IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Just now, englishbob said:

Nice win from Spurs, will still probably be the last match shown  on MOTD tonight - wankers

Go too ok the pub, wait for it to all blow over, and watch the MOTD highlights on YouTube in the morning 😉

1 minute ago, MikeBeaver said:

Go too ok the pub, wait for it to all blow over, and watch the MOTD highlights on YouTube in the morning 😉

Sounds like you’ve already been in the pub pal.

Well in spurs. Sort of annoying as it now gives me false hope that there’s a chance Liverpool could actually win the title and they won’t.

2 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Sounds like you’ve already been in the pub pal.

Well in spurs. Sort of annoying as it now gives me false hope that there’s a chance Liverpool could actually win the title and they won’t.

Not yet…. But I’ve started celebrating 🥳 😂😂😂 anything to see city denied a back to back title 😆

74F8D800-0F29-47FD-A343-6EB4D49EAF78.jpeg

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

Well done Spurs, despite the ref doing all he could to try and help City win. Never cheered a Harry Kane goal so much... or perhaps even ever.... 

Agreed about the ref - luckily there were three kids in the room to temper my friend’s and my language. Delighted with the win, and thought that City for all their possession didn’t have many clear chances. Lloris fumbled for their first goal, and I’m not totally convinced that the handball was worth a penalty either. Thought Romero’s arm was within his silhouette and he didn’t really have anywhere else to put it considering he was sliding along the floor and the ball was kicked straight at him.

34 minutes ago, Jammy said:

Agreed about the ref - luckily there were three kids in the room to temper my friend’s and my language. Delighted with the win, and thought that City for all their possession didn’t have many clear chances. Lloris fumbled for their first goal, and I’m not totally convinced that the handball was worth a penalty either. Thought Romero’s arm was within his silhouette and he didn’t really have anywhere else to put it considering he was sliding along the floor and the ball was kicked straight at him.

City bias innit…. That oil money talks 😝 glad spurs won though, now Utd need to do the business tomorrow….. to stay ahead of you 😳

2 hours ago, spork said:

Didn’t Gerrard have you playing well initially? Or was that just the new manager bounce? While it’s obviously not a very high benchmark at the moment you didn’t look too bad in those two games against Manchester Utd.

He initially got us playing better than we had been under Smith this year, which lasted about 5 games. Then it started to wobble and everything this year has been shiiiiiiiiiite. He's trying to play this super attacking football without the players to do it, and without a truly defensive player in midfield or someone that is good enough to dictate games there.

It's not working at all.

13 hours ago, bradigor said:

It's back on

City always manage to lose a couple of games they should win each season. It's usually to a promoted side but this time it's been Spurs both times. I still expect them to win every game between now and the end of the season. 

13 hours ago, Jammy said:

Ahhh, own-club bias :P It was a blatant penalty, Romero forearm-smashed the ball!

13 hours ago, ryodi said:

Messi is not the worst penalty taker at PSG.

This is what people overlook with Messi missing, he's always been in teams where other penalty takers also miss. Neymar and Suarez did at Barcelona. You'd think he'd have practised the send the keeper the wrong way run up here. Worse than a failed panenka somehow. 

Left footed takers like Messi are easier for keepers to read, I think stats back that up. I remember Tim Vickery saying Maradona once missed 3 penalties in a row. Because Messi takes so many he has to mix it up, but there are a few spots keepers can't get to regardless, I'd like penalty master Maguire to teach Messi some things.

I remember Van Nistelrooy used to do the low left shot over and over but as a player is there a feeling that if I don't hit this 90% perfect then the keeper will save it, he knows I'm going in that corner, safer to try something else occasionally just in case. Some top attacking forwards can't generate the same power in penalties. I just think the taller near 6 foot/beyond players like Shearer, Kane, Le Tissier have more of that. I haven't seen Messi hit a top corner penalty like Maguire did in the euros. Some powerful ones, but nothing that accurate. Because he perfected free kicks I'd like to have seen him develop some full proof lazer guided accurate top corner rocket penalty, either corner doesn't matter. Maybe even either foot like Ronnie OSullivan in snooker just to take the piss. 

18 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

Typical Liverpool fan bias, the only players who can score perfect free kicks just happen to be Liverpool players. :rolleyes: ;)

Penalty kicks! And just using the examples that came to mind… the last thing I’d ever want is to come across as biased :).

Oh yeah penalty kicks. where is my head. That was supposed to be a burn. First rule of burn don't make grammar mistakes fail. 

in other news..

I can't imagine any situation where I'm with my mum and she's being attacked. I like how that corridor feels like being in a Nicolas Winding Refn film.