IGNORED

Football Thread 2021/2022

Plissken

Comoros, playing in their first African Cup of Nations, and having defied expectations by getting to the knockout stage, are going to have to play their knockout game against Cameroon without a recognised goalkeeper.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/60110971

What a massive shame.  That was set up to be quite the spectacle, the hosts versus the minnows who have done so well.  Instead, it's probably going to be a sad spectacle.  To be completely honest, ordinarily I'd be well up for teams being forced to play with an outfield player in goal, but as it affects a team I was rooting for, I'm annoyed.

36 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Claudio gone at Watford.  

Are Norwich seen as being so shit that if they beat you then you simply have to sack the manager? 

It's Watford. You can be sacked for anything and nothing.

Is Ranieri the least effective manager you can hire to keep you up? First Fulham and now Watford after four months at each. Although considering how Everton are going he wouldn't be the worst appointment they could make. 

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Comoros, playing in their first African Cup of Nations, and having defied expectations by getting to the knockout stage, are going to have to play their knockout game against Cameroon without a recognised goalkeeper.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/60110971

What a massive shame.  That was set up to be quite the spectacle, the hosts versus the minnows who have done so well.  Instead, it's probably going to be a sad spectacle.  To be completely honest, ordinarily I'd be well up for teams being forced to play with an outfield player in goal, but as it affects a team I was rooting for, I'm annoyed.

Had a man sent off after 6 minutes too 

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

Seeing as I compare every stat to this (tempting fate, you see), Watford have had eight managers since Burnley last got a PL red card.

Great stat I heard on Football Weekly was that Watford haven’t kept a clean sheet in the Premier League since the World Health Organisation declared Covid-19 a pandemic.  

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

Seeing as I compare every stat to this (tempting fate, you see), Watford have had eight managers since Burnley last got a PL red card.

Aren't Burnley currently only playing at a rate of one game per year though? 

34 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

This is quite a good watch. Shame about the red. 

Aye, think Comoros had some good chances in the first half and the stand in keeper just made a great double save. 

I really felt for their goalkeeper for the second goal. His muscle memory kicked in so held his hands behind his back instead of spreading himself.

What a free kick to pull one back.

1 minute ago, feltmonkey said:

Ideal situation now would be a late equaliser, penalties, and the left back in goal ending up the hero by saving one to win the match.

Saving one then scoring the winning penalty. 

1 hour ago, Naysonymous said:

Great stat I heard on Football Weekly was that Watford haven’t kept a clean sheet in the Premier League since the World Health Organisation declared Covid-19 a pandemic.  

Time has no meaning. That could be one week, or 50 years.

7 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Claudio gone at Watford.  

Are Norwich seen as being so shit that if they beat you then you simply have to sack the manager? 

Luckily it hasn't taken long for him to find another job.

image.thumb.png.2e8178825258107ae63d1c1022565cd6.png