Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

12 hours ago, Timmo said:

That Arsenal pen not being overturned after a VAR review is the worst decision I've seen this season.

Tim Krul literally came out and punched Matej Vydra in the head, yelled at him for diving when he was flat out on the floor, before turning to the ref to complain about the award of the corner.

:lol:

Nothing so dramatic as @feltmonkey's story there, but I do remember one of my U12 games where one of the opposition players decided to fully kick our striker in the chest (think the Netherlands World Cup karate kick, but without the jump.) All the ref did was make sure the offender was alright, whilst our striker was crying on the floor. :lol:

I'm glad that goal was allowed, Cork was neither interfering with play nor did it hit him in an offside position. Rather saltily, I'm reminded of the 2 goals Leicester scored that were disallowed against Brighton for Harvey Barnes 'interfering with play'. 

Always thought it took brass balls to go around Valdes, especially after giving the ball away on the edge of his own area. No fondness for Chelsea (admittedly a simmering hatred for Barcelona) but I remember going nuts watching that too. 

Yeah and looking at the remaining fixtures I reckon the last spot is between Everton and ourselves, as most of Burnley's remaining games are against teams who will be already on the beach!!!!!

Shame as I wanted the seemingly ludicrous sacking of Dyche to backfire spectacularly.  Instead it could end up being inspired.