Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Adebayor built a mansion in the very poor community he was from in Togo with a statue on the roof in the shape of the Statue of Liberty but with the torch replaced with a football.

This probably says a lot about him.

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Adebayor built a mansion in the very poor community he was from in Togo with a statue on the roof in the shape of the Statue of Liberty but with the torch replaced with a football.

This probably says a lot about him.

32594489.jpg

:lol:

Yep. A friend who didn't have any interest in football spent time in Togo and sent me some photos of it when she asked a local why this plush mansion was slapped in the middle of a poor neighbourhood, and got told it was owned by a footballer.

It's not in great taste at best.

Yeah, he was financially responsible for more people than he should have been too. Big family, but lots of hangers on with it afaik.   I certainly don't think his personal life enabled him to be as laser focussed on football as someone who grew up in middle class in Europe would have been able to. 

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Yeah, he was financially responsible for more people than he should have been too. Big family, but lots of hangers on with it afaik.   I certainly don't think his personal life enabled him to be as laser focussed on football as someone who grew up in middle class in Europe would have been able to. 

I also had zero recollection of him ever playing for Crystal Palace. Madness. 

This is like when I found out Samuel Eto'o played for Everton.

4 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I also had zero recollection of him ever playing for Crystal Palace. Madness. 

This is like when I found out Samuel Eto'o played for Everton.

I wish I couldn't remember it.

He describes coming to us as the worst decision of his career, he seems to be forgetting he got to pocket £65k a week for doing fuck all, the useless mercenary twat.

38 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

I wish I couldn't remember it.

He describes coming to us as the worst decision of his career, he seems to be forgetting he got to pocket £65k a week for doing fuck all, the useless mercenary twat.

Haha. He's one of those players that never really endeared himself to any fanbase. He was at his best playing on loan at spurs. As soon as he got a full time deal he was back to being lazy. 

On Tuesday afternoon, an account on Instagram posted a quote from Strujik apologising to Elliott. Elliott commented on the post: “(It) wasn’t his fault whatsoever! Neither was it a red card just a freak accident but these things happen in football (sic)."

Well said.

It was funny when Bayern smashed Barca 8-2, but tonight was a little bit sad. Yes, I know they brought it on themselves so fuck them, but starting with Luuk de Jong and finishing with about 5 teenagers shows just how far they've fallen. Bayern didn't break a sweat, and still Barca couldn't lay a glove on them.

2 hours ago, layten said:

Has Ronaldo won the Europa League before?

Academic, as he won't win it this year either.

Incidentally, he's played 183 games in Europe, and only two of them weren't in the Champions League - both legs of a 6-4 aggregate loss to Partizan Belgrade in the UEFA Cup when he was at Sporting.

4 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

It was funny when Bayern smashed Barca 8-2, but tonight was a little bit sad. Yes, I know they brought it on themselves so fuck them, but starting with Luuk de Jong and finishing with about 5 teenagers shows just how far they've fallen. Bayern didn't break a sweat, and still Barca couldn't lay a glove on them.

Fuck em.  They took being smug bastards up to 11 when they were winning so maybe a few seasons of only finishing 3rd and getting to the quarter finals of the big cup will teach them to be humble before their inevitable rise back to winning the league every other year.  

14 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Fuck em.  They took being smug bastards up to 11 when they were winning so maybe a few seasons of only finishing 3rd and getting to the quarter finals of the big cup will teach them to be humble before their inevitable rise back to winning the league every other year.  

Narrator “it didn’t “.

The Braithwaite signing was one that really stuck in the craw.

(They got an injury outside of the transfer window, so they used a League rule to make an emergency signing.  Which was them going to Leganes, who were in the bottom three and activating their top scorers release clause so they couldn't do anything about it.  At the end of the season, Leganes got relegated by a point.)

If anyone’s struggling for a stream for champions league games you can watch them on the LiveScore app if you use a VPN to spoof your location to Ireland. I pay for SurfShark but you could try using Windscribe free.

Yes they’re referral links, but they’ll give you 30 free days / extra monthly bandwidth respectively. There’s also codes for Windscribe KOMPUTER and EXPAND20 and BAKTA420 but may have expired now so apologies.

Liverpool are Spursing this right up. 10 corners and 14 shots in 25 minutes and they went 1-0 up. AC Milan looked awful and Liverpool looked like they were going to run riot. Salah had a penalty saved. Half time, Liverpool 1 AC Milan 2 

How did that happen?

13 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Liverpool are Spursing this right up. 10 corners and 14 shots in 25 minutes and they went 1-0 up. AC Milan looked awful and Liverpool looked like they were going to run riot. Salah had a penalty saved. Half time, Liverpool 1 AC Milan 2 

How did that happen?

They’ve got form for this sort of thing. I’ve seen it a lot in recent years. It’s almost the better Liverpool start the more worried I become. 

1 hour ago, Naysonymous said:

Atleti got super lucky with VAR too. They should be losing.  

It was a ridiculous decision. The Champions League was more entertaining tonight compared to last night.