Abandoned - Indie horror game or KOJIMA?

Broker

I've not seen any bees, which is a shame as I'm quite fond of them.

Maybe I'll just relax with a book, I wonder if anyone has and suggestions of what I could read?

23 minutes ago, Broker said:

I'm sure there's loads of studios in the Netherlands though. And Sam having the flag of the country on his back during the Death Stranding Director's Cut trailer is a reference to this studio.

It’s a reference to Guerilla Games, who made the engine the game runs on.

This is just a continuation of all the Silent Hills stuff that was doing the rounds with Death Stranding. People genuinely thought that nobody in their right mind would make a game about a bloke delivering parcels and so pieced together shit loads of random stuff to prove that Death Stranding was fake and a cover for Silent Hills being stealth released. They believed this right up until they put the Death Stranding disc in their PS4s and the game booted up! Lol

I think Silent Hill 2 has got one of the best video game stories ever created. The sound design on it is fucking incredible. I would love a new Silent Hill game that does the series justice. I think there’s got to be a Silent Hill coming and Sony have definitely got some big announcements on the way, but I’d say if we do see more Silent Hill it’s likely to be a Bluepoi...oops, Blue Box remake. ;)

You can prove anything with enough confirmation bias. You just gotta believe!

If this is unrelated to Kojima, I don't know whether to feel sorry for those poor devs for getting roped into this. Or be happy for them because it gives their otherwise small time indie game a huge amount of exposure and free pr.

A few coincidences I can buy but it seems like too many to me. If it’s not Kojima I think it’s been made to look like it might be on purpose as a genius marketing move from a small developer. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You can prove anything with enough confirmation bias. You just gotta believe!

If this is unrelated to Kojima, I don't know whether to feel sorry for those poor devs for getting roped into this. Or be happy for them because it gives their otherwise small time indie game a huge amount of exposure and free pr.

Yeah, it’s really interesting how the mind works and always looks for patterns and tries to make sense out of random stuff. I love mysterious spooky shit like this and it’d be awesome if one of the conspiracies ended up being true. Ya gotta do what? Ya gotta believe!!!

10 minutes ago, Broker said:

A few coincidences I can buy but it seems like too many to me. If it’s not Kojima I think it’s been made to look like it might be on purpose as a genius marketing move from a small developer. 

Have you watched the stuff on YouTube where people had put together a water tight case for Death Stranding being Silent Hills? I was addicted to it at one point! The deeper you go with it, the more random shit starts to add up to something and make sense. 

I mean......Silent Hills was cancelled. You could say.......Abandoned even! The plot thickens! :) 

Kojima 

Edit - What. The, Fuck. Swear down I never wrote Kojima in that post!!! Proper chills up the spine shit. You there Hideo?

39 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

This is just a continuation of all the Silent Hills stuff that was doing the rounds with Death Stranding. People genuinely thought that nobody in their right mind would make a game about a bloke delivering parcels and so pieced together shit loads of random stuff to prove that Death Stranding was fake and a cover for Silent Hills being stealth released. They believed this right up until they put the Death Stranding disc in their PS4s and the game booted up! Lol

I think Silent Hill 2 has got one of the best video game stories ever created. The sound design on it is fucking incredible. I would love a new Silent Hill game that does the series justice. I think there’s got to be a Silent Hill coming and Sony have definitely got some big announcements on the way, but I’d say if we do see more Silent Hill it’s likely to be a Bluepoi...oops, Blue Box remake. ;)

I missed all of the Death Stranding/Silent Hills theories when DS was released. I just thought DS was going to be a boring delivery game but it turned out to be one of my favourite games of the last few years.

As for Abandoned, that’s some deep rabbit hole that Broker has fallen down.

Do names translate between languages? Google translate will do this, but it also thinks that “Hiro” translates the same way. It’s a notoriously naive unsupervised machine learning model. For years it thought the French translation of “French” was “Anglaise” because when you compared the English and French versions of a page that text appeared in the same place.

Edit - It’s not even “Hiro”, it’s the Turkish word for “Hero”. It’s two different machine learning goofs on top of each other.

I dunno, on the line from Moby Dick Productions to Never Be Game Over, this feels closer to that weird ResetERA Silent Hill thread, which is mostly Playstation fanboys convinced there's a secret project, coming up with fake leaks and then immediately backing down when pinned down on it (because you can be banned over there for fake leaks), which has been going on for three years now in it's own weird corner.

37 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

Never forget...

What's funny is that Death Stranding had basically all the same themes as Metal Gear - the non-violence/avoidance of killing, the anti-nuke message - because they're themes Kojima is interested in, but a big chunk of people didn't care because the game didn't have enough shooting and wasn't the franchise that they had nostalgia for.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

If you can find an address for me, I can totally drop by their studios and see what it looks like! Leiden is small like I said, wherever they are is a short bike ride away if not within walking distance

This absolutely has to happen. 

1 minute ago, DeciderVT said:

Couldn't care less about Silent Hill? I knew he was a wrong 'un.

He's a good un because he correctly says *couldn't* care less. All the could care less people are worse than Hitler