is what Solid Snake wears! And the other thing, well, Kojima amirite

Lol. Man you’re good at this!! Maybe a little bit toooooo good at this.......HIDEO!??! 

There’s clearly enough evidence there to fill a 25min YouTube vid. Get on it! 

@Mr. Gerbik Holy shit, you actually went there and took photos! Lol Heard the MGS alert sound when I perused them for important clues. :)

All I can deduce is that you are now a key factor in all of this, as you “just happen” to “conveniently live within walking distance” of the very building at the epicentre of this “conspiracy”. Interesting.......

11 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

lol should I go back and check again

God dammit. God DAMMIT. Homo Ludens is one of Kojima's favourite books. Fuck. It's all Kojima. Kojimas all the way down. I'M Kojima and so are you.

2 hours ago, Spacehost said:

God dammit. God DAMMIT. Homo Ludens is one of Kojima's favourite books. Fuck. It's all Kojima. Kojimas all the way down. I'M Kojima and so are you.

Guess what’s east of Amsterdam: a small island! Guess how you spell that in Japanese?

Spoiler

Kojima!

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Guess what’s east of Amsterdam: a small island! Guess how you spell that in Japanese?

Hide contents

Kojima!

Can confirm.

And a few more mind-blowing facts: the actress that played Quiet in MGS5 is Dutch. She studied Japanese in... (drumroll) Leiden! 

If Kojima wanted to set up something in Leiden, he has plenty of contacts here and also loads of Dutch people who speak Japanese are located here because of the Japanese faculty of Leiden University.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

When this turns out to be nothing, no-one who jumped on board this crazy train is allowed to make fun of QAnon/right-wing conspiracy theorists ever again.

Nobody in this thread is even remotely serious. Browsing through the thread on Resetera though, a lot of people seem convinced this is actually a thing. Just goes to show how easy it is to fall in the confirmation bias trap 

I’d say I’m 15% convinced it’s Kojima. It’s unlikely but possible, given that he’s publicly stated that he was disappointed by how quickly people figured it out last time. I’m not going to be angry or upset if it’s not him, but I’m not going to be shocked if it is.

Mostly though I just enjoy the insane lengths people go to investigating these kinds of things. It’s fun trying to keep track of what people have discovered.