IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

It's exhausting supporting Man Utd these days.

I went to watch Simon Amstel at the Ipswich Corn Exchange, I missed a cracking match, for a "comedy" show that I would happily have rewatched the Utd vs Leicester match of last weekend!! FFS :(

9 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

It's exhausting supporting Man Utd these days.

They will draw or beat Liverpool. Which is a win for all!

This whole situation works for everyone.

The Man U fans get some high fives and can say how great Ole is, hey remember that thing he did about a quarter of a century ago?

The other teams know that Ole won't take the team anywhere and they won't win anything worthy of what the Man United fans expect.

The Glazey boys will keep making the cash monieeesssss.

Good times for everyone.

Well, almost everyone.

B0iqkgnCMAAVIaQ.jpg.7a53d46b3b344a105a45d09c0da2f995.jpg

11 hours ago, Plissken said:

Quick question for Leicester, Villa or Wolves supporters.

Friend of a friend is looking to get themselves to a PL game in November.  They are Warwick based, so those three clubs look to be the best bet.  How easy is it to get tickets for a home game?  Just in general to start off with.

(FWIW, as far as fixtures go, Leicester have Chelsea and Watford at home, Villa play Brighton and Wolves have Everton and West Ham.) 

I have a season ticket so I'm not sure, but I think it's possible, Everton looks a good shout actually as it's a Monday night game and on TV so might be one to aim for.

On 17/10/2021 at 21:10, Ork1927 said:

If we do lose Wednesday to Fulham then we’d play next Saturday with the threat of worst ever losing run in the club’s history being inflicted by one N.Warnock.

Im not even worrying about possible relegation - the rest of the bloody season now solely consists of stressfully counting down until the start of April then praying we stop you doing the double.

Managed to equal a club record created on Christmas Day 1933 last night.

7 League losses on the trot.

In 1933 we let in 25 goals in those games - this time only 17, but we scored 6 back then as opposed to 1 this time.

We also haven't scored in the first half of any league game this season - our two top scorers are centre halves and our third top scorer played one League cup game as a trialist and was released.

3 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Managed to equal a club record created on Christmas Day 1933 last night.

7 League losses on the trot.

In 1933 we let in 25 goals in those games - this time only 17, but we scored 6 back then as opposed to 1 this time.

We also haven't scored in the first half of any league game this season - our two top scorers are centre halves and our third top scorer played one League cup game as a trialist and was released.

I thought you looked alright against us last night though! Certainly had some chances. You’re by no means the worst team I’ve seen in the Championship anyway. 

9 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

I thought you looked alright against us last night though! Certainly had some chances. You’re by no means the worst team I’ve seen in the Championship anyway. 

Yeah - I thought we exceeded expectations last night, but that’s because old Mick didn’t play 4 or 5 centre halves at the back.

And I’m not joking - that’s what he keeps doing. The games where we’ve played a normal back 4 are the ones we’ve looked partly competent (last night and Reading).

Although saying that, you looked like you could have gone up 2 or 3 gears and have scored more and it’s depressing watching Wilson and Bobby Reid do stuff like passing and running and shooting against us.

20 hours ago, Plissken said:

Friend of a friend is looking to get themselves to a PL game in November.  They are Warwick based, so those three clubs look to be the best bet.  How easy is it to get tickets for a home game?  Just in general to start off with.

(FWIW, as far as fixtures go, Leicester have Chelsea and Watford at home, Villa play Brighton and Wolves have Everton and West Ham.) 

It's actually easier to get match tickets at Molineux this season that previously - they have changed the 'loyalty points' system meaning supporters who haven't been to many/any games that season don't have to wait as long before they can purchase tickets online.

Once it's open to general sale, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to buy tickets.  I couldn't tell you how far in advance that is though because I'm not in a position to attend at the moment - way too much to do on the new house which takes up all my spare time and money!!

20 hours ago, Plissken said:

Does it have to be a premier league game? The Ricoh (CBS) arena is only 15 miles away and Cov are playing great football at the minute. Plus they don’t have to go to Leicester, Brum or Wolverhampton. 

4 hours ago, Plissken said:

They're visiting Americans.  They need to be eased in gently...

Looks like it is Villa vs Brighton as their first choice, then Wolves vs West Ham.

Thanks for all the responses.

I once sat on the train to Euston following a Wolves vs Burnley game and the next table was occupied by American Burnley fans, could it have been them, or do Burnley have a load of American fans?

We do have a fair North American contingent.  Unless you were sat next to the new owners.

It won't have been the person I'm asking for.  It is the son of a guy I've known for twenty years via a Boston Bruins mailing list.  He's messaged me saying his son is visiting Warwick Uni for some post-grad work and was looking to catch a game so I thought that I would try to help out.

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

Roma lost 6-1 to Bodo/Glimt. Good to see Mourinho's career trajectory hasn't improved.

Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha haAha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 😆

On 20/10/2021 at 20:50, Plissken said:

Bit late to the party here. Leics v Chelsea is already sold out. Watford tickets won’t be available on general release until at least 9 November, by which time they’ll probably be sold out to members. Probably be able to get EL tickets for 25th November between Leicester and Legia Warsaw. Pretty difficult getting PL tickets at the KP. 

They're proceeding with the alcohol trial and the only objections appear to be violence rather than the much more likely scenario of having to drive an hour home at midnight covered in some cunt's pint.