IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

1 minute ago, layten said:

Brentford have more points than the other 2 promoted teams combined. 8-)

Take next weekend off. You've earned it.

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

It surprises me that the record is this low, I mean it’s a lot of cards but it’s less than 3 per game on average. I guess Wimbledon in their day were reffed differently.

They were reffed differently in 1988. Honest refs back then. 

#crazygang #LiverpoolRap

2 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

They were reffed differently in 1988. Honest refs back then. 

#crazygang #LiverpoolRap

That really stings considering I was a 1 year old when that happened and I literally watched Liverpool win the FA Cup yesterday at Wembley. Well done.

Just a shame Chelsea rolled over for Everton a few games back, as it would have been lovely and interesting for the final week following today’s results.

Glad the cheating bastards got beat yesterday at least.

54 minutes ago, dizogg said:

That really stings considering I was a 1 year old when that happened and I literally watched Liverpool win the FA Cup yesterday at Wembley. Well done.

I watched the 88 final in my friends garden on a 14" telly. He had a full Liverpool kit on. I laughed. 

I bet you weren't at Wembley though. Possibly a Wetherspoons or you were at home in your Kenny Daglish patterned Jim jams.

15 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I watched the 88 final in my friends garden on a 14" telly. He had a full Liverpool kit on. I laughed. 

I bet you weren't at Wembley though. Possibly a Wetherspoons or you were at home in your Kenny Daglish patterned Jim jams.

I know at least 4 regular match goers who failed to get tickets for the FA Cup and European Cup finals despite being pretty much guaranteed home tickets for all games. So not sure what snide point you are trying to make. 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

I know at least 4 regular match goers who failed to get tickets for the FA Cup and European Cup finals despite being pretty much guaranteed home tickets for all games. So not sure what snide point you are trying to make. 

I reckon Mr Dizogg is likely to be from the Far East* rather than a Scouser.

It's fairly similar to people claiming that all Man Utd fans live elsewhere. 

*Essex

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Nah never seen him around the county. So who knows eh.

Do you not remember when Man Utd won everything and Liverpool fans were claiming that the whole of Old Trafford lived in Essex? 

That's my point. Mr Dizogg is about as Scouse as Jellied Eels.

Plastic fans are the absolute worst.

5 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Do you not remember when Man Utd won everything and Liverpool fans were claiming that the whole of Old Trafford lived in Essex? 

That's my point. Mr Dizogg is about as Scouse as Jellied Eels.

Plastic fans are the absolute worst.

Something something plastic fan, something something, true fan, something something yawn 🥱 

Funnily enough I remember exactly where I was for the 88 Cup Final. Working as the official scorer for the visitors for Rolls Royce 1st XI vs Barnoldswick 2nd XI.

When I told the players as they came in for the tea interval that Wimbledon had won they didn’t believe me.

1 hour ago, Waggo said:

Just a shame Chelsea rolled over for Everton a few games back, as it would have been lovely and interesting for the final week following today’s results.

Glad the cheating bastards got beat yesterday at least.

They weren't great, but Jordan Pickford kept Everton in it with a save for the ages. 

He performed heroics against Leicester too.  Everton do have individuals they can rely on, and that's what's going to keep them up. 

58 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I couldn't care less how someone supports a team. I just like having fun. I am no better not worse than a fan from India, nor that person who lives in the first house on Edith Rd. 

I am from Essex, my partner Scunthorpe, my son Liverpool and my daughter Essex. The one who cares least about football? My locally born and conceived son. My Essex born daughter though, she loves the game and is adamant she will play Liverpool and had in her mind an agreement from Matt Beard (he did say he'll sign her in 10 years :lol:) 

it's the fans who are gatekeepers that are the absolute worst (outside of the obvious zealots of course) 

Nope.

For all that reasonable stuff.... nope.

Through thick and thin, everyone who loves football, they should support the team local to them. Regarless.

It's fantastic to be a community. I even went to watch Bristol Rovers for a year. 

1 hour ago, Naysonymous said:

They weren't great, but Jordan Pickford kept Everton in it with a save for the ages. 

He performed heroics against Leicester too.  Everton do have individuals they can rely on, and that's what's going to keep them up. 

I suppose your right and that was a fantastic save.

Still glad they got beat yesterday though.😛

There's too much other bullshit in life to get stressed over than giving a shit why someone follows/supports/whatevers a particular team.

But then I've follower Arsenal since I started getting interested in football due to rebelling against my Forest supporting brother and Notts County supporting cousin, despite being born in Nottingham, now I keep an eye on and watch all 3 teams when I can, even though it is from my own home.

I've even considered going to Kempston Rovers once I can afford to do so as their ground is right at the bottom of my road

13 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Nope.

For all that reasonable stuff.... nope.

Through thick and thin, everyone who loves football, they should support the team local to them. Regarless.

It's fantastic to be a community. I even went to watch Bristol Rovers for a year. 

Speaking as a Fulham fan that grew up locally and is a season ticket holder; It just. Doesn't. Fucking. Matter. 

It's definitely an excellent bullet to have in the chamber after otherwise dogshit Man Utd spank us 4-1 and we get relegated again next year and all my London born Man Utd fan mates lay into me. But it doesn't actually matter at all. 

Football's either a day out to you or something you watch on the telly. It's one of those two things and it's fine to be either.