IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

3 minutes ago, hmm said:

I don't imagine anyone was expecting him to last the season, or pull off a win at the Etihad, but will Arteta even see out August at this rate?

Might not make it out of the stadium at this rate…

8 minutes ago, hmm said:

I don't imagine anyone was expecting him to last the season, or pull off a win at the Etihad, but will Arteta even see out August at this rate?

I think things aren't as horrific as it looks for Arsenal. City and Chelsea are arguably the two strongest teams in the league, and Brentford away was always going to be an eminently loseable fixture.  

I don't particularly rate Arteta personally - I don't think he's a particularly bright man, he doesn't seem to have a plan for how to attack, and he alienates his best players rather than taking them with him.  But sacking him for getting thrashed by City? That would be harsh.

4 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Arsenal need to keep this to 5 or less so as not to lose ground on Norwich on goal difference, could be important at the end of the season. 

Arsenal won’t go down.  Not with Norwich and Brentford in the league.  That said third could be wide open.

10 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Ooh, stat for you.  Arteta has been in charge for 59 games and his team has got 10 red cards.  (Four of them for Xhaka.)  Next closest over that stretch is Brighton with 6.

That’s not right. Pretty sure Xhaka only has 2 of those 10.

9 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I saw someone saying he has forty percent of them.  I think he's got two of them against my lot.

I think the stats are getting muddled. 10 red cards since Arteta took over. Xhaka has 4 red cards in his Arsenal career, but 2 of those (including 1 against Burnley) were pre-Arteta.

The timing of them all is kind of irrelevant though. It’s too many for Xhaka and it’s too many for Arteta.

2 minutes ago, Buttfor said:

I think the stats are getting muddled. 10 red cards since Arteta took over. Xhaka has 4 red cards in his Arsenal career, but 2 of those (including 1 against Burnley) were pre-Arteta.

The timing of them all is kind of irrelevant though. It’s too many for Xhaka and it’s too many for Arteta.

Fair enough.  I shall have someone shot.

Don't get me wrong we are shit and deserved to lose and lose heavily! however I still can;t get over the decision to not rule out the second goal. its a clear foul, and no I don't think it would have changed the game even if the goal had been ruled out and the player sent off. we would still have managed to lose. but the point that such a clear and blatant error will just get ignored now and not commented on as "it wouldn't have made a difference" shows the state of the refereeing in the league at the minute.    

20 hours ago, Pockets said:

...but I’m also looking forward to seeing him staring into the rainy night as he’s held to a muddy 0-0 at Burnley after having his shins kicked all night. 

This. So many people ready to take lumps of of him.

Fair play to United, it's made things way more interesting.

Also he's still been scoring goals, still. What's not like about this? Back in the Prem, and the United fans will be splurging with joy.

We are bound to see tantrums, goals, fouls, red cards!

So much fun, what a great story.